Douglas getting a lot of praise

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

They actually would have kept him if they had the third overall.  Shefter  reported that 

That’s weird they could’ve had a run at Trey Lance , Mac Jones or my pre draft co favorite Justin Fields, other than Zach…Douglas even said that in his press conference, that our pic was too high to pass on a quarterback that he likes… Or something like that

52 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Can we not spoil this by bringing up that scrub Darnold.  My goodness.

We are killing the draft and some of u keep bringing up this loser.

Anyone who mentions that scrub darnold should be banned for a week.

We are celebrating Joe D’s greatness right now!

I was reacting to someone who was saying we should have kept Darnold and traded down.

4 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Wilson has zero excuses.  

2 top 15 linemen, a very good receiving core, a full RB room, and the scheme he said he's the prefect fit for.  

Saleh told him the truth. They are trying to lift him up. Kid gotta fly now. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CTM said:

Definitly like that they are supporting the young QB unlike that bonehead Mac, but I can't help feeling they traded away  aQB for pocket lint to draft a similiar type question mark. Darnold + trade back feels like a far superior outcome, and I say this as a long time Darnold doubter

Great point but it’s a matter of perspective. I think they just wanted a new guy that they thought was perfect for their system and not try to retro fit a broken QB. You went out bought a brand new electric car instead of trying to find an old carnival bumper car and attached a solar charger to it. Same exact thing. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Having REAL NFL coaches along with a REAL NFL GM who are adding what might be REAL NFL potential top flight talent....when you just look at it from that perspective...it’s like night has finally turned into day.

Having a fraud like Gase and little King of Queens guy was criminal.

I wasn’t a fan of Bowles at all but after what he did in Tampa last year, I have to cut him some slack.  Maybe he was in over his head with it being his first HC gig but he was working with mostly garbage on the roster...because they haven’t had a real GM in such a long time.

Bowles was a clown. He was part of the reason the other idiot Mac drafted 2 safeties with the 1st 2 picks.

1) Jets mean it when they draft for football character. That’s a huge priority for them. It makes sense and builds a high character locker room which bodes well for a guy who should be a strong leader in Saleh. 

2) Thank goodness the Jets are a team that uses analytics. It was very obvious for like a decade plus that the Jets never cared in the past about pressure rates or athletic measureables. Now, everyone they pick for the most part is a superior athlete.

3) Jets created a lot of depth, which breeds competition. The RB room and WR room in particular are deeper than I’ve ever seen them. Vyncint smith and Jeff smith can kick rocks, I never want to EVER see them taking number one option snaps ever again. 

4) The Jets picked good players that should be productive as rookies. Next year they have 4 picks in the top two rounds again and don’t have to burn a pick on qb again. BAP for real. If you look at teams like Buffalo, Cleveland, KC, etc their decisions get easier because they can take luxury picks and don’t have to worry about reaching for glaring needs. 

5) I thought to myself that I would have liked to have come out of this draft with 2 quality OL, a corner, and edge, and a WR. While I would have liked another OL and a legit edge prospect, I’m pretty happy with the takeaways.