Douglas getting a lot of praise

I love that JD and Saleh got their "pound the table" guys.  They had AVT and Elijah very high and aggressively got them. 

JD learned.  

No more passive "trade back and see who no one else wants" BS like last year that got us the last WR standing and an over-rated safety 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

JD has an opportunity today to show that he can use the middle round picks well. While I like what he’s done for the most part over the past two years, last year‘s 3rd and 4th round picks have been a big let down thus far. Need to find some contributors today.

Go Jets!

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

It's not even hyperbole: Vera Tucker and Moore are two above average NFL starters as rookies.

This is an incredible feeling:

• Drafting offense.
  • Saying you were going to support the young quarterback... and then following through
  • Corey Davis, Denzel Mims, Elijah Moore Jamison Crowder, Keelan Cole, Braxton Berrios ====> Your receiving corps
  • The left side of your offensive line

Now go and get me Michael Carter  Ken Gainwell at the top of the fourth so I can add another bullet point. 

^fixed  :)

36 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

It's not even hyperbole: Vera Tucker and Moore are two above average NFL starters as rookies.

This is an incredible feeling:

• Drafting offense.
  • Saying you were going to support the young quarterback... and then following through
  • Corey Davis, Denzel Mims, Elijah Moore Jamison Crowder, Keelan Cole, Braxton Berrios ====> Your receiving corps
  • The left side of your offensive line

Now go and get me Michael Carter at the top of the fourth so I can add another bullet point. 

Either Michael Carter or Kenny Gainswell. Fine with either.

Also like Jabril Cox! (Though he’s a bit light..)

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I love that JD and Saleh got their "pound the table" guys.  They had AVT and Elijah very high and aggressively got them. 

JD learned.  

No more passive "trade back and see who no one else wants" BS like last year that got us the last WR standing and an over-rated safety 

This was what I was thinking when he stayed at #34 and took Moore, that maybe last year -even though a lot of us, including me, wanted Mims- maybe he wound up missing his guy and Mims was his consolation prize. And he wasn't going to do that again. 

We'll see what he does here with the second pick in the fourth. Does he stick and pick again, waiting until his glorified fifth rounder ( @RutgersJetFan ) at the end of the fourth to pick again? It's another prime trading pick. I'm sure there were phone calls made last night. Trading down would be in line with what he did last year, but I think the combination of one draft under his belt and the pandemic effecting the scouting process that he's likely to just grab another rookie contributor/possible starter here.

• Upvote 2

Amazing how hard it is to get to terrible as a NFL franchise.  You have to literally botch draft after draft.  Even average to below average results in the draft and your team is usually OK.  We have been so bad for so long it’s astounding.  I feel confident in saying we have a guy that at worst is average to above average, and is trending up.  I truly think our days of total dog crap are over. Now - let’s hit on some, hit in our coach and we could be in for a nice ride.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

The keys to Douglas draft and what has sold me on him are two thing....he understood the needs of the team were offense and surround his young QB with premier talent......and he used his extra draft capital to go after the players he loved not trade down and horde lesser picks.    Ironically the JD cult was kinda advocating for the opposite. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, dcJet said:

JD learned.  

Mims had a decent rookie season all things considered and Ashtyn Davis can still get better. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I think that one guy said it best when he compared us to Cleveland. Look at Cleveland now. You knew a couple of years ago they were headed in the right direction. It felt different. Now they have one of the better rosters in the NFL and continue to draft well.

We have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds next year!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Mims had a decent rookie season all things considered and Ashtyn Davis can still get better. 

The way defense has been ignored this weekend, I'm certainly hoping that Davis and Zuniga step up and contribute this year. Both players really should be very good fits for Saleh's defense. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I am loving what JD has done so far.  You can finally see an actual plan being executed, something this team hasn't done in a very long time. He can really make this a memorable draft if he nails a few of the picks today.  Let's goooooooooooooo!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bingo.

We were expecting 8 wins before the draft.  The praise we are getting gets us to, what, 10 wins?  11?

SAR I

Expecting 6 to 7 wins regardless. Rookies all around will make mistakes. I’ve noticed you are raising the bar too high as a set up for the (enjoyable) trolling during the season. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slats said:

The way defense has been ignored this weekend, I'm certainly hoping that Davis and Zuniga step up and contribute this year. Both players really should be very good fits for Saleh's defense. 

The DL is set, we have some good LB's and if Mosley comes back strong they could be really good. We also have 2 possible pro bowl safties .... The only question is CB and I think Saleh may be able to get more out of them then the last idiots we had coaching the defense especially if the front 4 (which are very good) apply pressure which will shorten the coverage window. If we land Cox this defense at some stage this year will be special. It takes time for the new scheme to take hold and as they learn they will start to play faster and faster. I'm looking for this defense to really start getting going mid year kind of like the Buc's did last year . 

This team with what JD did in FA and what he's continuing to do in the draft is really shaping up nicely. Holes have been filled now all we need is for players to perform. Obviously if our new young QB can play good out of the gate this team can be in contention for a wild card. We've seen many teams turn it around quickly when handled properly and I see no reason after what Douglas pulled off via FA and the draft we can't be one of them. 

We have a good mix of Vets and a lot of young talented players which will balance the locker room which is important.

This is a very exciting time to be a Jet fan and I can feel this organization might be finally turning things around .

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bingo.

We were expecting 8 wins before the draft.  The praise we are getting gets us to, what, 10 wins?  11?

SAR I

8 wins is the floor.

As bad a last year's team was, they flat out blew 2-3 games and should've won at least 4-5.

New coaches should be able to add 2-3 wins without upgrading the roster.   

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2