Breer On The Wilson Process

10 minutes ago, KRL said:

If you’ve watched coaches’ tape before, you’ve seen how, before a play is shown, a shot of the scoreboard comes up to establish the point of the game the play is taken from, down-and-distance, etc. Well, at one point, in a meeting with Wilson, Knapp had the screen frozen on such a frame. Wilson immediately told him what was coming. He took him through the play call. He took him through the defense’s call. He told him how a certain corner would usually be in the coverage associated with the call. He explained his throw. Then, he told him why the coaches called the play and how it was worked into the practice week.

Suffice it to say, that impressed the coaches, and it wasn’t the only time it happened. Again, the formation presnap wasn’t even on the screen yet.

You mean to tell me, that Zach Wilson described a Football play and the coverage associated with the call???????????

Tim And Eric Mind Blown GIF

• Thumb Down 12
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, JiFapono said:

No.  Not really.   Everyone QB can do this.  Hell, give some highlights of my intramural Flag Football Championship game from 22 years ago and I can tell you the exact play, down and distance and my entire thought process as I willed our team to victory!

I understand that but I get the feeling they might not only be asking about high and low lights. I imagine his recall extends to most of the plays. No offense but I'm sure he's got quite a few more plays in his mental bank than you do. Also if it was enough to impress 4 professional football coaches and a writer, maybe it should be taken at face value.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jetscanes331 said:

I understand that but I get the feeling they might not only be asking about high and low lights. I imagine his recall extends to most of the plays. No offense but I'm sure he's got quite a few more plays in his mental bank than you do. Also if it was enough to impress 4 professional football coaches and a writer, maybe it should be taken at face value.

jetcane - my man!  The Flag Football reference, was a joke.

Real talk - this stuff is reported every single year, about every single QB.  It literally means absolutely nothing.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

Just now, JiFapono said:

oh, please explain...

I'm all ears.

You already were told what he did just by looking at the tape.  

It impresses offensive minds like LaFleur and defensive minds like Saleh.

Not good enough when your guy couldn't and wasnt allowed to read defenses, needed cards on the sidelines for help.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jbt said:

how did you go undrafted that year?

I was listed at 6'1, 215.  Real height and weigh; 6'0, 195.   Rumors were I'd run in the low 4.4/4.5 range, old high school ankle injury knocked that down to around a 4.9.  I had Chad Pennington like touch and placement but my off platform stuff had a lot be desired.  It was the off script the scouts loved but when the testing came out, the got gun shy.  I get it.  Bounced around as UDFA for a little while, tried to make the switch place kicker but they didnt love my swing.  Spent a few years in the Arena League but early signs of CTE really impacted my longevity. 

I know, save the sob story for someone who cares! 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You already were told what he did just by looking at the tape.  

It impresses offensive minds like LaFleur and defensive minds like Saleh.

Not good enough when your guy couldn't and wasnt allowed to read defenses, needed cards on the sidelines for help.

Oh, so I actually, didnt miss the point of the exercise! Sweet!

Just now, Jet Nut said:

No your point is to crash the Wilson thread and ruin it for others 

I'm ruining the "the Wilson" thread for others?  lmfao.  You're amazing.   This is the one and only thread, the exclusive place to talk about our new QB!!!!  Honestly, bro, my bad, I didnt know this was the only thread that we talked about Zach Wilson.  My apologizes for mocking a fluff piece celebrating something that every single QB in college Football can do, totally unfair and who am I to share my opinion?  right?!!!!

I'll make sure moving forward, I only say the nicest of things about Zachypoo so that I dont hurt your feelings and ruin it for others, okay, sweetheart ////rubs his back to console his little stressed out heart.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Larz said:

I stand corrected. Ankle socks is big enough. Didn’t know he has ADHD. My son has it. Anybody that makes fun of this kids socks is getting a power shot from me, got that?!?

My kid has it too along with sensory issues.

I can’t even get socks on him.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Ah, I missed the Wilson thread cattiness. We’re back on track!

I'm legit shocked that post triggered people so much.  I didnt insult Zach.  I didnt knock him.  I didnt do anything of the sort.  I was simply was laughing at the idea that him remembering a play, is some type of special skill.  All QB's can do this, all of them, every single one of them.  lol

I'm not bashing Zach, at all.  I'm bashing the stupidity of that take as if it means anything.

I know we're all a little very sensitive these days, this draft stuff is super duper important and the stuff we posted on the interwebz is a HUGE deal but maybe we could all just chill a bit?  The draft is over.  Zach's our dude.  I'm stoked for Zachypoo.  I hope he's great.  If he is, I promise you, it's not because he remembered play from college.

• Thumb Down 3

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I swear... Sanchez and Darnold were two of the biggest 1st round dummies playing QB in the NFL Ive ever seen.  Weak football minds and extremely slow processors.  Defense always one step ahead of them.  At least Pennington, when healthy, could read the f'ing field somewhat.  Sanchez had zero ability to do so and Darnold... well the line was so bad it's hard to tell, but there were way too many plays where he was not under pressure but still threw it straight into coverage instead of the open man.  Both Darnold and Sanchez had the physical talent and bodies needed for success.  Neither had the football smarts and brain processing speed necessary  (well maybe Darnold can finally show some signs in Carolina).

He won't.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TommyT said:

What you are missing from this thread is no one gives a sh!t what you think or cares what you find a need to say.

^^^responded to me because he clearly gives a sh*t and needs to hear what I have to say.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

He’s still highly emotional over the loss of Fields. It shall pass with time 

I think it's funny you guys think this is a thing.  I dont think you all realize how little I give AF about Justin Fields.  He could bust out of the league and I wouldnt care one ******* bit.  I just liked him as a prospect, along with thousands over other dudes who have come and gone from college to the NFL.  

Prediction; next year, I will like a prospect and I will share my opinion of said prospect.   I know, I know, I know, it's crazy, crazy!!!! of me to share that opinion on a Football message board where people like, share opinions but the world is full of crazy sh*t, ya know? 

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I think it's funny you guys think this is a thing.  I dont think you all realize how little I give AF about Justin Fields.  He could bust out of the league and I wouldnt care one ******* bit.  I just liked him as a prospect, along with thousands over other dudes who have come and gone from college to the NFL.  

Prediction; next year, I will like a prospect and I will share my opinion of said prospect.   I know, I know, I know, it's crazy, crazy!!!! of me to share that opinion on a Football message board where people like, share opinions but I the world is full of crazy sh*t, ya know? 

My problem is with folks who go 100%--hook, line and sinker--with any prospect just because a Jet GM/HC says it's the right move.  Remember all the "trust Gase", "trust Mcc", "Trust Rex", "trust Tanny" b/s?

• Upvote 2