The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We desperately needed help at DB but JD wisely prioritized Offense early with the premium picks and decided to then go with quantity at DB late on the hopes that 1 or 2 of these guys pan out. Also noting that many of these guys can be moved around on the field between CB/Slot/Safety/Lber depending on how Saleh decides is best to use their talents. 

Yes I'm very happy about the areas prioritized in this draft....and where the ywere prioritized. 

24 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

The thing is, the defensive scheme may present opportunities that some schemes don't as far as picking up some talent late. A lot of teams shy away from tweeners because they don't see a role for them.

Also, a lot of coaches pretend to be smarter than what they really are. They just don't have the inteligance or creativity to make use of such players. They like good players who are all ready established were they don't have to coach and teach because it makes them look smart.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I like Nasirildeen and I think Sherwood could be useful. Really not a fan of the rest of these defensive picks. Seem a waste, especially with so many other holes. 

The most important holes on this team now are in coverage. Finding 1 or 2 guys that can help fix pass coverage is far more valuable than our other needs. JD knows the bust rate of guys taken this late so just taking 1 or 2 DBs would have likely lead to 0 starters. If you take 4/5 you increase the chance of finding that 1 diamond in the rough. 

Look around at the offensive talent in this division. I want all the DBs I can get my hands on. No issue with joe Leaning into the strength of the draft. Hamseh and Sherwood are gonna step in and help immediately. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Not addressing OL today, does that say they are optimistic about Clark?

That thought has crossed my mind. I know Clark made progress. And he has some chemistry with some guys on the OL, like Becton. Could he be penciled in as starting RG? 

As of now, that is the only question mark on the OL, at least short term. At some point, the future at RT will need to be addressed, and C after that. But that's long term.

Is anyone else sensing a "theme" with these picks in rounds 5 and 6? Lots of athletically talented CBs/S's (some that will possibly change to LB)? Robert Saleh and company will have their  chance to coach up some players with talent and see if we can find a couple gems that work out as long time starters and definitely contributors on special teams right away. Nice job by Joe D.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GanggreenMountaineer said:

Is anyone else sensing a "theme" with these picks in rounds 5 and 6? Lots of athletically talented CBs/S's (some that will possibly change to LB)? Robert Saleh and company will have their  chance to coach up some players with talent and see if we can find a couple gems that work out as long time starters and definitely contributors on special teams right away. Nice job by Joe D.

They be crying. lol

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Not addressing OL today, does that say they are optimistic about Clark?

That may be part of it, I think the bigger factor is completely ignoring the defense at the top of 2 straight drafts means you have to double/triple/quadruple down on defense late in the draft (unless a player they really loves falls into their lap).