The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

2 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Keep it going Joe

keep giving me O

It’s ok to draft BOTH offense and defense.  Corner is still a big need.  Also if Cox is somehow there at our second 4th we gotta take him . I love our draft so far but I think we should get some defense now 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

love the pick.  the guy averaged 8 yards per carry and led the nation in runs over 20 yards.  he can also split out wide and return kicks.

it's like JD knew who he was picking when they decided on leon washington announcing the pick

weaponzzzz!!!

• Post of the Week 1

Strange observation, curious if anyone else has noticed just how many times the people announcing picks have messed up or stuttered through the year. 

A vast amount of attempted to say "in the two thousand and twenty one" but stopped halfway through to change it to "twenty twenty one" or vice versa. 

It's happened well over a dozen times. 

2 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

One year and Perrine is a failure???

He was a failure before he ever played. Was saying as much this time last year. Atrocious pick. 

Not even a JAG. By NFL standards he's talentless. Worst pick since Hackenberg, never stood a chance and it should have been a WR in last years stacked class. Obviously the Jets have since realised this. 

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Perine isn't even making the roster lmao

You think the GM that took Perrine in the 4th round last year, during a covid season to play for a HC that he fired largely for being totally inept on offense, is going to cut said player in his 2nd season playing in an offense that fits his skill set, extremely well....after drafting a QB, developing a new OL and WR group?    lmfao  - I'm legitimately worried about you.

While I'm meh on Carter, it was more about the fact that I didnt like RB there as there are much bigger holes and needs to fill then RB.  It's not even so much about Carter, plug in a different RB, I still think it was the wrong position group to target with that pick and I dont think he's significantly better then the next 4-5 RB's on the board.

Maybe you need a nap?

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Corner is still a big need.

Not if we sign Sherman. 

He addresses that need for two years or so more than adequately, and can teach Saleh's system to the other DB's.

We'd still need CB depth and for the long future, but he's the short term answer for Saleh and Douglas, I'm convinced.

• Upvote 1