Name a Time...

3 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Mark Sanchez

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Things look promising now, and I really like thee draft results this year.

But imo some are a bit too excited about a GM who failed miserably last season, and a new QB who while very promising, has not faced quality competition.

I'm happy and even a bit excited...  but all 3 (GM, coach, QB) need to show some results before they're even labeled as "good".

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Things look promising now, and I really like thee draft results this year.

But imo some are a bit too excited about a GM who failed miserably last season, and a new QB who while very promising, has not faced quality competition.

I'm happy and even a bit excited...  but all 3 (GM, coach, QB) need to show some results before they're even labeled as "good".

this GM is a god damned GENIUS

Just now, southtown24th said:

See oline and wr corps last season.

Both arguably the worst in the NFL.

Yes it was his first year, but damn... even a tiny bit of improvement would have been nice.  Becton was a plus, but that corps of WRs was just sad.

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

See oline and wr corps last season.

Both arguably the worst in the NFL.

Yes it was his first year, but damn... even a tiny bit of improvement would have been nice.  Becton was a plus, but that corps of WRs was just sad.

Even if it doesn’t workout he still drafted smart. He picked positions and players that made sense. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

You were more optimistic about:

Our GM

AND 

Our HC

AND 

Our Starting QB

At the SAME exact time.

I will wait...

All 3 at one, single time.

I was stoked for:

85 and 86- Kensill, Walton, O'Brien 

99- Tuna, Tuna, and Vinny

03- Bradway, Herm, and Chad (remember the late season run in 02)

08- Tanny, Mangenius, and Farve. 

10- Tanny, Rex, Sanchize 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

You were more optimistic about:

Our GM

AND 

Our HC

AND 

Our Starting QB

At the SAME exact time.

I will wait...

All 3 at one, single time.

Tannenbaum was coming off some fine draft history (Brick, Mangold, Revis, Harris, Keller in the 3 drafts prior) and some very sensible top FA signings (Faneca, Woody etc). Favre was the missing piece until he got hurt late in 2008.

Rex - He was a very highly sought after candidate and his smash mouth football personality was something the media missed with Mangina in here. He was supposed to fix Ghost as well.

Sanchez - He too was the consensus 2nd best QB in the draft and Tannenbaum gave up close to nothing to trade up thy high to select him. 

I was even more excited in 2010 and then in 2011. 

34 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I’m excited about our picks but you don’t become a genius by simply identifying the issue. We all knew the issue. Even before JD got here. That’s not even half the battle. Finding the right guys is the harder part that makes you a genius. Finding good OL with top 15 picks doesn’t make you a genius either. Finding them on day 3 does. So let’s hold our horses until we see them on the practice field at least. 

• Upvote 1

I go back to 1968 with this team, I can’t remember the last time I was this optimistic about this franchise. I haven’t seen a draft this well executed in I don’t know how long. Also I’m very optimistic about Wilson especially due to the support they gave him in the draft this weekend. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Even if it doesn’t workout he still drafted smart. He picked positions and players that made sense. 

Nobody knows if any of these players will pan out but this is what's most encouraging.   What needed to be done was obvious and it wasn't pass rushers and trading down at the top of the draft.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I was stoked for:

85 and 86- Kensill, Walton, O'Brien 

99- Tuna, Tuna, and Vinny

03- Bradway, Herm, and Chad (remember the late season run in 02)

08- Tanny, Mangenius, and Farve. 

10- Tanny, Rex, Sanchize 

1999 yes

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

Nobody knows if any of these players will pan out but this is what's most encouraging.   What needed to be done was obvious and it wasn't pass rushers and trading down at the top of the draft.

super bowl bound