2022 we'll have 4 picks within the first 2 rounds (NYJ/Seattle 1st's and NYJ/Carolina 2nd's).

Much too early for a mock but I'm already dreaming of...

• Another 1st round O-Lineman (3 years in a row; in order to create a 1st round O-Line trio alongside of Becton and Vera-Tucker).

• 1st round CB (Could improve our entire secondary over night). 

• 2nd round pass rushing outside edge DE within the form of our next J-Abe94 (with Quinnen Williams on the inside that'll be dynamic). 

• 2nd round OLB who can cover within a 4-3 defense. 

All I know is with Zach Wilson in place; it's going to be pretty fun rooting for Jet WINS and Seattle/Carolina loses come 2021. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

OMG the 2021 NFL season hasn't even started and you @Defense Wins Championships started a 2022 NFL Draft thread. 

giphy.gif

It's not my fault. 

It's J.D's fault. 

He's given us so much early draft capital to the point; of being impossible to not think about. 

Getting a 2nd for Sam? 

Getting another 1st for Jamal (after trading up for a 1st round LG)?

Nuts. 

Already 5 picks within the first two rounds over the previous two drafts (3 1sts) in Mekhi Becton, Denzel Mims, Zach Wilson, Vera-Tucker and Elijah Moore? 

Nuts. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

For the first time in a long time there are actually 20+ players who I'm really EXCITED about seeing take the field come 2021 this year. 

And yes. 

One of them is C.J Mosley @ 100%. 

Please list them all

• Haha 1

Draft Evan Neal, the mammoth G/OT out of Bama. Plug him in at RG or RT depending on how FA goes or if you end up cutting Fant (which would save you 9mil, very little dead cap). 

In any case, I think you use at least one 1st rounder on a RT, whoever is the top talent or scheme fit. We need a bookend for Becton. Fant has been solid on the right side but I don't see him as a long term solution.

I really thought JD was going to take Jenkins in the 2nd round but he opted for a WR. But it did leave the future of that position in question. They may want a closer look at Clark and Edoga at RT in this scheme. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

About where would a team pick with like 6 wins?  Because that will be Seattle next year.  We are going to get a great pick out of them.

I agree the Seattle pick should be much higher next year 

Probably about eight or nine months too early for me to start thinking about who or what they're gonna draft next year. 

Maybe we can see how it all plays out on the field this year, first? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, windies07 said:

I hope Seattle suck and not win more than 5 games giving us a Top 5 pick which we can flip for multiple future 1stt round picks with the gift that keep giving ???

Might be a decent chance that happens to be honest.

If San Fran stays healthy, LA improves with Stafford, that’s a rough division.

• Upvote 2