I think that Elijah Moore compares to Wayne Chrebet, perhaps only much better!

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

It wouldn't be the NFL if someone, somewhere didn't declare a guy an all-time great 5 minutes after he was drafted. 

He's a good pick.  Isn't that enough for now?

Lets let the kid actually get a locker in an NFL Locker room BEFORE we start declaring him better than the most beloved WR in Franchise History, maybe? :-k

Who compared him to Wesley Walker?? ;-)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yes.  I don't understand the premise of this thread at all.  Other than height, Chrebet and Moore have nothing in common that I can see.  

This entire board is trying so hard to justify the selection of Moore.  Some good points out there... but I'd take a trade down there to get another 3rd any day.  Oh well.  What could have been.  

I hope we'll enjoy our shiny new slot WR.  I guess we don't need the 27 year old Jamison Crowder any more.  Its not like he was old or a bad slot or overly expensive.  In fact he is a really good slot and we have the money to pay him.  Jd's infatuation with Moore is understandable but his willingness to leave greater needs untouched there bothers me to no end.

Wait, we cut Crowder??

A lot of people forget too that Chrebet could play in the slot AND on the outside WR position too....he wasn't just a slot receiver.

In the late 90s he and Keyshawn were on the outside with Dedric Ward in the slot as a deep threat. The slots role was different back then.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Alka said:

Wayne Chrebet had no fear about catching the balls over the middle, in traffic.  He caught everything in his sight.  He was 5'10" tall. and had a big heart.

He is also considered one of the best wide receivers the Jets ever had.

Elijah Moore has no fear about catching balls over the middle, he has a history of having great hands, and he is just under 5'10" tall.  He also seems to have a big heart.

The only difference I see right now, is that Moore is much faster, and is a "home run threat".

If Elijah Moore turns out to be anything like Wayne Chrebet, then I'm sold, hook, line and sinker!!!

Umm no... Moore is closer comparison to Steve Smith

4 hours ago, Alka said:

Wayne Chrebet had no fear about catching the balls over the middle, in traffic.  He caught everything in his sight.  He was 5'10" tall. and had a big heart.

He is also considered one of the best wide receivers the Jets ever had.

Elijah Moore has no fear about catching balls over the middle, he has a history of having great hands, and he is just under 5'10" tall.  He also seems to have a big heart.

The only difference I see right now, is that Moore is much faster, and is a "home run threat".

If Elijah Moore turns out to be anything like Wayne Chrebet, then I'm sold, hook, line and sinker!!!

STOP 

Until this player actually steps on the field and does what Wayne Chrebet did we shouldn't compare the two. 

Many have been compared Devin Smith,Chad Hansen none ever were. 

I too hope Moore is.