Jets made worst trade of draft?

I don’t get it. This is the first draft ever we took 4 guys I wanted with the first 4 picks and I’m supposed to be unhappy because some media idiot who looked at a draft chart said so?

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah when Mt. Becton and AVT push people into the end zone for a key rushing TD we’ll all remember the trade value chart 😂

If he starts next to Becton for the next decade, and together they protect Wilson's blind side and open running lanes, then I couldn't care less what some analytics nerd thinks of the pick.

I blame Jimmy Johnson and his draft chart.  Everyone immediately grades these trades based on some subjective assignments of poitns to each pick.  But if the player you move up for, AVT in this case,

I thought the loss of the 3rd round picks was tough because we were losing out on guys like Jabril Cox and Kendrick Green, but in retrospect the Jets did not even want their pick at the end of the 4th round.  They wants lots of picks in 5-6.  

I think history will show the 3rd round this year to not be great, and AVT to be another guard in the DeCastro/Thuney mold. For five years under contract.  

39 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

I hear you. I'm very skeptic and critical of the Jets but it's tough love coming from people like you and I. I'm talking about the unusual hate from outsiders like people on national televised sports talk shows who are suppose to be neutral. But that would make it that much sweeter if they did finally win another Super Bowl.

Pundits are a trailing indicator. The Patriot ball washing only started when they started winning rings. If your reputation/job depends on your being right more often then being wrong calling the Jets to stink is playing with house money. Likewise, the talking heads will switch licky split if Jets start winning.

Jets control the narrative by their play on the field.

i really like the player AVT , but we didnt have to have the BEST guard in the draft.

you guys would have LOVED any OL at 23. plus the WR we adding at 34 you guys would have been just as excited.

the thing is yes the 2 3rd rd picks we gave up. there were alot of good players there.

3 TEs went. i dont know much but i hear Tremble was a really good blocking TE. could have been really nice in our run game.

WR Amari Rodgers went there too. you guys would have wet your pants if we got a 2nd WR. plus i think he will be a steal. 

and LB Jabril Cox went in the 4th a few picks behind Carter. now do it however you want. take carter with the 2nd 3rd rd pick and Cox with our 4th or take Cox with the 3rd rd pick. 

we missed out on 2 players who would have contributed alot to this team.

im sure you guys have a list of who you would have taken in the 3rd rd. it doesnt have to be my picks. whatever floats your boat.

if you really wanted a Guard i would have been fine if we drafted Wyatt in the 3rd. 

and who says we dont need a Tackle? is are RT some ALL pro or something? 

im not going to be like some guys on this board and harp on this for years.....and tell you how good these players are that we could have had if we didnt do this trade. but since this thread is about the trade im saying my peace.

i really like AVT. i cant wait to see him and Becton give us an ALL-PRO left side of our line. i just think that i would have liked whatever OL we drafted at 23, and the 3rd rd picks would have been starters in year 2 the latest which would have made are team better than with the trade.

7 hours ago, jgb said:

If the Jets don’t like be “hated” they should do something about being so worthy of hate. I also judge every move with skepticism until I see some sort of results. That’s where I am with this team and I’m a lifelong fan.

The Jets are not hated.  They are laughed and made fun of by the media and by fans of other teams.  Jets are alwys good for a few laughs.  But it is a narrative we have earned over the past decade. 

To change the narrative, the team has to win.  Lets win some games and give other teams and fanbases reason to hate us.  And it does seem like we are getting a bit more respect from the media sicne the Saleh hire.

• Post of the Week 1

Even the most responsible critics of the trade up aren't taking the following into account---(1) the zone-blocking superb scheme fit and (2) with Becton, Vera Tucker gives the Jets the first thing that opposing DCs have to scheme against sent Brandon M. in 2015.

Regarding (2), With Pitts not realistically available, the threat now presented by our left-side running game is the absolutely best and SUREST thing that we could do to help ZW.  Worth paying a price to nail that down.

12 minutes ago, Alworth said:

Even the most responsible critics of the trade up aren't taking the following into account---(1) the zone-blocking superb scheme fit and (2) with Becton, Vera Tucker gives the Jets the first thing that opposing DCs have to scheme against sent Brandon M. in 2015.

Regarding (2), With Pitts not realistically available, the threat now presented by our left-side running game is the absolutely best and SUREST thing that we could do to help ZW.  Worth paying a price to nail that down.

What some fans and TV critics don't get is JD and Saleh are putting together their vision of how to build the team..Just because they don't do what some others wanted doesn't make them wrong..

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Jamax99 said:

Raiders scewed up , they took a 2nd round player instead of Darrisaw ,  if that happened , Vikes miss out of Tucker and Darrisaw for sure.   But i still think Tucker will be a pro bowl guard.   He can also play LT if Becton goes down. 

He can play RT too...AVT gives a lot of flexibility along our OL

8 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I can never understand why GM’s of the teams that I follow never value players exactly the same way that I do. I also cannot comprehend that their vision for the team does not exactly align with mine.

This has happened EVERY year that I have followed this incredibly stupid franchise of the Jets. When will they get someone that gets it right, based on my particular vision?

Thanks Evan roberts

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The problem is they did not trade to get marshall.  He just happened to be there for that pick.  The trade made no sense at all value wise, seemed like a big favor to the Chiefs.  No big deal in the big scheme of things it was just weird.

Or possibly trading down from #226 to #207 ensured JD that he would get one of his players in the last groupings. 226 might have been a perceived risk of missing out. 

10 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

Or possibly trading down from #226 to #207 ensured JD that he would get one of his players in the last groupings. 226 might have been a perceived risk of missing out. 

Simply not enough of a pay off moving down 16 spots in one round to move up 19 in the next and have the same net # of picks.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Pundits are a trailing indicator. The Patriot ball washing only started when they started winning rings. If your reputation/job depends on your being right more often then being wrong calling the Jets to stink is playing with house money. Likewise, the talking heads will switch licky split if Jets start winning.

Jets control the narrative by their play on the field.

Yes, but even when the Jets were legitimate, in consecutive AFC title games, it was still LOLJets. 

• Confused 1
9 hours ago, Lith said:

The Jets are not hated.  They are laughed and made fun of by the media and by fans of other teams.  Jets are alwys good for a few laughs.  But it is a narrative we have earned over the past decade. 

To change the narrative, the team has to win.  Lets win some games and give other teams and fanbases reason to hate us.  And it does seem like we are getting a bit more respect from the media sicne the Saleh hire.

Yep—in today’s world when the victim card is so strong people create villains. There is no conspiracy or cabal of haters — the Jets just usually stink.

6 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Yes, but even when the Jets were legitimate, in consecutive AFC title games, it was still LOLJets. 

Sad you missed that run, it was so fun. That team and Rex got so much good pub, Hard Knocks etc Rex was the hottest coach in the league. Goes to show the difference between “brash” and “buffoon” is W/L record.

Mangini also had a legendary honeymoon period. The coverage about Saleh has been basically 100% positive also. Hell the media is more optimistic than fans like me who now require evidence to be optimistic.

(A) there is no anti-Jets conspiracy only an anti-loser bias and (B) even if there was, it’s not an excuse to keep sucking.

The best thing to do with “da haterzz” is to prove them wrong and shove it down their throats. The Jets haven’t been able to do that. Bad teams deserve bad coverage. The same talking heads mocking the Jets will be gushing if Jets start winning. It’s their business model.

• Haha 1