The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

This free agency and draft hasn't been much of an endorsement of how we feel about Perine or Davis. 

Also makes me worry that they're looking at Joyner as a CB, where he's f*cking awful.

Thought experiment time:  What are your bottom 3 (3 worst) things about this offseason to date?  What are your top 3 best things about this offseason?  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well I look at it like this, look at each pick and trade and give it praise if you think it is good and be critical if you think it is not, thing wrong with that.  then at the end of the draft you give the whole draft praise or not.

Being critical of some moves does not mean you hate the GM or think he is a dumbass, it means you disagree with one particular moves.

For sure. It just seems like some folks went from "JD is killing it!" to "what is JD doing!" as soon as he stopped drafting offense.

Look, I'm not gonna lie -- offensive players you've heard of are more exciting that DBs you haven't. I have no idea what to think of some of these day 3 picks. It just seems a little over the top.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Morrissey said:
Jason Pinnock
CB / Pittsburgh
OVR- 218
POS- 34 / 43
Pick Grade: Above Average

Pinnock only comes in at 218th on PFF’s big board, but this is a good fit at a clear position of need in New York. He brings three seasons of starting experience in Pittsburgh’s defense and has the skill set to play press coverage and drop back into zone coverage, which is what he will be asked to do in Robert Saleh’s defense.

PFF (Sound of Laughing) | Yao Ming Face / Bitch Please ...

11 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Mike renner just said pinnock stands out as the best pick of the last 10 picks, perfect scheme fit as an outside corner for the jets.

I would just say these last picks are just straight lottery picks. So Far they are all good athletes, good football character and picked specifically for our scheme. 

Youll notice all these last picks will have randoms thinking its a bad pick and then the above stating they are great picks. 

It is really important to have young players at every spot to develop. The Jets will certainly have that by the end of the draft. Whats left? Edge ? and then almost every position got someone to develop. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

For sure. It just seems like some folks went from "JD is killing it!" to "what is JD doing!" as soon as he stopped drafting offense.

Look, I'm not gonna lie -- offensive players you've heard of are more exciting that DBs you haven't. I have no idea what to think of some of these day 3 picks. It just seems a little over the top.

Part of the angst for me is what he did last year to be honest.  He had a nice draft overall but it could have been sooooo much better if he had done better in the 3,4,5 rounds last year.

In any case no one can beef about the most important picks in this draft, the 1st four were total home runs imo.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Last year: Offense ranked near bottom. 

Last year: Defense ranked near bottom. 

Last year: Special teams ranked near bottom

Seems like there's some balance in JD/Saleh draft scheme

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Shaka toney

dylan moses

Yeah I think Toney tops my list right now.

Would be hilarious to see the board explode in excitement if they take Trey Smith too. Don’t expect it though.

Larnel Coleman or Jimmy Morrissey would make sense. I think there’s a couple linebackers left too.