The Jets are crushing this draft, and I hate it.

I just wish another developmental OLine prospect was drafted in the 5th or 6th.

Saleh definitely needed guys for the 4-3 scheme, especially since our LBers were non existant to run that alignment. But another center or tackle in the later rounds would have been nice.

3 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

I just wish another developmental OLine prospect was drafted in the 5th or 6th.

Saleh definitely needed guys for the 4-3 scheme, especially since our LBers were non existant to run that alignment. But another center or tackle in the later rounds would have been nice.

I am beginning to *think* that, given his choice, JD wants to let guys expire and have their replacements in house instead of cutting them.

Comp picks.

Which would mean next draft the replacements for Fant and McGovern ideally come in.

Think the opportunities for gradual upgrades are what he wants and mauve move that up a year.

I absolutely did want one of those guys this year too, FWIW. Not sure I agree with the strategy. But hopefully it pays off long-term.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JoshAllenSZN said:

I just wanted to pop in to say that I'm a huge fan of the Jets draft so far this year. 

Vera-Tucker and Moore are studs. You got Jamien Sherwood AND Hamsah Nasirildeen, both of whom I liked as big nickel candidates. And to top it off, you took every Michael Carter that's ever lived.

Great draft for Douglas and co.

**Puts on troll hat**. It's weird to see the Jets making well thought out, competent, logical draft choices and getting great value in each round. I hate it.

You are correct to hate it. Once your HB playing QB reverts back to HB tendencies and Zach is killing it you guys will be our bitch!

• Haha 1

Day three looks so much more encouraging to me. I really wanted Sherwood and was thrilled to get Nasirildeen also. I watched Sherwood in his bowl game and he was the best player on defense that day (at least I believe it was thier bowl game), as far as I was concerned.    

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

2009 the Jets only had 3 picks but they were all Offense..QB,RB,Guard.. And Rex loved it..

Ya we sure didn’t make the most out of those picks either lol.. The rest of Rex’s yrs, I don’t think there was a team who drafted more D in those combined yrs than jets 

4 hours ago, JoshAllenSZN said:

AND Hamsah Nasirildeen, both of whom I liked as big nickel candidates. 

I'm an FSU fan and I celebrated JDs pick right here I absolutely love this kid.

He's going to bring that FSU hard hitting and confidence to the field and develop into a leader within our secondary. 

Our coach must've really liked this kid and convinced JD he's our diamond in the rough. 

Ever since trading away Jamal Adams I've been trying to tell as many Jet fans as possible around here how much I love this kid when healthy he's a freak of nature playing style absolutely loves contact won't Int too many passes but he'll bring to us what Jamal Adams brought; an awesome SS who can line up inside the box. 

1st round talent.