Show Your Mock 2022 (All JN Mock Drafts Merged)

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

3 of 1st 4 picks DT! Lol

Travon Walker is an edge.  Played DT his first two years, but lost weight and converted to edge this year.  Some of the sites do not have him updated yet. 

And Jordan Davis can double as a short yardage back - he did have 1 rushing TD this season.  Versatility.

WATCH: Georgia Bulldogs DL Jordan Davis Scores a Big Man TD | Dawg Post

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, section314 said:

The thing that consistently separates you from the crowd is your pure objectivity.

Absolutely.  We draft so few Georgia guys that one can dream.  And there are about 5 or 6 guys there that would not be bad picks for us.  Walker, Tindall, Wyatt, Pickens and Cook I think would be reasonable picks where I took them. 

And Dean woudl fit nicely here, but not at 5.

23 minutes ago, Lith said:

Absolutely.  We draft so few Georgia guys that one can dream.  And there are about 5 or 6 guys there that would not be bad picks for us.  Walker, Tindall, Wyatt, Pickens and Cook I think would be reasonable picks where I took them. 

Tell you what. Another couple of weeks getting gashed on the ground, depending on how the draft falls, trades etc, your guy Davis may be in the mix. I'm serious.

This one came together interesting. Would need the right FA period to justify it (serious safety and legitimate TE additions) but a lot of need-value matches outside round one - which I think in a no trades scenario is the hardest spot to pick.

642C8C27-8704-4006-BF87-C5DE6C1562ED.png

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, section314 said:

Tell you what. Another couple of weeks getting gashed on the ground, depending on how the draft falls, trades etc, your guy Davis may be in the mix. I'm serious.

If we are looking at Georgia DTs, I would prefer the value of a guy like Wyatt in the 3rd rather than Davis in the 1st.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, derp said:

This one came together interesting. Would need the right FA period to justify it (serious safety and legitimate TE additions) but a lot of need-value matches outside round one - which I think in a no trades scenario is the hardest spot to pick.

642C8C27-8704-4006-BF87-C5DE6C1562ED.png

What’s interesting with the current draft slots is the two large gaps that occur from the current 5th pick in the first to the 49th pick in the second.   And then from pick 66 in the 3rd to pick 119 in the 4th.    Also no picks in the 6th or 7th rounds.   It’s an interesting dynamic how these picks are grouped currently.  Large gaps followed by picks within a few slots from each other.   

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

What’s interesting with the current draft slots is the two large gaps that occur from the current 5th pick in the first to the 49th pick in the second.   And then from pick 66 in the 3rd to pick 119 in the 4th.    Also no picks in the 6th or 7th rounds.   It’s an interesting dynamic how these picks are grouped currently.  Large gaps followed by picks within a few slots from each other.   

TDN has the wrong draft slots in the second round. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I can’t imagine they’d actually pick 49th right? I feel like the TDN thing is wrong. Think that second rounder should be 36th. Unless they’ve changed the draft order rules? I feel like Houston goes behind Jacksonville for example because they have the same record but the SOS splits it but as the only three win team currently I’d think the Jets’ assigned slot is the same every round. I’d also think the Carolina pick moves up to 40 - so still close together. But maybe I’m sleep deprived and completely wrong.

Picking at 36 and 40 looks a whole lot different than picking at 49 and 52 in terms of who’s available. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, derp said:

I can’t imagine they’d actually pick 49th right? I feel like the TDN thing is wrong. Think that second rounder should be 36th. Unless they’ve changed the draft order rules? I feel like Houston goes behind Jacksonville for example because they have the same record but the SOS splits it but as the only three win team currently I’d think the Jets’ assigned slot is the same every round. I’d also think the Carolina pick moves up to 40 - so still close together. But maybe I’m sleep deprived and completely wrong.

Picking at 36 and 40 looks a whole lot different than picking at 49 and 52 in terms of who’s available. 

That’s what I had thought.   I did a mock this morning and was surprised at the slotting.  Going 45 slots without a pick was tough, so much value there.   Felt like I had to reach for need too much.  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

yea the 4-5 spot is kind of seems like no mans land right now. 

At least right now, it feels like all the players that I like and think will be great fits for the Jets are reaches in the top 5.   I’m sure some of that could change as we get closer to draft time. 

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

At least right now, it feels like all the players that I like and think will be great fits for the Jets are reaches in the top 5.   I’m sure some of that could change as we get closer to draft time. 

Ojabo and Karlaftis and even Jermain Johnson are all going to rise if they test well. It might end up being a draft where 5 edge players are chosen in the top 10. But you’re right, a trade down needs to happen especially if a QB raises his stock in the lead up to the draft.

On 12/9/2021 at 12:23 PM, Lith said:

As long as they’re not Florida Gators… have at it!

17 hours ago, kdels62 said:

94201F72-C525-4C8D-BB3C-D12EC11EA930.jpeg.516ea6b78f18ed22fd53101f8d446651.jpegA242F416-3FFE-4448-9B04-5EDEFD2C18BB.jpeg.523e7a47465262ba3e22853b2399f9e1.jpeg

Switched over to PFN since they have the correct draft order. They’ve started to update their big board but it stills feels a bit in disarray. This is my no trades draft, in reality I’d probably take McBride at 40 and Pitre or Cross or Coby Bryant at 68. 

PFN is nice with the draft slotting and the trades are fun but such a mess with their board.

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

The more times I run through these mock scenarios, the more I hate where the Jets are currently slotted.   There just isn’t very much separation between the guys in the top 10 to the guys going from 18-32.   

It’s rough. I think the “consensus” guys in that range are going to come together but they’re just going to be the guys they project to the Jets.

I doubt they can move down twice but hopefully someone kind of emerges as a high upside guy premium position guy to warrant one of those picks and someone unique emerges to give them a trade down opportunity with the other. Classic Jets that they’ve had two high draft picks in the two weakest drafts in recent memory.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, derp said:

PFN is nice with the draft slotting and the trades are fun but such a mess with their board.

It’s rough. I think the “consensus” guys in that range are going to come together but they’re just going to be the guys they project to the Jets.

I doubt they can move down twice but hopefully someone kind of emerges as a high upside guy premium position guy to warrant one of those picks and someone unique emerges to give them a trade down opportunity with the other. Classic Jets that they’ve had two high draft picks in the two weakest drafts in recent memory.

It’s literally 2013 all over again.  Almost identical situations.  

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s literally 2013 all over again.  Almost identical situations.  

I do wonder a little bit if this class gets a tick underrated because last year there wasn’t really a “full” college season and some guys didn’t play as much last year so aren’t as established.

Williams is going to be a 6’2 guy running 4.3’s coming off a monster season from a school that’s put a ton of receivers in the NFL. Ruggs was probably a better overall athlete but Williams crushes on the production. Ojabo is going to be a freak with great sack numbers and Michigan’s also done a good job getting edges in the league. 

The 2013 draft had a tiny Tavon Austin, Mingo, Jordan, and Anasah were all athletes over production, Warmack and Cooper got overdrafted as safe picks and didn’t hit at all as guards. I do think this class is better, it seems really fluid in terms of who’s good but to be fair nobody really had a clue who was good heading into the season. At least not as much as last year.

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Carl Lawson says hello.  They simply cannot draft 2 DEs in rounds 1-3.  Not with so many other needs.

Carl Lawson had 8.5 sacks in his best season and is coming off an Achilles injury. Who knows if he'll ever be as effective as he was before which wasn't dominant. Bryan Thomas had 8.5 sacks in a season.

This defense is based on having big time edge rushers. That's the most important piece to add this off-season imo.

• Upvote 1