The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

I don’t have a major issue with all of this but missing out on Mason sucks.

All indications are that we’re going to be running the exact same Shanny WCO seen in San Fran.

A quality FB is pretty essential.

Mason could’ve potentially stepped in Day 1, played 30% of the offensive snaps and helped open up running lanes for Carter and Co.

I don’t know, maybe they think Wesco can fill the role.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No, they don't. THEY don't understand drafting for the same position group 4 times in a row.

Well it's not. 

1 LB

1 Outside CB

1 Slot CB

1 S/LB

Our secondary sucked last year and we have no linebackers. These are solid dart throws this late. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

You wonder if Saleh is going to bulk up Nasirildeen and use him as a LB
like Sherwood.  When you're 6-3 its not a big deal to put on 5-10 pounds:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/hamsah-nasirildeen/32004e41-5363-5310-e2a7-39ad93df1412

Analysis: Nasirildeen was a consistent defender for Florida State when healthy, but he comes with limitations at the next level. He’s a traditional run-defending strong safety who may be able to add 10 pounds to his frame and move to linebacker.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/hamsah-nasirildeen-nfl-draft-player-profile-florida-state-safety/

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Well, they will be on the field a lot! :D 

All the defense has to be is average , and they are a playoff team.  That’s how good their offense will be this year.   Let’s see defense will look something like this Lde Matt Crosby/ Solomon Thomas Ldt Jonathan Hankins Rdt Q Jefferson/ D Irving  Rde C Ferrell Slb Yannick Ngakoue / Malcolm Koonce mlb N Kwiatkoski and Wlb Corey Littleton / Devine Deablo 

T Moehrig - Fs deep single high  safety and Ss J Abram- will play five yards to the line of scrimmage.   Cb T Mullen Cb I Johnson 6’2 215 4.4 ( think he was made for this cover three. / R Douglas 6’2 209  D Arnette will be the nickel Cb / Will have to beat out Casey Hayward for that nickel cb job. 

• Haha 1

The one big thing that double or even triple dipping at one position late in the draft, it really increases the chances of one of those players turning into something more than a special teams guy.  (Example Kerry Rhodes andre maddox, one guy turned into a really good player one did not)

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Joking aside – I like that JD leans into strengths of drafts

last year stud LT’s so he takes the third one in Becton who in another year could be the top ranked guy.  Did the same with Mims in a strong receiver class

this year Zach was consensus 2nd qb among GM’s, any other year without Trevor Lawrence he probably goes first overall. Again it’s a strong WR class and he gets a first round grade guy in Moore who goes first round most years

obviously he thinks this is a deep DB draft in all these fliers- trying to find the next Richard Sherman. I wish we’d taken that FB but if any of these guys contributes on defense it’s a bonus- worst case special teams is getting vastly improved

• Upvote 1