18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Nick Foles is awful.  Bring in nick mullins to help zach understand the system.

Zach is playing week 1. He will be fine.

That's fine, if Mullins is available. Maybe the Jets already have a handshake deal with him to sign any day now.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jets really botched this, if this draft is as good as some say the Jets really should have had or need to go get a veteran who can actually play and win, there were plenty of guys available earlier in

Wilson 100% starts week one.

Wilson shouldn't be the starter.  They should sit him a year like they did with Mahomes. Like Bart just said on SNY - they should get Foles in here.

Posted Images

19 hours ago, choon328 said:

Saleh already said he has no issues starting a Rookie QB. The writing is on the wall. He's starting,  just like Lawrence. 

The only reason Trey Lance will not start most likely as the 3rd QB picked is 1) he is very raw and needs a year or two to develop and 2) say what you want about Garappalo but he did play in a SB so he should start till Lance is ready unless he is a goner before then. Lawrence and Wilson were destined to start from day 1 on their respective teams because both teams need an identity and won't get one starting some has been that never was.  Oh, and that includes Foles that outside of like 7-8 games of his entire career he has looked like one of the worst QB ever in the NFL. It just so happens that 6 of those games were playoffs and a SB he won and there were a few games leading up to that he looked good in the regular season. And, this was all only on the Eagles that this occurred and for those games he just clicked with them. The other teams he played on he should be tried and convicted for stealing the money he got for being less than a PS squad QB level talent.

19 hours ago, Jethead said:

Foles makes too much sense not to happen. Likely will appeal to both sides and the relationship to make it a smooth transaction is in place.

Even so, my money is on Zach being the Jets day 1 starter. If he's not it means some kind of yellow light went on in preseason. Remember, "All gas, no brake."

Jets will likely wait a little longer to see if the Bears cut Foles and they would then not only have to give up no draft picks, but not be saddled with the money he would make, though it is I believe in line now with a backup QB salary. As long as it's not an issue with Foles throwing the Bears one of our 6th rounders next year for him still leaves us with 10 draft picks and assures no other team gets Foles if we want him that bad as a backup.

19 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Wilson 100% starts week one.

Yep. Believe they said they are preparing him to start week 1. He’ll get every rep he needs in camp. No splitting. Kinda glad they aren’t making this situation too difficult on themselves. They picked him #2 overall. He’ll start.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Jets will likely wait a little longer to see if the Bears cut Foles and they would then not only have to give up no draft picks, but not be saddled with the money he would make, though it is I believe in line now with a backup QB salary. As long as it's not an issue with Foles throwing the Bears one of our 6th rounders next year for him still leaves us with 10 draft picks and assures no other team gets Foles if we want him that bad as a backup.

The Bears lose cap space if he gets cut.  They'll trade him but it won't likely be till after June 1st so they can get maximum cap relief. 

Justin Herbert just won rookie of the year with no preseason and a shortened training camp, putting up the best rookie season for a qb ever. Sitting is overrated, Josh Allen sat for one game before he was thrust into the starting role and he was raw as hell.

• Upvote 1

I don't believe in the sit and learn from the sidelines school of thought. You gain experience from playing. I have no expectations for the Jets in 2021 except to see Wilson show he's a legit FQB and that's not measured by wins and losses (this season). We'll get a good indication by using the eyeball method of evaluation rather than the statistical metrics.

I also want to see the OL, WR's and RB's guys develop chemistry along with the coaching staff fine tune their systems, both offense and defense.

• Upvote 1

Maybe they do hire the veteran but I am not getting the feeling they feel having a veteran "presence" is important. I think they are confident in developing him with their coaching staff

Reminds me how “no training camp” was an excuse for Sam’s bad performance this year when every player was in the same boat and rookie QBs were blowing up.

True FQBs can’t be broken or denied, at worst delayed. You have it or you don’t. Put Zach in. 

Start this BEAST.....boy!!!
IMG_20210503_192611.thumb.jpg.0d7f16f9b634a560bb222fc80d7742c4.jpg

..... Side note Beastboy is a way better nickname than Zachapono....
Marvin the Martian finds this image racist.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

63b8bbe4162b3f7eb6a070230155a15c.jpg
  • Haha 1
On 5/2/2021 at 8:19 PM, TheMo said:

Jets Fans: Mahomes would have never been as good here. We would have thrown him in too fast. He's good cause Reid/KC were smart and let him learn behind a vet for a year while building the team up.

Also Jets fans: Wilson should 100% start from day 1. He's the next Mahomes!!!

Reid had a jag quality NFL starter. (By JAG, not elite but a quality starter)  None are available.  Reid had a playoff team with JAG quality NFL starter.  JAG NFL starter couldn't be traded until the following year because of contract.

We don't have a none elite NFL starter available.  We don't have a playoff team.  We can get a JAG backup who will lose games with our team and put huge pressure on rookie coaching staff to throw in Zach.  The throw in Zach if he's not the starter will not get first team reps in TC or pre-season games.  He will just be thrown in. 

Zach should get all the first team reps, Zach should be the starter.  If he's overwhelmed Zach should be taken out to sit and Morgan should be the next man up.  

On 5/2/2021 at 8:19 PM, TheMo said:

Jets Fans: Mahomes would have never been as good here. We would have thrown him in too fast. He's good cause Reid/KC were smart and let him learn behind a vet for a year while building the team up.

Also Jets fans: Wilson should 100% start from day 1. He's the next Mahomes!!!

That team was a playoff team 3 years before Mahomess got there..