Jump to content

Why Elijah Moore is Different!


Charlie Brown
 Share

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Well there you go.  He's better than AJ.  

 

Mims = Toon

Moore = Steve Smith 

Davis is just coming into his own and is ready to break out.  We'll see how teams defend this trio.  

Toon is God.  There is only 1. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes. And Moore had more catches than those two jokes in college combined. Please. 

Actually, FWIW, Devin Smith had way more yards and TDs in college.  He averaged over 20 yards per catch.  He did the same in two of his three seasons in the NFL.

If he wasn't  Mr. Glass he might have been a really good NFL receiver.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Everything about that video was real.

I like the pick but this video will be worthless if he puts up 300 yards and 2 TDs this season. 

I dont believe that will happen but I'm not going to pretend this guy is better than AJ Brown until it actually happens. 

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So question...

Are there legitimate ways to put two slots on the field at the same time?  Or would Moore have to play outside to share the field with Crowder?

I legitimately think Moore is so fast, slippery and technically sound in his footwork, that he can play the Z at 5’10. Leave Crowder in the slot. You’d be subbing out Mims though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I legitimately think Moore is so fast, slippery and technically sound in his footwork, that he can play the Z at 5’10. Leave Crowder in the slot. You’d be subbing out Mims though.

Well if you run a rotation of Mims, Davis, Crowder and Moore, you're going to have fresh speed on the field every down.  If one of those guys really stands out as a 'must play every down' guy, that's great.  The way injuries piled up on us last year, that depth and flexibility is pretty much a must-have.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So question...

Are there legitimate ways to put two slots on the field at the same time?  Or would Moore have to play outside to share the field with Crowder?

Crowder will be out of here.  The drafting of Moore probably guarantees they won't pay Crowder a dime. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Crowder will be out of here.  The drafting of Moore probably guarantees they won't pay Crowder a dime. 

Why though? We have the money. One injury to a Mims-Davis-Moore group and we are in trouble. Can’t we have legitimate depth for once? Also, a crafty veteran slot receiver will be a rookie quarterback’s best friend.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Maybe.  But let's revisit the lineup we started in the Colts game last year as an example.

image.png

Can we perhaps endure a season with a little too much at the WR position so we don't risk doing this EVER again?

Quite a turnaround for the receiver group in just one year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Why though? We have the money. One injury to a Mims-Davis-Moore group and we are in trouble. Can’t we have legitimate depth for once? Also, a crafty veteran slot receiver will be a rookie quarterback’s best friend.

yeah... I guess.  Great.  A pair of good inside WRs. Woohoo.   As for the rest...    Mims will still get  blanketed.  It is very hard for me to have any faith at all in Corey Davis after watching his Tennessee poor play, but maybe Davis can turn it around.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Well, I would have been excited if we picked a player where we actually have a need like DB or RB, even Jenkins who was projected to be a first round OL. 

Bad teams should be picking BPA not reaching for needs, and if it's true that they wanted Moore at 23 if they hadn't traded up, that shows have much they value him. Plus it's not as if this team can't use another weapon to help out Wilson. I wanted Jenkins as well but not complaining about this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Why though? We have the money. One injury to a Mims-Davis-Moore group and we are in trouble. Can’t we have legitimate depth for once? Also, a crafty veteran slot receiver will be a rookie quarterback’s best friend.

I’m not against keeping Crowder, I just don’t see it happening.

In addition to Moore, we also brought in Keelan Cole who can play both inside and outside.

If the Jets get rid of Crowder and a guy like Alex Lewis, that frees up over $15 million.

And I fully expect the Jets to make a run at Richard Sherman/Steven Nelson in the next few days and possibly re-sign Poole. I think people are kidding themselves if they think we’re going into the season with Bryce Hall, Bless Austin and Javelin Guidry as our Top 3 CB’s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Maybe.  But let's revisit the lineup we started in the Colts game last year as an example.

image.png

Can we perhaps endure a season with a little too much at the WR position so we don't risk doing this EVER again?

Woah, that looks like a 2-14 team... 🤢🤮🤮🤮

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

Bad teams should be picking BPA not reaching for needs, and if it's true that they wanted Moore at 23 if they hadn't traded up, that shows have much they value him. Plus it's not as if this team can't use another weapon to help out Wilson. I wanted Jenkins as well but not complaining about this

We were good enough at WR before this pick. This was a luxury imo. We need RB help way more and I haven't  mentioned this but I think JD passed on Williams  because he picked Perrine last season and wants  to stick with him as the young guy at the position

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Well if you run a rotation of Mims, Davis, Crowder and Moore, you're going to have fresh speed on the field every down.  If one of those guys really stands out as a 'must play every down' guy, that's great.  The way injuries piled up on us last year, that depth and flexibility is pretty much a must-have.

Of course.

People are acting like we have this incredible depth and he's going to have to ride the bench.

Injuries WILL happen. five wide sets etc.  We have, what he hope to be, is a creative OC that will find ways to leverage all this talent.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...