The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

Just awesome they were able to spend the early draft capital on offense and then hopefully fill out a good chunk of that back seven portion of the defense with later draft picks. I think this is what having a good defensive coach abound be all about draft wise.

And with four early picks in the first two rounds next year, opportunity to go get an edge rusher.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, derp said:

Totally agree with a lot of this especially most of that last point. I think Fatukasi and Shepherd are the two most at risk. Maybe Franklin-Myers can find a home as a bigger end which SF used some and at least he’s explosive which fits too.

Fatukasi is fine. He keeps improving. I’d say Shepherd & Phillips are on the bubble. JF-M pass rush #s were very good. Going to a 4-3 they’ll need 8-9 DL. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Plus he was fighting an ankle injury all year - not saying he's Barry Sanders, but gimme a break!

OJ was terrible in his first year TERRIBLE. You just don't throw away 3rd round picks in a year unless they were drafted by Mac.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

get this video off your sig. 

Too much Truth for you?  So exploiting women is much better I see on some peoples sig?   Here's more Truths for you the NFL draft is not a player selection it's a PRODUCT selection draft now.   How many GM's say " We are trying to put the best PRODUCT on the field",  Shame to think of people as products.   Have a good day

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, MS jets Fan said:

Too much Truth for you?  So exploiting women is much better I see on some peoples sig?   Here's more Truths for you the NFL draft is not a player selection it's a PRODUCT selection draft now.   How many GM's say " We are trying to put the best PRODUCT on the field",  Shame to think of people as products.   Have a good day

Oh brother with the sig.  This is not a politics forum.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Fatukasi is fine. He keeps improving. I’d say Shepherd & Phillips are on the bubble. JF-M pass rush #s were very good. Going to a 4-3 they’ll need 8-9 DL. 

Fatukasi’s a really good player but they clearly are looking for attacking DL and he’s not as good of a fit. But because he’s really good I could see him having value to another team now, rather than making him square peg round hole for a year. Which he’d be fine at but I don’t think he’ll excel and he’s only signed this year. Not talking about cutting him, but trading. Kind of like when the Jets acquired Henry Anderson because he didn’t fit with the Colts any more.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

Did Perine get a chance to play last year? Was a 3rd round pick. JD is not going to just cut him.  He'll get a chance to play this year now that Gore is playing in Australia.

I saw a tweet earlier suggesting the new coaching staff has behind the scenes admitted Perine isn't a scheme fit.

47 minutes ago, MS jets Fan said:

lol take that pseudo freedom fighter bullsh*t to some rally where you can all compare your bald eagle tattoos while pretending like we don't have it better than 90% of humans on planet earth. 

I'm serious take that trash off my site. The next time i see it, you're reported. The place for that crap isn't here. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Round 1 • Pick 2 (2) • QB Zach Wilson 
Round 1 • Pick 14 (14) • OL Alijah Vera-Tucker
Round 2 • Pick 2 (34) • WR Elijah Moore
Round 4 • Pick 2 (107) • RB Michael Carter
Round 5 • Pick 2 (146) • LB Jamien Sherwood
Round 5 • Pick 10 (154) • CB Michael Carter II
Round 5 • Pick 31 (175) • CB Jason Pinnock
Round 6 • Pick 2 (186) • LB Hamsah Nasirildeen
Round 6 • Pick 16 (200) • CB Brandin Echols
Round 6 • Pick 23 (207) • DT Jonathan Marshall

-Love Wilson, Vera-Tucker, Moore. 3 first round talents.
-Like Carter, him and Coleman should be a good combo for us.
-Sherwood, Pinnock, Nasirildeen seem like great scheme fits.
-Marshall could be a steal, good pick to end the draft.
-Carter II and Echols I just don't get it... seem like overdrafts.

I wish we could of gotten back into the 3rd round, plenty of day 1 starters on the board at that point.
  • Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol take that pseudo freedom fighter bullsh*t to some rally where you can all compare your bald eagle tattoos while pretending like we don't have it better than 90% of humans on planet earth. 

I'm serious take that trash off my site. The next time i see it, you're reported. The place for that crap isn't here. 

WTF are you talking about? 

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

After three days, I want to give props to Rich Eisen, Charles Davis, and Daniel Jeremiah. They were incredible. 

They did a poor job today as it concerns the Jets. They cut to something else almost every time the Jets picked after Carter. But that is probably the programing heads.

54 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Keep you Canadian politics to yourself. If you don't like his sig don't watch it. See how easy that is.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2