Douglas getting a lot of praise

32 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Either Michael Carter or Kenny Gainswell. Fine with either.

Also like Jabril Cox! (Though he’s a bit light..)

Little surprised Cox is still there. When your best linebacker in coverage is Blake Cashman, you better start looking elsewhere.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not even hyperbole: Vera Tucker and Moore are two above average NFL starters as rookies. This is an incredible feeling: Drafting offense. Saying you were going to support the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dcJet said:

No more passive "trade back and see who no one else wants" BS like last year that got us the last WR standing and an over-rated safety 

If you want to prove how great your scouting is, you generally draft where you are slotted and pick the player you think is the best.  The trading down last year does appear to have backfired.  

We should keep our 4,5 and 6 round picks this year and draft great athletes at LB, CB, S and RB. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Kudos to JD for his addressing the offense in a big way.  Extra special kudos for Saleh demonstrating in being a legit HC NYJ.  For him and his staff in their collaboration with JD-FO.  ZW-AVT-E. Moore additions is turning Jets offense into a mainstream NFL caliber one.  

Day 3 Jets have six picks to add even more talent to the O.  And should have some to also throw some bones to Saleh's D too!

Al gas...no gase...what a difference it makes!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, slats said:

The way defense has been ignored this weekend, I'm certainly hoping that Davis and Zuniga step up and contribute this year. Both players really should be very good fits for Saleh's defense. 

We had to make up for the ignoring of offense for the last 25 years.

• Haha 2

Putting on a clinic on how to approach a draft when you invest in a young QB.

Wilson is in a position to play well. There wont be the same excuses that people still make for Darnold. In a season or two he should be a great situation. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

It's not even hyperbole: Vera Tucker and Moore are two above average NFL starters as rookies.

This is an incredible feeling:

• Drafting offense.
  • Saying you were going to support the young quarterback... and then following through
  • Corey Davis, Denzel Mims, Elijah Moore Jamison Crowder, Keelan Cole, Braxton Berrios ====> Your receiving corps
  • The left side of your offensive line

Now go and get me Michael Carter at the top of the fourth so I can add another bullet point. 

Boom.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe D!!!!!!!!  Now get a tight end!!!!!!!

I believe that Herndon is the guy. I think he's gonna have a great season with this new staff.

• Upvote 1
It's not even hyperbole: Vera Tucker and Moore are two above average NFL starters as rookies.
  • Drafting offense.
  • Saying you were going to support the young quarterback... and then following through
  • Corey Davis, Denzel Mims, Elijah Moore Jamison Crowder, Keelan Cole, Braxton Berrios ====> Your receiving corps
Now go and get me Michael Carter at the top of the fourth so I can add another bullet point. 

Good call
Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

A retired offensive lineman GM trained under Ozzie Newsome traded players and acquired picks and now is drafting awesome offensive players and kicking the sh*t out of the draft? Don’t pinch me if I am dreaming. 

• Post of the Week 1
4 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

• Drafting offense.

How does it feel to have a Jets GM that actually grabs the players you're hoping for?! 

• Upvote 4

Definitly like that they are supporting the young QB unlike that bonehead Mac, but I can't help feeling they traded away  aQB for pocket lint to draft a similiar type question mark. Darnold + trade back feels like a far superior outcome, and I say this as a long time Darnold doubter

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

8 wins is the floor.

As bad a last year's team was, they flat out blew 2-3 games and should've won at least 4-5.

New coaches should be able to add 2-3 wins without upgrading the roster.   

I'm a serial optimist looking forward, seems like I always am this time of year - but let's be real about the last 3 years. We were the worst team in the league - bar none. The past two seasons we stacked our losses high and early and when we won it was not only meaningless, but even detrimental.  "Should've won" means nothing.  

But again - if things feel different today, it's because we're doing something different. Loving the commitment to offense, feels like the first time.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, sackdance said:

I'm a serial optimist looking forward, seems like I always am this time of year - but let's be real about the last 3 years. We were the worst team in the league - bar none. The past two seasons we stacked our losses high and early and when we won it was not only meaningless, but even detrimental.  "Should've won" means nothing.  

But again - if things feel different today, it's because we're doing something different. Loving the commitment to offense, feels like the first time.

I know a loss is a loss, but the Raider game never should've ended that way.  

They completely blew the Denver and, imo, should have won the first Patriot game.  

This team very easily, and I mean VERY (just 1 absurdly easy decision in each game) wins 4-5 games last year.

Now with the new coaches and massive influx of skill players, why can't we win 8?   

• Upvote 3
28 minutes ago, CTM said:

Definitly like that they are supporting the young QB unlike that bonehead Mac, but I can't help feeling they traded away  aQB for pocket lint to draft a similiar type question mark. Darnold + trade back feels like a far superior outcome, and I say this as a long time Darnold doubter

Welcome aboard!

5 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

• Drafting offense.

Look at that! JD got you 2 Michael Carters!!!

• Haha 2
52 minutes ago, CTM said:

Keeping Darnold was never going to happen, unless we were at the bottom of the first round… I was a Donald supporter, but he sucked, Godspeed over in Carolina…

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Keeping Darnold was never going to happen, unless we were at the bottom of the first round… I was a Donald supporter, but he sucked, Godspeed over in Carolina…

They actually would have kept him if they had the third overall.  Shefter  reported that 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, CTM said:

I don’t see how anything involving a quarterback that had the absolutely most terrible possible and horrendous decision making capabilities could be a superior outcome. If anything the risk was almost negligible in getting rid and drafting plus picking more support around the new guy. 

2 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

I don’t see how anything involving a quarterback that had the absolutely most terrible possible and horrendous decision making capabilities could be a superior outcome. If anything the risk was almost negligible in getting rid and drafting plus picking more support around the new guy. 

I don't see it with zachapono is the issue, like even a little. I think it's going to be JD's fatal mistake. Darnold and him are equiviliant type risks imo, but he former would've come with whatever ransom we got for 1.2  or just stay put and take the Pitts or Chase, 

30 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

We saw enough of Darnold to know he's not going to be good.  His ceiling is average and he has been near the bottom of the league so far.  Get over it guys.

Can we not spoil this by bringing up that scrub Darnold.  My goodness.

We are killing the draft and some of u keep bringing up this loser.

Anyone who mentions that scrub darnold should be banned for a week.

We are celebrating Joe D’s greatness right now!

6 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

It can only get better from the disaster that was the last 2 years.

Having REAL NFL coaches along with a REAL NFL GM who are adding what might be REAL NFL potential top flight talent....when you just look at it from that perspective...it’s like night has finally turned into day.

Having a fraud like Gase and little King of Queens guy was criminal.

I wasn’t a fan of Bowles at all but after what he did in Tampa last year, I have to cut him some slack.  Maybe he was in over his head with it being his first HC gig but he was working with mostly garbage on the roster...because they haven’t had a real GM in such a long time.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Like 1