The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

It's almost like the modern NFL is a passing league or something, and coverage skills are now as important in a LB as run-stopping skills.

Naaaaaa, that couldn't be it.......

I just hope that in about 10 years once every defense has these little dudes running around we're the first to go back to power football and run over the league.  

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Two picks left.

I'm going Michael Menet, OC, Penn State and - for old time's sake - Simi Fehoko, WR, Stanford.

Give me Shaka Toney and Larnel Coleman and I’ll get greedy and request Jimmy Morrissey in FA.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

YES!!!!!!  We have our WILL!

Hamsah Nasirildeen is a strong safety who is 6' 3" 215 lbs and carries a 3d-round grade.  This versatile player can line up deep or in the box and is a candidate to be our starting WILL.  Ourlads said he is a sound "fundamental tackler" and is a "solid zone defender".   He has the ideal prototype with can't teach skills like his 34.5" arms and 10" hands.   He is a good candidate to wear the Green since he is a great fit and can fill several roles.  This is true whether we are in the 4-3-4 or the 4-2-5 or 4-1-6.    He is experienced on the coverage units.  I would be surprised if the Jets took him in the 3d since we have other pressing needs, but starting with pick 108 in the fourth watch for his name.  To my knowledge, he has not been linked to the Jets in pre-draft interviews.

My fsu friend said he was a lock first rounder until he tore is acl 2 years ago 

who knows

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

My fsu friend said he was a lock first rounder until he tore is acl 2 years ago 

who knows

My buddy said same thing.  Said he was by far beat player on the defense before the acl Injury. Said there is a ton of upside with that pick. 

• Upvote 1