The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

that one hurt.

Crossing fingers and toes for Ben Mason... 

Couple of high ceiling/transfer OTs to watch: Robert Jones, and Calvin Ashley

When do you start your deep dive of Michael Mayer?

He's draft eligible in two more years!  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I ❤️ idealist Ape.  You are objectively good, and not just for primate standards.

I know you always were an idealist under your most recent username iterations but wasn't on JI much for the previous versions.

Thank you.

I'll confess - that post right there, that's real life me. 

I also have to say, I actually don't understand your second sentence at all there. LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Thank you.

I'll confess - that post right there, that's real life me. 

I also have to say, I actually don't understand your second sentence at all there. LOL

I can't assume you were an idealist under your old usernames.  In real life, always.  

In other words....

Drew:  Idealist always. 

Ape:  Idealist, but maybe only recently?

Just now, Maynard13 said:

Nobody drafts FB's anymore. He may not even be drafted unless we do.

Good athlete, great lead blocker, solid hands out of the backfield, very good ST player and he could even potentially play LB in a pinch.

I think he’s definitely getting drafted 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

CB Jason Pinnock Pittsburgh 

Pinnock recorded a 39.5-inch vertical jump, which would have been tied for second among cornerbacks at last year’s combine. He also logged a 128-inch broad jump and a 4.52-second 40-yard dash. Those figures fell short of Pinnock’s lofty goals of a 40-inch vertical, 132-inch broad jump and 4.43-second 40. But for a player who isn’t even listed among Todd McShay’s 237 graded prospects on ESPN, Pinnock might have secured himself a spot in April’s draft with his pro day performance.

There are a lot of things I felt like I should have been at or been invited to and wasn’t. Whether that’s politics or whatever that is, I don’t know. But I just wanted to do what I knew I could do here,” said Pinnock, who’s primarily been in contact with the Bengals, Jaguars, 49ers, Chargers and Jets so far. “Even my people joke with me and say, ‘They’re still sleeping.’ But the thing is, the people who will draft me and actually have a say in where I go, they’re not sleeping.”

After Wednesday, it’ll be hard to sleep on Pinnock, who boasts the second-best completion rate (37%) among outside corners in college football since 2019, per Pro Football Focus. 

• Upvote 2

Pinnock only comes in at 218th on PFF’s big board, but this is a good fit at a clear position of need in New York. He brings three seasons of starting experience in Pittsburgh’s defense and has the skill set to play press coverage and drop back into zone coverage, which is what he will be asked to do in Robert Saleh’s defense.

• Upvote 1

Jason Pinnock
CB / Pittsburgh
OVR- 218
POS- 34 / 43
Pick Grade: Above Average

Pinnock only comes in at 218th on PFF’s big board, but this is a good fit at a clear position of need in New York. He brings three seasons of starting experience in Pittsburgh’s defense and has the skill set to play press coverage and drop back into zone coverage, which is what he will be asked to do in Robert Saleh’s defense.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I love all the people who loved the first four picks who are now outraged at the last three. You guys knew we weren't going to draft exclusively offense right?

Well I look at it like this, look at each pick and trade and give it praise if you think it is good and be critical if you think it is not, thing wrong with that.  then at the end of the draft you give the whole draft praise or not.

Being critical of some moves does not mean you hate the GM or think he is a dumbass, it means you disagree with one particular moves.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can't assume you were an idealist under your old usernames.  In real life, always.  

In other words....

Drew:  Idealist always. 

Ape:  Idealist, but maybe only recently?

Oh, I think I follow. 

I think the difference is, I've grown up. I've always been an idealist.

Younger me, would get pissed at those that didn't function within my view of the ideal - and would act angry/impatient.

Older me, I've learned I can't change hearts/minds with anger and it's a recipe for alienating myself. I lead with values and typically defer to teaching moments, sharing insight and also creating space for others to flourish with their ideas - rather than insisting my way is the only way. I'm a bit of a Mr. Rogers... lol. 

I'm still a smart-ass though. That'll probably never change.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3