Could the Dolphins crash and burn?

They made quite a few mistakes and lucked into that leremy Tunisian trade when Houston flamed out.

Then San Francisco lost their minds and traded up for a QB so they continue to have valuable draft capital. 

if they trade for Watson we are basically @$&l Ed, but if they give tua the three to four year FQB treatment the wheels will fall off.

The best move they made was Brian Flores who is a really great defensive coach. 

• Upvote 2

Umm no, they are a good all round team, and Tua was a rookie last year and will probably take a leap this year. Unsure why people keep judging rookie QB's  when it can take up to 3 years before a true picture can be formed. Pats will be much tougher and Bills had a terrific yet unspectacular offseason

• Upvote 4

They had a potentially good draft and they were pretty good before hand.  They really needed to get a proper RB if you ask me.

They will be decent.

The team I have picked since late last year for a big fall much to our benefit is Seattle.

No real improvement through the draft, disgruntled QB.  Their div rivals have improved.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Wit said:

They made quite a few mistakes and lucked into that leremy Tunisian trade when Houston flamed out.

Then San Francisco lost their minds and traded up for a QB so they continue to have valuable draft capital. 

if they trade for Watson we are basically @$&l Ed, but if they give tua the three to four year FQB treatment the wheels will fall off.

The best move they made was Brian Flores who is a really great defensive coach. 

They no longer have the draft capital to trade for Watson. They'll be picking in the 20's next year.  Without looking I would think the Eagles would prob be on the odds on favorite as of now if this thing happened. 

17 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Im seeing a bunch of list where the the Dolphins had the best draft in the NFL this year. They have got sooo much love. 

But I kind of don't get it?

Firstly they picked Tua over Herbert. If this happened in NY planes would be flown immediately to fire the whole FO. They won a bunch of games with Fitz. But he's gone. 

This year they: Passed on the opportunity to take Pitts at 3. They also could have stayed at 12 and drafted Fields . But I think they got cute in thinking they would get Chase or Pitts and lost both. I love Waddle like the rest of you. But hes 5'9 coming off an injured season. He is not Chase or Pitts. Was he really worth an extra first round pick? What happens if hes more like Ruggs was last year as WR's take time to develop. Then they follow it up with Jaelen Phillips who is a concussion or two from possibly retiring again. Love Jaelen but isn't your whole team injured?

This is after wasting a ton of money on FA's like Van Noy. All those picks from Tunsil are done and theyll be drafting super late next year(Niners pick). Meaning they're not getting a QB next year if Tua fails. I hate to say but when I look at that offense I see injury risk everywhere. Tua, Devante Parker, PED Fuller, Waddle leg surgery, Preston Williams and even Gaskin was injured. How many games/snaps did all these guys play last year?

Anyone else seeing a crash and burn in Miami ? Like fire the FO and start over in a year or two kinda thing? 

If I am the Fins (ACK!), then the initial trade down made sense.  They had their QB and the #11 pick was going to yield one of the top prospects since there were nine of them and the top two picks were going to be QBs.  Chase, Pitts, Smith, Waddle, Surtain, Horn, Parsons, Sewell or Slater were certain to be a Fin.  Yet they traded back up and coughed up a #1 to do it.  Impossible to understand imo.  But Waddle is a serious man.  

I like Phillips a lot.  Best of this year's edge imo.  But you are right, there is some risk there.  

I could see them have issues.  But they killed it last year with their offensive line picks.  Jackson and Hunt are solid but not spectacular.  But Kindley is a stud.  I think everything depends on Tua.   His development will tell the story.

• Upvote 2

The Dolphins are a solid team that's just now adding explosive play makers but everything will hinge on Tua....I actually think we could see the Bills fall off a cliff once they pay Allen they haven't drafted well for like 3 years.

• WTF? 2

I think this is simple.  As Tua goes, the Dolphins go.  If he turns into a solid starting QB, they will be playoff contenders.  If he gets sidetracked by injury or just doesn't develop, then they will spin their wheels.  They have a good coach, and good, if not great, talent on the roster.  I think they pick well but trade poorly and if not for the ridiculously lucky Tunsil trade, would be a lot worse off.

• Upvote 2

Simple, they go as Tua goes.  If he stinks, the team won't go as far as they should.  Lucky for them, they have enough firepower next year to either acquire a QB who will via trade or the draft.  The Dolphins have done well at least covering themselves if Tua is a bust.  Great time to be a fins fan regardless...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

They no longer have the draft capital to trade for Watson. They'll be picking in the 20's next year.  Without looking I would think the Eagles would prob be on the odds on favorite as of now if this thing happened. 

They still have 3 1st rd pick's from the 49'er deal and probably the only team that would touch Watson..

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Im seeing a bunch of list where the the Dolphins had the best draft in the NFL this year. They have got sooo much love. 

Firstly they picked Tua over Herbert. If this happened in NY planes would be flown immediately to fire the whole FO. They won a bunch of games with Fitz. But he's gone. 

This year they: Passed on the opportunity to take Pitts at 3. They also could have stayed at 12 and drafted Fields . But I think they got cute in thinking they would get Chase or Pitts and lost both. I love Waddle like the rest of you. But hes 5'9 coming off an injured season. He is not Chase or Pitts. Was he really worth an extra first round pick? What happens if hes more like Ruggs was last year as WR's take time to develop. Then they follow it up with Jaelen Phillips who is a concussion or two from possibly retiring again. Love Jaelen but isn't your whole team injured?

This is after wasting a ton of money on FA's like Van Noy. All those picks from Tunsil are done and theyll be drafting super late next year(Niners pick). Meaning they're not getting a QB next year if Tua fails. I hate to say but when I look at that offense I see injury risk everywhere. Tua, Devante Parker, PED Fuller, Waddle leg surgery, Preston Williams and even Gaskin was injured. How many games/snaps did all these guys play last year?

Anyone else seeing a crash and burn in Miami ? Like fire the FO and start over in a year or two kinda thing? 

no... not 1 bit.

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Not a big Tua fan, they are giving him time, but I could see things go full Darnold in Miami.

Won't happen... the jets gave Sam NOTHING... Miami is giving Tua as much as they can & they have the ammo to continue to do that for several years.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

Their QB is Tua... how can someone be content with that? 

Our fan base just spent 3 years playing Darnold Excuse Twister. Tua -- in his 9 career starts and coming back from a devestating injury -- has been superior in every way to Darnold. If Darnold had any 9 game stretch in his career like Tua's career to date, he's probably still be here.

image.thumb.png.1ea05ce004064802fa14cfaf582b5811.png

• Haha 3

They have a much better overall roster than we do.  They aren't going to crash and burn.  The question is with less resources is Zach going to be substantially better than Tua and Mac Jones?  Will the BIlls have to break the bank to sign Allen for stupid money and disrupt their roster in order to pay him?  

In Zach we either have the goods or we don't.   Miami is going to be good if Tua is mediocre.  If Tua is really good they will be really good and probably be in the hunt for a deep playoff run for a few years. 

There is also another wild card.  Both Watson and Rodgers will probably have to be moved.  Will one of them end up in Miami?  

The reason we moved on from Sam is not because we didn't think Sam could be a competent NFL QB.  It's because we think Zach can be a great NFL QB while still on his rookie contract.  

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Fck the Dolphins, unless they're breathing down our necks or upsetting the apple cart when it matters, WHO CARES. The true pukes of the AFCE, younger Jets fans goggles often get foggy over how deep the hatred runs because of the comparative "newness" of Constipated Bill, Shady, and Uncle Ernie's Traveling Tapescapades. Well, I say remember thy history and make the Miami hatred bloom anew. Miami was cheating before The Cheats. The Mud Bowl: Never Forget. 

The more they fail the better I feel so hate the Dolphins at every meal. It rhymed, whaddaya want.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

They have received way too much praise God what they have actually done in recent years but they have the makings of a good team.  Obviously a lot depends on Tia, if they don't make the playoffs this year the seat gets warm for their HC.

2 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Fck the Dolphins. They're the true pukes of the AFCE. Younger Jets fans goggles often get foggy over how deep the hatred once was because of the comparative "newness" of Constipated Bill, Shady, and Uncle Ernie's Traveling Tapescapades. Well, I say remember thy history and make the Miami hatred bloom anew. Miami was cheating before The Cheats. The Mud Bowl: Never Forget. 

The more they fail the better I feel so hate the Dolphins at every meal. It rhymed, whaddaya want.

Spot on here! Only the Raiders have been hated longer. Shula was the evil emperor long before Bill. Phuck the Phins!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Spot on here! Only the Raiders have been hated longer. Shula was the evil emperor long before Bill. Phuck the Phins!

1 or both teams have been bad for so long the rivalry kind of died.  Maybe this is the beginning of bringing it back?  

1 minute ago, Jethead said:

Caught editing my hatred, lol. It's more hateful now though, I think. Anyway, somebody who gets it.

Seeing The Lord (Chad Pennington) in a Dolphins jersey for the first time was a shock to the body. And forget about when I first heard about the trade, I practically had chest pains. I swear I was burping up garlic on an empty stomach when I didn't eat any garlic the day before so deep was my agita. Then he knocked us out of playoff contention and became comeback player of the year, LMFAO, why God, WHY.

• Haha 1