Top 3 Cumulative Draft Grade for Jets

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Any team that picked Justin Fields or traded up for him was going to win the draft.

Media darling for social commentary! It’s a football game. No one hailed Lance going #3 but Bears hero’s for taking him before Jones. 

Wish this young man all the best… Hope he has a great career.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Journalist with an agenda.

What’s funny is his comparables on his site before the D.

The comparable to our first 4 picks are like Baker Mayfield, All Pro G, Antonio Brown then Clyde Edward’s Helaire. 

D grade

He loved all our top 4 picks. I bet they have the highest rank average (he lists it out in his article) of any team but clearly he has some weird fields vs Wilson agenda and totally discounted his player rankings and gave us a D, ok.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Any team that picked Justin Fields or traded up for him was going to win the draft.

Media darling for social commentary! It’s a football game. No one hailed Lance going #3 but Bears hero’s for taking him before Jones. 

Wish this young man all the best… Hope he has a great career.

Expand  

I like fields a lot and like some project, he could very well end up being the top guy from this crop .

The funny thing is re these QBs is that if SF takes Mac Jones they would get killed by most,  but jones falls to the pats and the pats are geniuses for grabbing him.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Can I just say too, from a team building perspective, I love that in two consecutive drafts Douglas takes OL round 1, WR round 2 and RB in round 4.

It's like we added Randy Thomas, Santana Moss and Leon Washington to this offense in AVT, Moore & Carter. 

What a good feeling. 

I can't believe we got carter in the 4th ,same round as perine.  Carter is going to be a vastly better player.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Wow nice grades! Even Kiper gave us an A-. Amazing.  Kiper definitely fears Saleh.  Anything less than an A- and Saleh punches him in the hair.

Mel-Kiper.jpg

Well then he should be nervous about that B he gave the Lions.  Campbell...kneecaps...

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Idzik 12 graded out as a B (varied between A- and B-) in the days following the draft (Calvin Pryor was graded as A lol). Tells you all you know about grading a draft class immediately after. 

For me the feel good point is, we addressed key positions where we had needs with players who made sense where they were picked.   We didn't pick a DT first when we had studs across the D line and desperately needed offense.  We didn't pick 2 safeties with our first two picks.  We took players at positions of need where it made sense.  Will the players we picked work out who knows.   But after the last 10 f'n years...I'll take it.

4 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Wow nice grades! Even Kiper gave us an A-. Amazing.  Kiper definitely fears Saleh.  Anything less than an A- and Saleh punches him in the hair.

Yes, how thrilling it would be if Saleh gave 1 ioto of a sh*t about what Mel Kiper thought about their draft. It would truly make me believe that Saleh had his priorities straight and I'd feel so much better.