The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

Carter, Pinnock and Echols?

Maybe we aren’t signing a veteran CB.

Throw a bunch of young, athletic dudes out there and see who rises to the top.

I really could see Sherman here one year just to teach/pass the torch to these young guys. I can def see Sherman, Sherwood and Hamseh getting the team all jacked up. 

Corner Brandin Echols is 5' 10" 185 and runs a 4.45 40.  He carries a 5th round grade.  He played in a heavy zone scheme at Kentucky and has experience in quarters, cover two and cover three.  He is a disruptive press corner with outstanding lateral movement in zone coverage.  Ourlads said "he has safety characteristics" and is "solid in run support".  He has skills as a returner.  

While he is small for a Saleh corner, he is a good tackler and has a lot of experience in zone schemes. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

Taking a ton of guys in the secondary actually isn't a bad strategy if one pans out it's a win.  Davis was a bust pick tho.

We desperately needed help at DB but JD wisely prioritized Offense early with the premium picks and decided to then go with quantity at DB late on the hopes that 1 or 2 of these guys pan out. Also noting that many of these guys can be moved around on the field between CB/Slot/Safety/Lber depending on how Saleh decides is best to use their talents. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

PFF: https://www.pff.com/draft/tracker

Brandin Echols

CB / Kentucky.

Pick Grade:Below Average

Echols is a small corner who might line up in a few different positions at the pro level. He has good awareness and sees routes develop well in zone but has almost no man coverage reps on tape. That could fit Robert Saleh’s system, and there might be a use for him at slot cornerback

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I like Nasirildeen and I think Sherwood could be useful. Really not a fan of the rest of these defensive picks. Seem a waste, especially with so many other holes. 

I actually love those 2

no idea what’s going on with all these little corners 

but I trust jd