Jump to content

Jets made worst trade of draft?


Rhg1084
 Share

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Can we wait a few seasons before we determine that AVT is going to enter a special wing of the hall of fame, and the other OL we could have drafted are the worst ever?

All you can do is make decisions on what you believe, based up the information that you ascertain with the people that you pay on your payroll to help you make those decisions.  If I were to tell you I will let you pick 90 numbers from 1-100, and I will give you $100,000.00 if you guess the right number, you would think that you got a pretty good shot, wouldn't you?

You may not bet your life on it, but you would feel pretty confident.  Well, that is how the Jets must feel about Vera Tucker.  No one is getting his Canton trophy ready yet, but still at this point, you are feeling pretty good about the pick you went up to get.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Alka said:

All you can do is make decisions on what you believe, based up the information that you ascertain with the people that you pay on your payroll to help you make those decisions.  If I were to tell you I will let you pick 90 numbers from 1-100, and I will give you $100,000.00 if you guess the right number, you would think that you got a pretty good shot, wouldn't you?

You may not bet your life on it, but you would feel pretty confident.  Well, that is how the Jets must feel about Vera Tucker.  No one is getting his Canton trophy ready yet, but still at this point, you are feeling pretty good about the pick you went up to get.

This reminds me of the game I made up. There are 100 envelopes sitting on a table. 99 of them have $10,000 and one has a lifetime of chronic diarrhea. Do you pick an envelope?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/1/2021 at 10:11 PM, Rhg1084 said:

 

 

What a crock of sh*t. Some sphincter boy hack reporter wants to flap his gums because the fan base hasn't seen the return on the investment. When AVT becomes one of the best Guards in the league will this a$$hole pipe up and make it known he ran his mouth as though somehow he "knew better" than JD and then he crashed and burned. 100% click bait from an idiot that probably believes the paper he writes for will fire him tomorrow....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Do you realize that the Jets haven't had a decent left guard since Faneca played left guard for them. The players thrown out by other teams that we picked up didn't work out.  The drafted players in the 3rd round and down didn't work, and the players we traded for by giving up a 7th or 6th round draft pick didn't work.

The Jets needed a "sure thing" and they felt that getting up to get Vera Tucker was the "sure thing" that they needed.

To other teams who didn't miss time and time again it may not have been a good trade.  For the Jets, it was a great trade.  To finally nail down their left guard to play next to Becton, and solidify the running game to the left side hopefully for the next decade, the trade made all the sense in the world.

I could care less what others think, and I can promise you 1000% that Joe Douglas could care less what other people feel about the trade as well.

If you and Joe Douglas were so confident neither of you would be able to care less about what I think. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you want a ******* tissue?  I am hopeful that the Jets come out on top, but they use the chart and make their choices.  If they don't like the value, fine.  You can't whine about positional value when we pick DTs and safeties and then pretend moving up for a G is the same as moving up for a QB.  The whole draft is a gamble.  The Jets took one here.  Someone complained.  Big ******* deal. 

I also don't see why everybody is blasting Leatherwood.  I know he was uneven at the senior bowl, but his drop seemed sketchy to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

What a crock of sh*t. Some sphincter boy hack reporter wants to flap his gums because the fan base hasn't seen the return on the investment. When AVT becomes one of the best Guards in the league will this a$$hole pipe up and make it known he ran his mouth as though somehow he "knew better" than JD and then he crashed and burned. 100% click bait from an idiot that probably believes the paper he writes for will fire him tomorrow....

Guards don’t matter.  Just ask the cowboys with Zack Martin or the Colts with Nelson 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This reminds me of the game I made up. There are 100 envelopes sitting on a table. 99 of them have $10,000 and one has a lifetime of chronic diarrhea. Do you pick an envelope?

the answer is absolutely not.  Life is about "risk vs. reward", and the reward of $10,000.00 is certainly not worth the risk of lifetime chronic diarrhea.

How about if the 99 envelopes had $100,000,000.00 in them each?  The risk might be worth the reward to many people.  I, myself, would not take that gamble.  My life is reasonably good, and the benefit of endless money is not worth the misery of the end of a contentful life.

On the other hand, people who are desperate would gladly take that risk, I believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

If you and Joe Douglas were so confident neither of you would be able to care less about what I think. 

I did not intend to state that I couldn't care less what you thought.  I was trying to talk more in generalizations. From what I've seen in Joe Douglas being interviewed, I feel quite confident that he couldn't care less what other people thought about his decisions.  He is quite a confident person, and I do appreciate that about him.

I appreciate other opinions, because other opinions make you think about every side of an argument.   From following the Jets for many decades now, I think one of the best trades ever made was in moving up in the 1st round for Derelle Revis.  And in the second round, we got Daivd Harris.  That was pretty much the entire draft that year, and it was a great success, IMHO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alka said:

I did not intend to state that I couldn't care less what you thought.  I was trying to talk more in generalizations. From what I've seen in Joe Douglas being interviewed, I feel quite confident that he couldn't care less what other people thought about his decisions.  He is quite a confident person, and I do appreciate that about him.

I appreciate other opinions, because other opinions make you think about every side of an argument.   From following the Jets for many decades now, I think one of the best trades ever made was in moving up in the 1st round for Derelle Revis.  And in the second round, we got Daivd Harris.  That was pretty much the entire draft that year, and it was a great success, IMHO.

You said you could care less which means you weren’t 100% on the amount of caring you were doing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If AVT ends up an 8-10 starter for us and a legit HOF candidate would this clown stand by his statement? Making stupid bold statements is just a social media tactic to get people riled up and filling your page. The media are like children, if they are not the center of the universe they do something to attract negative attention because it is better than being ignored or irrelevant.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Jethead said:

The Jets wounds are entirely self inflicted. Until we start winning we have to just put up with bs like this

Why because Tanny, Idzik and Macc made a lot of bad moves and because we haven't been to the playoffs in 10 yrs, this becomes ok?  Its either a fair trade given the return or it isnt.  You have to look at the trade, the value the Jets gotten return and thats it, history doesnt change the deal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why because Tanny, Idzik and Macc made a lot of bad moves and because we haven't been to the playoffs in 10 yrs, this becomes ok?  Its either a fair trade given the return or it isnt.  You have to look at the trade, the value the Jets gotten return and thats it, history doesnt change the deal

It's like active investment managers vs index funds. Tons of people can predict success via the rear view mirror. Not many (none) can consistently beat the odds looking forward. Too much is random and/or unknowable.

I wouldn't trade this year's Jets draft class for any other teams, hope we finally get lucky!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/18/2021 at 9:01 PM, Alka said:

the answer is absolutely not.  Life is about "risk vs. reward", and the reward of $10,000.00 is certainly not worth the risk of lifetime chronic diarrhea.

How about if the 99 envelopes had $100,000,000.00 in them each?  The risk might be worth the reward to many people.  I, myself, would not take that gamble.  My life is reasonably good, and the benefit of endless money is not worth the misery of the end of a contentful life.

On the other hand, people who are desperate would gladly take that risk, I believe.


I’d like to play poker with you.  A 1 % risk is too high, and those who would take the 99 % shot would be “desperate”?  Dafuq??  

And meanwhile that 1 % represents something @The Crusher, @JiFapono, @Integrity28 and scores of people with intestinal/IBS issues deal with every day anyways? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...