Ok, here is your 1st look at the Jets 2021 Opening Day 53 Man Roster

My $.02 - Ty Johnson has a shot to bump Coleman off the roster, Wesco is in good shape as the current best FB option and the only TE besides Griffin (who’s in trouble) signed next season, McDermott should have a decent chance as a fourth tackle who has played guard, Zuniga isn’t getting cut maybe his worst case is an IR redshirt as a second year player at a key position who’s one of three players at DE signed next year along with Carl Lawson and Bryce Huff who’s going to compete with Rashed for a roster spot and probably have his hand in the dirt, Phillips is actually signed out another year too although Dawkins seems like a nice fit and could push him, and I think Austin is starting as an outside corner and signed next season reasonably so he’s probably more green than purple.

• Upvote 1

Who was the linebacker that came in mid-year and had a couple of amazing games?  Maybe a guy from the patriots. For a bit he looked like the best guy on the team flying all over making plays.  What happened to him?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Dupe said:

Who was the linebacker that came in mid-year and had a couple of amazing games?  Maybe a guy from the patriots. For a bit he looked like the best guy on the team flying all over making plays.  What happened to him?

Although you might color him red, Harvey Langi maybe should be on the linebacker list.  I think he still is a Jet.

—edit.  I see we non-tendered him.  Never mind. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

56 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Disagree on Davis- all world potential

Had an awful situation last year with covid restrictions for rookies and bad coaching

Another one I must agree with you on.  The problem I saw with Davis last year is that he plays with reckless abandon that he gets himself injured.  I think he is the definition of all gas, no brake.

If he can stay healthy, he is a player.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, Dupe said:

Bryce Hager?  He was not re-signed as of yet

4 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

The fact that we picked up so many defensive backs, I think is a testament that no one, and I mean no one is guaranteed a spot. Just an opinion.

I agree. I just think at the start of camp some players will have a leg up

• Upvote 1

I agree with this generally and am not debating the number of players allocated.

QB-if a veteran gets signed, Morgan goes to PS.

RB-Perine is probably not a fit, but cheap and depth.  

TE-Wesco could be needed as a FB, in which case Herndon or Griffin on last year could go.  A weak group.

WR-Crowder is not as expendable as expected.  I don't see Doctson making the team-someone will replace him.   Otherwise, let's see who gets injured.

OL-Those are the likely 9 this year.  Lots of PS.

DL-in a perfect world Shepherd and Foley get moved on, and roster spots filled with new prospects.  This is their last year, and neither are really a fit (Foley is good though).

LB-this is a sad group.

CB-I can see Lamar Jackson bumping someone to the PS.

S-this may be the smallest group of safeties in the NFL, on average.  Ashtyn really needs to step up. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Man that cb list is shakey

The only established gamer we have in the entire secondary is Marcus Maye.  A likely pissed off Marcus Maye after the tag business.

I look at our LB core and it’s also hard to spot great cover men.  
With the amount of youth on this team, and a new system, expect some big time coverage busts.

• Upvote 1

Cornerback and tight end need an upgrade and fortunately for JD, there are good cornerbacks waiting to get signed. OLB probably does too. Other than that, this is a wildly better football team than last year. If the coaching staff is as good as advertised, this could be an 8-9-10 win football team. Especially on a 4th place schedule 

The offensive system is getting a lot of hype - the Shanahan blocking scheme should make an already improved line look even better and open up the run game considerably. The Jets are stacked at WR as well... if Zach Wilson continues his upward trajectory this offense could be the best we’ve seen in green in a long time

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Cornerback and tight end need an upgrade and fortunately for JD, there are good cornerbacks waiting to get signed. OLB probably does too. Other than that, this is a wildly better football team than last year. If the coaching staff is as good as advertised, this could be an 8-9-10 win football team. Especially on a 4th place schedule 

I think Cashman or, if he gets hurt, Phillips is the third LB when they run 4-3-4.  Otherwise its a 4-2-5 or 4-1-6-with 6, can basically be the best 6 Db types potentially available players to play there.  

Look at the players on SF or Atlanta that make that system work.  The Jets talent on the back 7 is woefully behind at least SF's.  The offense will be ahead of the defense, for the first time anyone can remember. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Ashtyn Davis is not a lock and Perine is definitely on a bubble. 

I don't know about the bold. Davis; Joe Douglas see's something in this kid. 

This kid as a rookie didn't have the right coaching staff. Gregg Williams I despised him he's a coward wants to hurt kids and legends I never wanted him inside our locker room anywhere near our kids.

Adam Gase too? Kid never had a chance. 

I can't wait to watch Davis play on fire under coach Robert Saleh. Ashtyn is fast. He's really fast. Track star type of speed. Robert Saleh wants his kids to play fast with their heads on fire too;

it could become the perfect match. 

With a new culture? We could easily see some of our 2020 rookies, who we questioned under Gase; begin to flourish signs of LIFE under coach Saleh and his coordinators. 

Let's not let Gase determine who can play ball and who can't. The idiot ran Frank Gore HB dives into opposing DTs at least 15x per game. And made younger talents sit and watch the freak show my daughter she's 9 she can call better plays on Madden on rookie level than that guy did. He ruined us. That 2-14 stink belongs to him; JD was forced to just go for the ride and go through the motions (and that he did). 

• Upvote 1

You have GVR as a lock, I think it's 50/50 between him and lewis right now and I have a feeling Joe really likes Lewis.

Also I completely forgot about Josh Doctson, I wonder if he hadn't opted out last year what kind of season he could have had with all the injury's to our WR core.

• Upvote 3