UDFA Signings

12 hours ago, clayton163v said:

"Hamilcar commanded the Carthaginian land forces in Sicily from 247 BC to 241 BC, during the latter stages of the First Punic War. He kept his army intact and led a successful guerrilla war against the Romans in Sicily."

Carthage bit the dust centuries later in the third Punic War.  Hamilcar held up his end.   However, Hannibal was the bomb in the second Punic War.  His annihilation of the Roman Army in the battle of Cannae is still talked about today.  Though in the end, the Romans were too many and too strong. 

So Carthago servanda est, huh. For now. Maybe.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Pretty clear what Saleh/JD are looking for out of the defense.  Athleticism and speed.  Hopefully some of them can play football too.

I have no idea but I would think the basic concept is you can coach a guy up to play football and if they show up athletic and fast it becomes more likely they get to the point they can contribute. Maybe not as a complete player but even for a  specific role certain packages. I’d imagine especially on defense.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Another RAS guy.

98F7066F-2BD8-43EA-8616-71504F52BCC3.png

Whats interesting is most of these CB's we drafted fell bc they are not as good man-man but do well in zone. 

Also of note - We never spend this much money in UDFA. Never. 3-4 UDFA's are going to make this team from the looks of the contracts handed out which is kinda nuts. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Whats interesting is most of these CB's we drafted fell bc they are not as good man-man but do well in zone. 

Also of note - We never spend this much money in UDFA. Never. 3-4 UDFA's are going to make this team from the looks of the contracts handed out which is kinda nuts. 

BUT BUT THE JOHNSON’S ARE CHEAP. Nothing has changed with this organization.

13 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I really don't know anything about Kenny Yeboah..... Any chance they've signed him to try out at FULLBACK?

I don't think he is a fit at FB.  He is a converted WR.  Knock on him is htat he ws not a very good blocker.  As the roster stands now, I think Wesco is our only real FB cnadidate.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

I am not sure, but I think the only UDFA from the Macc years to stick was Kyle Phillips.  Not a bad player.  Last year we got contributions from Guidry, Jackson, Cager, Huff.

On the other hand, these guys got more PT than some of our day 3 picks from 2020.

Youre forgetting Robbie Anderson

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

So, here is where I think we are at as of this AM.  Not a bad group:

1. Hamilcar Rashed Jr. EDGE, Oregon State
  2. Teton Saltes, OL, New Mexico
  3. Kenny Yeboah, TE, Mississippi
  4. Milo Eifler, LB, Illinois
  5. Michael Dwumfor, DL, Rutgers
  6. Tristen Hoge, OL, BYU
  7. Brendon White, S, Rutgers
  8. Isaiah Dunn, CB, Oregon State
  9. Jordyn Peters, S, Auburn
  10. Chris Naggar, K, SMU
  11. Parker Ferguson, OL, Air Force
  12. Grant Hermanns, OL, Purdue

Thanks Lith. I would have loved to have seen Bama's  Dylan Moses on this list but Jax grabbed him. Still surprised that he went undrafted.  He had a 3rd-4th round grade on him. 

16 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

It's nice to see that we were chosen over other organizations, unlike years past. Is the culture changing in Jetland perhaps?

Apart from these excellent UDFA signings, what you said above is the most important take away from all this.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Thanks Lith. I would have loved to have seen Bama's  Dylan Moses on this list but Jax grabbed him. Still surprised that he went undrafted.  He had a 3rd-4th round grade on him. 

The medicals have to be a much bigger concern than any of us realize.   He may have hurt himself by playing this past season.   Didn't he play through a knee injury that required off-season surgery, had he skipped the season and been healthy, he probably would have gone as early as day 2. I may have him confused with someone else, but if its not, the kid may have too much heart for this own good.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Other than the stars there is no nice comfortable thought that 'I made the team last year I am safe.'  (Unless todd bowles is your coach).

Buster Skrine enters the chat...

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, JTJet said:

What is the fascination with this guy? He has 500 yards and 5 TDs... in 4 years of college football. 

This is not accurate.  He scored 5 TDs last year, and another 6 TDs this year.  74 catches for 1000 yards, nearly all coming in the last 2 seasons.  He didn't play much at all his first 2 seasons in college.  I think he can be a great red zone threat.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Injury history. I also think he’s still rehabbing a meniscus 

2 hours ago, Lith said:

The medicals have to be a much bigger concern than any of us realize.   He may have hurt himself by playing this past season.   Didn't he play through a knee injury that required off-season surgery, had he skipped the season and been healthy, he probably would have gone as early as day 2. I may have him confused with someone else, but if its not, the kid may have too much heart for this own good.

I heard him on Sirius. Alabama Drs misdiagnosed his knee. They said it was a bone bruise. Turned out to be a torn meniscus 

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Lith said:

So, here is where I think we are at as of this AM.  Not a bad group:

1. Hamilcar Rashed Jr. EDGE, Oregon State
  2. Teton Saltes, OL, New Mexico
  3. Kenny Yeboah, TE, Mississippi
  4. Milo Eifler, LB, Illinois
  5. Michael Dwumfor, DL, Rutgers
  6. Tristen Hoge, OL, BYU
  7. Brendon White, S, Rutgers
  8. Isaiah Dunn, CB, Oregon State
  9. Jordyn Peters, S, Auburn
  10. Chris Naggar, K, SMU
  11. Parker Ferguson, OL, Air Force
  12. Grant Hermanns, OL, Purdue

See the source image

2 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

This is not accurate.  He scored 5 TDs last year, and another 6 TDs this year.  74 catches for 1000 yards, nearly all coming in the last 2 seasons.  He didn't play much at all his first 2 seasons in college.  I think he can be a great red zone threat.

This was already clarified. 

16 hours ago, David Harris said:

A7E581A9-54BE-4019-BAB7-EE437CB93ABE.png

A corner with good speed and athletic traits.  You don't sign a UDFA to a big contract like that...unless you see good potential.  And you're eager to coach him up.  I'd be surprised if Dunn isn't on the 2021 roster...rather then the practice squad. 

One common thing I've noticed with all the Jets drafted and UDFA corners is all seem struggle with the back to the ball/LOS.  This may be something that matters far less for CBs in Saleh's D.  Hopefully they can find one diamond in the rough who was not valued because his man skills were subpar.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Kenny Yeboah went un drafted for a reason. I kinda get the alure because of his size and YAC ability, but he has the dropsies and is a liability blocking.

Shhhhh. Let people enjoy the little things.