Show Your Mock 2022 (All JN Mock Drafts Merged)

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Carl Lawson had 8.5 sacks in his best season and is coming off an Achilles injury. Who knows if he'll ever be as effective as he was before which wasn't dominant. Bryan Thomas had 8.5 sacks in a season.

This defense is based on having big time edge rushers. That's the most important piece to add this off-season imo.

One, absolutely.  Two, not IMO.  If Lawson comes back healthy, you have a 1st round draft pick subbing in on maybe 5-10 plays per game.  As opposed to a starting LB or DB that is helping on every play.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

One, absolutely.  Two, not IMO.  If Lawson comes back healthy, you have a 1st round draft pick subbing in on maybe 5-10 plays per game.  As opposed to a starting LB or DB that is helping on every play.

Draft picks are lottery tickets. Lawson coming back and being the same guy is not even close to a guarantee. The defensive scheme relies on top tier pass rushers and is garbage without them. Pass rushers rotate to stay fresh.

If we end up in a situation where we have more pass rushers than available snaps that's an absolute best case scenario and a great problem to have IMO. What's more likely is at least one draft pick doesn't pan out and Lawson isn't the same guy.

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Carl Lawson had 8.5 sacks in his best season and is coming off an Achilles injury. Who knows if he'll ever be as effective as he was before which wasn't dominant. Bryan Thomas had 8.5 sacks in a season.

This defense is based on having big time edge rushers. That's the most important piece to add this off-season imo.

Look deeper than just sacks. In 2020 he had 44 pressures and 26 qb knock downs. Good for 2nd in the league. He didn’t have help last year to help secure the sacks because the qb could just move in the pocket. Pairing him with quinnen, jfm, and a rookie those pressures will be very impactful. If you go soley based on sacks then Vic Beasley would be amazing. There’s a massive difference between coverage sacks and creating pressure and hurries. Jordan Jenkins got 8 sacks 2 years in a row. They were mostly coverage sacks and he was terrible at rushing the qb. Look at how he’s doing now. There’s a bunch of guys like that, another example is bud Dupree who greatly benefited from tj watt. Dupree got an 80 mil contract because the titans were fooled into thinking he’s good when he’s not. 

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

Look deeper than just sacks. In 2020 he had 44 pressures and 26 qb knock downs. Good for 2nd in the league. He didn’t have help last year to help secure the sacks because the qb could just move in the pocket. Pairing him with quinnen, jfm, and a rookie those pressures will be very impactful. If you go soley based on sacks then Vic Beasley would be amazing. There’s a massive difference between coverage sacks and creating pressure and hurries. Jordan Jenkins got 8 sacks 2 years in a row. They were mostly coverage sacks and he was terrible at rushing the qb. Look at how he’s doing now. There’s a bunch of guys like that, another example is bud Dupree who greatly benefited from tj watt. Dupree got an 80 mil contract because the titans were fooled into thinking he’s good when he’s not. 

Looks like the Jets outsmarted the league again.

Hutchinson falls to 4, then we pickup a 2023 first round pick from the Steelers moving down to the middle of the 1st and also snag Linderbaum.

• NYJ
    Aidan Hutchinson
    EDGE Michigan

• NYJ
    Tyler Linderbaum
    OC Iowa
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Jaquan Brisker
    S Penn State

• NYJ
    Isaiah Likely
    TE Coastal Carolina

• NYJ
    Henry To'o To'o
    LB Alabama

• NYJ
    Trey McBride
    TE Colorado State

• NYJ
    Brian Asamoah II
    LB Oklahoma

• 2023 PIT 1st
  • 2023 PIT 4th

Trade Details

PIT

Received:

• Pick 7 - Matt Corral
NYJ

Received:

• Pick 15
  • 2023 PIT 1st
  • 2023 PIT 4th

Top 3 went like this:

•  
  • DET
    Kayvon Thibodeaux
    EDGE Oregon

• HOU
    Andrew Booth Jr.
    CB Clemson

• JAX
    Evan Neal
    OT Alabama
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:
  • NYJ
    Kenyon Green
    OG Texas A&M

• NYJ
    Tyler Linderbaum
    OC Iowa

• NYJ
    Trent McDuffie
    CB Washington

• NYJ
    Brandon Smith
    LB Penn State

• NYJ
    Sam Williams
    EDGE Mississippi

• NYJ
    Owen Pappoe
    LB Auburn

• NYJ
    Cade Otton
    TE Washington

• NYJ
    George Pickens
    WR Georgia

• NYJ
    Charlie Kolar
    TE Iowa State

2 interior linemen top 7?

That's.... a lot

10 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I wanted to improve the D, by keeping them off the field. I was gonna trade down and pick Linderbaum later in the first round, but the trades are not realistic.

I just adjust the trades to more realistic ones if they are too far in my favor

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i don’t see them taking london, they like the smaller quicker wrs.  It will be interesting to see those wr 40 times.  The jets can really add a burner.

They brought in Davis and Cole who are both 6’ plus.   Cole probably isn’t coming back.   You can’t have a group of WRs all under 5’10”.   Besides, London can work all of the levels of the defense.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

They brought in Davis and Cole who are both 6’ plus.   Cole probably isn’t coming back.   You can’t have a group of WRs all under 5’10”.   Besides, London can work all of the levels of the defense.  

I don’t doubt london’s ability.  I am merely predicting that if they go wr in round 1, they would pick a wr from ohio state or Alabama over London, especially if the 40 times are good.  I can easily see douglas being seduced by top speed by wrs from top programs.

kind of went away from what ive been doing and tried to nail down some needs vs BPA here 

As much as i want to pump up LB, i have a real suspicion the FO believes in Quincy as that guy they can develop going forward along with Hamsa and Sherwood, so I didnt pull the trigger on the first round talent instead i added guys for depth and development. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 11.01.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 11.01.32 AM.png

• NYJ
    George Karlaftis
    EDGE Purdue

• NYJ
    Tyler Linderbaum
    OC Iowa
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Isaiah Likely
    TE Coastal Carolina

• NYJ
    Carson Strong
    QB Nevada

• NYJ
    Brandon Smith
    LB Penn State
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Jahan Dotson
    WR Penn State
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Arnold Ebiketie
    EDGE Penn State

• NYJ
    Brian Asamoah II
    LB Oklahoma

• NYJ
    Chris Autman-Bell
    WR Minnesota

•  
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I just messed around with a few simulations and I hate this draft.  Hate it.  Right now, I think I'd trade out of both picks and go quantity of top quality because I dont see the top end quality being that amazing.

Same the guys in the top 8 aren’t really that much better than 8-45. I’d trade down both picks in a heartbeat. Depending on how this draft falls we might have a shot at thib/hutch. The Texans and jags are playing this week and I only see us winning 1 more game. That’ll put us at pick 3. 

• Upvote 1

Using the PFN simulator 

1st round: OT Evan Neal - Alabama 

1st round: EDGE George Karlaftis - Purdue 

2nd round: LB Brandon Smith - Penn State

2nd round: S Jordan Battle - Alabama 

3rd round: TE Trey McBride - Colorado State

4th round: WR John Metchie III - Alabama 

4th round: OG Jaxson Kirkland - Washington 

5th round: RB Tyler Goodson - Iowa

5th round: S Isaiah Pola-Mao - USC

3 rd PFN  lots of trades

16) David Ojabo  edge  PSU

20) Ahmad Gardner cb  Cincy

36) Nakobe Dean lb  UGA

43) David Bell wr  Purdue

50) Jahan Dotson wr PSU

63) Trey McBride te Colorado st

64) Brandon Joesph s  Northwestern

68) Jarrett Paterson C ND

85) Arnold Ebikeie edge PSU

Future Picks.........2023   Buff 2nd            Denver,Minnesota &Tampa 3rd's        N.E 4th

• Upvote 1

I went a wildly different approach than I have with this one... I said to myself that JD will add at least 1 higher priced FA on Offense and try to bring in depth players that can pop later in the draft, while using the early picks to fix a historically bad defense.  I traded down but ended up getting picks in this draft and nothing for next year. 

263606400_ScreenShot2021-12-16at10_36_04AM.png.be6112909bb4cb65b162e7a89230c7ea.png17948107_ScreenShot2021-12-16at10_36_18AM.png.4b02592eb8d55f208085a3204bfde4ef.png2006221389_ScreenShot2021-12-16at10_36_26AM.png.94fc85e02278b9e5916f34f5a9e71419.png

pfn-logo-black
  • NYJ
    Aidan Hutchinson
    EDGE Michigan

• NYJ
    Tyler Linderbaum
    OC Iowa
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Jaquan Brisker
    S Penn State

• NYJ