Now that the draft is over, has your outlook/expectations for this year changed at all?

7 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I'm not sure if Woody had a hand in the Moore selection. Yes he an upgrade over Crowder but we had so many large  holes to fill. That pick just smells of money saving which only benefits the owner.

We'll see if Crowder is on the roster next season.

I’m with you in being somewhat skeptic but, I think this time, the Johnsons aren’t sticking their fingers in the pie.

• Upvote 2

I have been thinking about this.  It takes most rookies at least a year to get acclimated to the NFL.  

I can see the offense being very impressive if Wilson can stay healthy.  I worry about the back end of the defense.  I can see it taking a year for the hybrid players to develop mentally and physically.

Hopefully an off ball LB shakes loose.  

I am also very dubious on our safeties and wonder whether Maye stays and whether Ashtyn works out.   

18 hours ago, New York Mick said:

As far as wins and losses? No, they’re going to suck but as long as they show improvement and promise I’ll be happy. 

You think they're going to suck? I think quite the opposite, the upside for this offense has never been higher. I expect Zach Wilson to set our single season passing records as a rookie. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

You think they're going to suck? I think quite the opposite, the upside for this offense has never been higher. I expect Zach Wilson to set our single season passing records as a rookie. 

^^ my new life coach 

• Haha 1

For me its building a WINNING CLUTURE something that has been lacking for ...well a very long time.  

We have a very young team, new Coaching staff, and new schemes that have to mesh and will at some point.  My expectation is they - coaches and players - get better throughout the season and be competitive.  The team will FINALLY have speed and should have a good passing O set-up by the zone runs.   

I am excited which is something I haven't felt about this team since Parcells. 

The Jets improved in the offseason, however I am really worried about Zac, he will go against 3 different defensive minds in the division, as well as unsure how he will handle the competition, he has not experienced such a competition, and unsure how he will react to it. I see around 4 wins but much more competitive than last year, and see the Jets pushing many teams to the limit. The draft was reasonably solid.

I think we have improved so dramatically that we will be competitive in every game and could easily make the playoffs. The offense is essentially completely overhauled, and the Jets defense is much better suited of the Saleh defense than whatever that idiot Williams trotted out there. Anyone thinking we still have a bottom 3rd roster is not paying attention. It is at a minimum above average

Just with the bump in coaching I thought the Jets would win about 6 games, if this draft turns out to be as good as it looks and if wilson is ready to play day 1 my expectations have grown.  I'm not saying playoffs but I can definitely see a playoff contender at least.

There have been so many years of bad football that maybe I'm overly optimistic but I really love what they did this offseason.  Still far from a finished product but I'm feeling good.

• Upvote 1

If this team is playing hard and competent there’s definitely some wins on this schedule to be had. 

Pats    
Miami    
Jax       
Cincy    
Philly    
New Orleans    
denver     
atlanta   
houston

All winnable games if Saleh has the team playing all gas no brake!

055DBF92-924A-49C1-9700-62DACFF6B96F.png