Show Your Mock 2022 (All JN Mock Drafts Merged)

On 10/9/2021 at 9:37 AM, sec101row23 said:

Tony Elliot has totally FUBAR’d the Clemson offense this year.  A lot falls on DJU, but Elliot is making some head scratching decisions.  Moving J. Ross into the slot has been a disaster, plus I think his injury has made him apprehensive about getting hit.  They need to move back out to the boundary and let him do his thing, having him run shallow crosses and curls in the slot isn’t maximizing his abilities.  

I remember hearing about Drummond coming out of JUCO where he destroyed that level of competition.  I think he was a really good basketball player as well.   

Drummond had a nice little year last year chipping in 7 tds on a little over 400 yds. Now already he has almost eclipsed his production last year in 5 games 26 rec for 460 yds and 5 tds.   I don tthink anyone can deny the production of Ole Miss wrs the last few years, and Drummond is going to continue that this year, I expect him to be a late riser up boards as the year continues.. You'll hear his name alot as time goes on, similar to moore last year. 

• Upvote 2

image.png.53ebf1e3b82a44cbdc6e79b7322586c9.png

Kick Becton to right tackle which he has played in college.  Move McGovern to RG or sign a vet.  Neal goes to left tackle and Linderbaum takes over in the middle.  Zack will be very clean.  No excuses if he stinks after this.

LT - Neal  LG- AVT  C - Linderbaum  RG - McGovern or FA  RT - Becton.  I would roll with that O-line.

• Upvote 2

This one turned out so well that I wish it was a seven rounder.  Traded down with the scumbag so he could draft Hamilton and added a second.

-premium edge

-all world center

-not sure if Ross is back to what he was, but I took him anyway.  Mims insurance and/or can take over when Davis leaves after 23

-play making TE

-steal here with our new playmaking centerfielder 

-another steal, imo.  love that he plays RG and can fill in at C in a pinch 

2099304041_ScreenShot2021-10-16at8_39_17PM.png.4b05b5d1122f44724fa1d00208e5ed2e.png

wayyyy too early to gauge when guys will go. I guess, being that it's a bye week ill do one and edit this post later but it's too far out to realistically gauge how it goes beyond the top 10... will list scouting reports too. set up our picks as far as vegas odds for us and seattle (3 & 14) and I didn't make any trades... Took FS (extremely versatile), C, and OLB edge rusher but also can fall back into coverage image.thumb.png.19ee356edaefbab173bfc30a13233540.png https://www.profootballnetwork.com/kyle-hamilton-notre-dame-s-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/ 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/tyler-linderbaum-iowa-oc-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nik-bonitto-oklahoma-olb-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

This !!!!!! A+

This one turned out so well that I wish it was a seven rounder.  Traded down with the scumbag so he could draft Hamilton and added a second.
-premium edge
-all world center
-not sure if Ross is back to what he was, but I took him anyway.  Mims insurance and/or can take over when Davis leaves after 23
-play making TE
-steal here with our new playmaking centerfielder 
-another steal, imo.  love that he plays RG and can fill in at C in a pinch 

2099304041_ScreenShot2021-10-16at8_39_17PM.png.4b05b5d1122f44724fa1d00208e5ed2e.png

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

First comment here so hopefully you guys don’t kill me too much, but this one looks really good to me. Hamilton is a generational safety and has Ed reed written all over him.  We desperately need safety help with Davis being the only returning starter most likely. Linderbaum is the perfect fit for this system. He’s very athletic and is a former wrestler which generally pairs well with OL because they have great balance. Lloyd has a ton of potential and is the future CJ replacement. Likely is the athletic and big TE that we need, Johnson should be the future starter at RG. Maybe keep McGovern for another year and put him at guard so Zion can catch up to speed. Verdell will be a great combo with carter.  Haven’t watched much of green, but he has potential to be a solid #2

A50E2938-989E-4D46-B9EA-E24BCE100FA1.png

• Upvote 1

Dang. We’re mocking and it’s not even November yet. Jeez.

Im only a few weeks into learning and watching prospects.

Free Agency:

Back up the Brinks Truck for Chris Godwin. Fits perfectly opposite of Corey Davis. Move Elijah Moore to the slot.

Sign a TE. Hayden Hurst I think would be a good fit.

Guard: If McGovern shows he’s a descent starter and we believe he’s a descent starter at RG, pencil him in. But still get a guard early in the draft (say 3rd round).

Based on that FA and bringing back some of our guys like Moses, here’s my first two rounds. I don’t know enough to go further. But I’d be looking to draft 2 iOL (including 1 in the 3rd round), 2 Safeties, and 2 LBs.

A51ECEED-C0F1-4AB0-BFAC-ACAE971857FC.jpeg

• Upvote 1

made A FEW TRADES lol

6. Derek Stingley Jr CB LSU   shutdown CB

10. Kenyon Green OG Texas A&M     best G in draft

38. Daxton Hill S Michigan    crazy athleticism

46. Breece Hall RB Iowa State      smooth fast tough

70. Jarrett Patterson OC Notre Dame    2nd best C in draft

122. Austin Stogner TE Oklahoma     big strong fast total package 

128. Jeremy Ruckert TE Ohio State    great hands and route runner

152. Ainias Smith WR Texas A&M     electric weapon

162. Zach Charbonnet RB UCLA     love how he runs

168.Jamaree Salyer OT Georgia     beast potential is crazy

179. Keondre Coburn DT Texas     Beast 350 yikes

188. Damone Clark LB LSU    tough with great upside

217. Kyler Gordon CB Washington   tough good athlete

227. Jermaine Johnson EDGE Florida State    great size and speed

234. Charleston Rambo WR Miami-Fl   Robbie Anderson clone FAST

And 1 more - My OL draft

4 Evan Neal OT Alabama   BEAST

11. Tyler Linderbaum OC Iowa   All Pro

37. Ikem Ekwonu OG North Carolina State   BEAST

45.DeMarvion Overshown LB Texas   Heat seeking missle

54. Breece Hall RB Iowa State   Smooth fast tough

68. Sam Williams EDGE Mississippi   Mean w/ great potential

107.Jeremy Ruckert TE Ohio State    great hands and route runner

113. Sevyn Banks CB Ohio State     very athletic

121. George Pickens WR Georgia    very athletic

146. Zakoby McClain LB Auburn     Heat seeking missle

150. Charlie Kolar TE Iowa State    Very dependalbe w/ great size

160. Zach Charbonnet RB UCLA    love how he runs

UDFA  Charleston Rambo WR Miami-Fl   Robbie Anderson clone FAST

3: R1 P3 OT Evan Neal - Alabama

11: R1 P11 C Tyler Linderbaum - Iowa

35: R2 P3 TE Jalen Wydermyer - Texas A&M

49: R2 P17 EDGE Micheal Clemons - Texas A&M

67: R3 P3 EDGE Zachary Carter - Florida

119: R4 P17 WR George Pickens - Georgia

121: R4 P19 CB Sevyn Banks - Ohio State

145: R5 P3 TE Jake Ferguson - Wisconsin

157: R5 P15 G Josh Rivas - Kansas State

208: R6 P29 RB Rachaad White - Arizona State

• Upvote 2

59E79733-BCD5-47CB-A54F-8324564507BD.thumb.jpeg.5d110335d74bb5ebf47d7f0717d45ec6.jpegB327DD3A-951D-4DBB-A6B1-6951706EAFBB.jpeg.5b9e602ceef6d7af20ffb35584c99868.jpeg

This is the blue print I see JD using. A trade back with one of our top 15 picks to pick up future picks. The other pick goes to the top player on the board in Linderbaum. After that there is ammo to build and the Edge depth in this class helps mitigate the lack of investment early on. 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

59E79733-BCD5-47CB-A54F-8324564507BD.thumb.jpeg.5d110335d74bb5ebf47d7f0717d45ec6.jpegB327DD3A-951D-4DBB-A6B1-6951706EAFBB.jpeg.5b9e602ceef6d7af20ffb35584c99868.jpeg

This is the blue print I see JD using. A trade back with one of our top 15 picks to pick up future picks. The other pick goes to the top player on the board in Linderbaum. After that there is ammo to build and the Edge depth in this class helps mitigate the lack of investment early on. 

Lol…similar philosophy here.  

• Upvote 1

• NYJ
    Derek Stingley Jr.
    CB LSU

• NYJ
    Tyler Linderbaum
    OC Iowa
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Christian Harris
    LB Alabama
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Isaiah Likely
    TE Coastal Carolina
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Ed Ingram
    OG LSU

• NYJ
    Lewis Cine
    S Georgia

• NYJ
    Jake Ferguson
    TE Wisconsin
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Tyreke Smith
    EDGE Ohio State

• NYJ
    Tyler Allgeier
    RB BYU

• 2023 KC 3rd

Trade Details

KC

Received:

• Pick 10 - Garrett Wilson
NYJ

Received:

• Pick 18
  • Pick 49
  • 2023 KC 3rd

GB

Received:

• Pick 39 - Justyn Ross
  • Pick 163
NYJ

Received:

• Pick 46
  • Pick 94

• Upvote 1

• NYJ
    Kenyon Green
    OG Texas A&M

• NYJ
    Drake Jackson
    EDGE USC
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Nakobe Dean
    LB Georgia

• NYJ
    Jalen Wydermyer
    TE Texas A&M

• NYJ
    DeMarvion Overshown
    LB Texas
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson
    CB TCU

• NYJ
    Isaiah Thomas
    EDGE Oklahoma

• NYJ
    Brant Kuithe
    TE Utah

• NYJ
    Jeffrey Gunter
    EDGE Coastal Carolina
    trade icon
  • 2023 CIN 2nd
  • 2023 CIN 7th

Trade Details

CIN

Received:

• Pick 4 - Kyle Hamilton
NYJ

Received:

• Pick 16
  • Pick 47
  • 2023 CIN 2nd
  • 2023 CIN 7th
  • Post of the Week 1

Saw this mock someone posted from Jets Press.  Interesting strategy, and it fixes a lot of areas, although I may in a different direction at some points. 

https://thejetpress.com/posts/ny-jets-mock-draft-offensive-line-7-round-2022#slideshow-top-bar-_00ml5aiic

If you dont feel like reading it lines up like this

#4- Evan Neal OT

#12- Kenyon Green OG

#36 Jordan Battle- S

#43- Jalen Wydermyer- TE

#68- Jermain Waller- CB

#113 Amare Barno-Edge

#146 Trey Mcbride-TE

#157- Breece Hall-RB

#197 Storm Duck-CB

#209- Dontario Drummond- WR. 

Invests a ton on the OL which now gives the jets 4 1st round players upfront (maybe a little too much?). 

Adds to the secondary with a good safety and two corners i know nothing about, but storm duck is a cool name. 

Adds two really good TE's to the offense which is desperately needed, and adds two offensive weapons late with good value. 

the draft is good just weak at LB and Edge where I think we all peg the jets to add more talent. 

1 hour ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Saw this mock someone posted from Jets Press.  Interesting strategy, and it fixes a lot of areas, although I may in a different direction at some points. 

https://thejetpress.com/posts/ny-jets-mock-draft-offensive-line-7-round-2022#slideshow-top-bar-_00ml5aiic

If you dont feel like reading it lines up like this

#4- Evan Neal OT

#12- Kenyon Green OG

#36 Jordan Battle- S

#43- Jalen Wydermyer- TE

#68- Jermain Waller- CB

#113 Amare Barno-Edge

#146 Trey Mcbride-TE

#157- Breece Hall-RB

#197 Storm Duck-CB

#209- Dontario Drummond- WR. 

Invests a ton on the OL which now gives the jets 4 1st round players upfront (maybe a little too much?). 

Adds to the secondary with a good safety and two corners i know nothing about, but storm duck is a cool name. 

Adds two really good TE's to the offense which is desperately needed, and adds two offensive weapons late with good value. 

the draft is good just weak at LB and Edge where I think we all peg the jets to add more talent. 

That is interesting - I think it's really focused on what fans view as short-term needs so I'm not sure how realistic it is. I'd love to have a loaded OL but I don't think Neal and Green are realistic. Love the double dip at tight end. Feel like it's too much at corner with a ton of young guys on the roster already, I'd expect something at linebacker, a center at least before the end of the draft, etc. But it's certainly an interesting perspective.

We'll also have a lot more clarity after free agency. There are always needs all over the field come midseason mock draft time. I still think it's always more realistic to focus on guys who will be free agents in 2023 once you get outside the first couple of rounds. That's where they're going to add depth and try to not need to sign FA's the following year. Lots of the 2022 holes will be filled one way or another in free agency.

I do think that's why Neal, though not a perfect prospect, is interesting because he could - actually as I think about it, fill three holes although I don't think you want to make him do that. But he's played guard, RT, and LT in college so you could have him replace at RG this year, be lined up to replace Fant at RT when he expires, but also be Becton insurance. I do think the Fant replacement/Becton insurance is something that'll be important to draft. A few guys who could make sense in that capacity without spending a top five pick on them which is probably more pragmatic although I'm not sure need-value really lines up for the Jets with anyone in the top five.

36 minutes ago, derp said:

That is interesting - I think it's really focused on what fans view as short-term needs so I'm not sure how realistic it is. I'd love to have a loaded OL but I don't think Neal and Green are realistic. Love the double dip at tight end. Feel like it's too much at corner with a ton of young guys on the roster already, I'd expect something at linebacker, a center at least before the end of the draft, etc. But it's certainly an interesting perspective.

We'll also have a lot more clarity after free agency. There are always needs all over the field come midseason mock draft time. I still think it's always more realistic to focus on guys who will be free agents in 2023 once you get outside the first couple of rounds. That's where they're going to add depth and try to not need to sign FA's the following year. Lots of the 2022 holes will be filled one way or another in free agency.

I do think that's why Neal, though not a perfect prospect, is interesting because he could - actually as I think about it, fill three holes although I don't think you want to make him do that. But he's played guard, RT, and LT in college so you could have him replace at RG this year, be lined up to replace Fant at RT when he expires, but also be Becton insurance. I do think the Fant replacement/Becton insurance is something that'll be important to draft. A few guys who could make sense in that capacity without spending a top five pick on them which is probably more pragmatic although I'm not sure need-value really lines up for the Jets with anyone in the top five.

Great points, Many times youre drafting guys with a year or two down the road in mind.  Having guys that may take a year or two to really develop, but are in line with when you will need them to play is important. 

In the top 5 outside of Thibs, there really isnt anyone that fits the Jets in a Need-Value perspective.  Thats why I think we all love Linderbaum, because of him being so solid, and at a position due for an upgrade, that can also upgrade another problem area by bumping McGovern to G. However, I think the reason we're seeing Neal mocked to the jets so early is precisely what were talking about.  Jets perception is they need OL help for Wilson, Becton hurt 2 times in 2 years missing time, and Moses set to hit FA leaves the jets a little weak at T as well as needing an upgrade at RG and possibly C.  Neal its the bill as a versatile week 1 starter who can come in and compete at G or T right away, but also like you said is insurance for Becton long term.  On top of that he seems to be the best Value-Need pick outside of Thibs for the jets Top 5. 

• Upvote 1

Great points, Many times youre drafting guys with a year or two down the road in mind.  Having guys that may take a year or two to really develop, but are in line with when you will need them to play is important. 

In the top 5 outside of Thibs, there really isnt anyone that fits the Jets in a Need-Value perspective.  Thats why I think we all love Linderbaum, because of him being so solid, and at a position due for an upgrade, that can also upgrade another problem area by bumping McGovern to G. However, I think the reason we're seeing Neal mocked to the jets so early is precisely what were talking about.  Jets perception is they need OL help for Wilson, Becton hurt 2 times in 2 years missing time, and Moses set to hit FA leaves the jets a little weak at T as well as needing an upgrade at RG and possibly C.  Neal its the bill as a versatile week 1 starter who can come in and compete at G or T right away, but also like you said is insurance for Becton long term.  On top of that he seems to be the best Value-Need pick outside of Thibs for the jets Top 5. 

Neal definitely fits their “type” too. Assuming he and Becton stay healthy you’ve got pretty unique tackles to prepare for who fit what you want to run scheme wise. And building that outside zone run game and being able to go in both directions gives the team an identity and helps a young QB out. It’s just kind of a hold your nose thing to potentially miss on two high picks who are similar for similar reasons, especially since you’re partially taking Neal because Becton is a question. How he ends the season will be noteworthy.

But definitely easier to project draft picks, especially day three and sometimes annoyingly on day two, by looking at where the backups are weak. Day two early day three is more where backups are weak and starters could be upgraded and/or are expiring.

Positional value wise and need wise that just dumps a ton of positions into the round 2-4 range. Tight end, safety, linebacker that’s where need is going to match value. For RT, center, and RG it’s the same situation. And I don’t think WR or RB can be ruled out. Edge would be perfect too. They can address two of those spots in the first round and some in free agency but there are going to be a lot of spots they could address there. Some they could certainly pass on too but I think you end up with the following offseason being pretty ugly.

Between that and the need/value mismatch early moving down with at least one of the first round picks makes sense. You can get into a range where need/value match up and accumulate selections where they match up too.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, derp said:

Neal definitely fits their “type” too. Assuming he and Becton stay healthy you’ve got pretty unique tackles to prepare for who fit what you want to run scheme wise. And building that outside zone run game and being able to go in both directions gives the team an identity and helps a young QB out. It’s just kind of a hold your nose thing to potentially miss on two high picks who are similar for similar reasons, especially since you’re partially taking Neal because Becton is a question. How he ends the season will be noteworthy.

But definitely easier to project draft picks, especially day three and sometimes annoyingly on day two, by looking at where the backups are weak. Day two early day three is more where backups are weak and starters could be upgraded and/or are expiring.

Positional value wise and need wise that just dumps a ton of positions into the round 2-4 range. Tight end, safety, linebacker that’s where need is going to match value. For RT, center, and RG it’s the same situation. And I don’t think WR or RB can be ruled out. Edge would be perfect too. They can address two of those spots in the first round and some in free agency but there are going to be a lot of spots they could address there. Some they could certainly pass on too but I think you end up with the following offseason being pretty ugly.

Between that and the need/value mismatch early moving down with at least one of the first round picks makes sense. You can get into a range where need/value match up and accumulate selections where they match up too.

Neal definitely gives the team a ton of versatility, especially with Fant here for another year, you have 3 above average tackles potentially with two young possible studs and two tackles that can play both left and right.  Thats a lot of options to help with injuries or performance issues.  Couple that with McGoverns ability to play two spots and AVT's ability to play either guard or tackle and you have the recipe for a young flexible offensive line.  The idea honestly has grown on me. 

I think with the state of the team, every position is in play for an upgrade.  Thats what makes it so interesting because the jets can truly go in any direction especially in the mid rounds. I agree that the value in this draft seems to be more in the middle rounds 2-4 where positional value, and BPA meet. 

I think Seattles pick is a prime move down pick unless some of the QBs get hot. This sort of reminds me of the 2017 draft where the QBs went in that 10-15 range, and one guy went early.  I could see that happening this year where one guy gets hot in the predraft process and goes top 5 but the other guys are 10-15 range. If we could trade seattles pick back from that range to the mid 20s and recoup a 2nd or 3rd + it would really help to add some more positional value to the draft for us.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Neal definitely gives the team a ton of versatility, especially with Fant here for another year, you have 3 above average tackles potentially with two young possible studs and two tackles that can play both left and right.  Thats a lot of options to help with injuries or performance issues.  Couple that with McGoverns ability to play two spots and AVT's ability to play either guard or tackle and you have the recipe for a young flexible offensive line.  The idea honestly has grown on me. 

I think with the state of the team, every position is in play for an upgrade.  Thats what makes it so interesting because the jets can truly go in any direction especially in the mid rounds. I agree that the value in this draft seems to be more in the middle rounds 2-4 where positional value, and BPA meet. 

I think Seattles pick is a prime move down pick unless some of the QBs get hot. This sort of reminds me of the 2017 draft where the QBs went in that 10-15 range, and one guy went early.  I could see that happening this year where one guy gets hot in the predraft process and goes top 5 but the other guys are 10-15 range. If we could trade seattles pick back from that range to the mid 20s and recoup a 2nd or 3rd + it would really help to add some more positional value to the draft for us.  

Yeah I think that Seattle pick is potentially a prime one to move down, much as I am a huge fan of Linderbaum. They weren’t that good with Wilson so hopefully they struggle down the stretch.

Most interesting thing to me will be pass catchers as the whole tight end group needs to be upgraded and they could use quality depth with Crowder and Cole expiring. Just three guys coming back. Wide receiver is basically in play all draft. Will be closely monitoring your takes there as the process continues.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, derp said:

Yeah I think that Seattle pick is potentially a prime one to move down, much as I am a huge fan of Linderbaum. They weren’t that good with Wilson so hopefully they struggle down the stretch.

Most interesting thing to me will be pass catchers as the whole tight end group needs to be upgraded and they could use quality depth with Crowder and Cole expiring. Just three guys coming back. Wide receiver is basically in play all draft. Will be closely monitoring your takes there as the process continues.

I'm a big big linderbaum fan, but i would understand if JD went Neal top 5 instead due to positional value. Both do a lot for this offensive line.  Personally, I think Linderbaum is the better player, but I can understand the logic behind not taking him top 5. 

TE and WR are going to be in play at any point. I think they add at least 1 TE during FA, but then in the draft id be surprised if one of the top 4 picks werent used on a TE, especially since there are some good ones coming out. WR I really have to look through this year, I havent gotten a chance to really dive in, but with my season coming to a close soon ill have more time to dive into the talent pool there and get some better opinions on guys. 

• Upvote 1

I'm a big big linderbaum fan, but i would understand if JD went Neal top 5 instead due to positional value. Both do a lot for this offensive line.  Personally, I think Linderbaum is the better player, but I can understand the logic behind not taking him top 5. 

TE and WR are going to be in play at any point. I think they add at least 1 TE during FA, but then in the draft id be surprised if one of the top 4 picks werent used on a TE, especially since there are some good ones coming out. WR I really have to look through this year, I havent gotten a chance to really dive in, but with my season coming to a close soon ill have more time to dive into the talent pool there and get some better opinions on guys. 

I also know we've talked about Linderbaum in the top 5 but we might be the only people who are talking about Linderbaum in the top 5. I kind of doubt they double dip on OL and if they can take Linderbaum with the Seattle pick that's way cleaner than Neal with their own pick and there's a chance that's in play. I'd think edge->Linderbaum is a possibility, but I'd prefer a move down somewhere. And who knows, maybe Linderbaum's gone and I'm dead wrong, but I do think there's a reasonable chance he goes in the teens.

Tried to address every level of the defense because, well, we need it. Like O’Neal and Harris to add some nastiness to the D. O’Neal seems like the type that they’d try to convert to LB.

11. Kenyon Green - OG Texas A&M

18. Tyler Linderbaum - OC Iowa

37. Justyn Ross - WR Clemson

46. Trent McDuffie - CB Washington

60. Christian Harris - LB Alabama

68. Nik Bonitto - EDGE Oklahoma

79. Leon O'Neal Jr. - S Texas A&M

80. Jahleel Billingsley - TE Alabama

114. Chris Hinton - DT Michigan

116. Sevyn Banks - CB Ohio State

On 11/12/2021 at 4:38 PM, derp said:

I also know we've talked about Linderbaum in the top 5 but we might be the only people who are talking about Linderbaum in the top 5. I kind of doubt they double dip on OL and if they can take Linderbaum with the Seattle pick that's way cleaner than Neal with their own pick and there's a chance that's in play. I'd think edge->Linderbaum is a possibility, but I'd prefer a move down somewhere. And who knows, maybe Linderbaum's gone and I'm dead wrong, but I do think there's a reasonable chance he goes in the teens.

a lot of OL needy teams out there, i cant see him making it past the 12-15 range personally but who knows. center gets devalued a lot