• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/05/03/mmqb-matt-nagy-justin-fields-trey-lance-aaron-rodgers-daily-cover   This was a different type of draft year, and everyone had to get as creative as they cou

You mean to tell me, that Zach Wilson described a Football play and the coverage associated with the call???????????  

how did you go undrafted that year?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

No.  Not really.   Everyone QB can do this.  Hell, give some highlights of my intramural Flag Football Championship game from 22 years ago and I can tell you the exact play, down and distance and my entire thought process as I willed our team to victory!

You really think this?  That every QB could recall that information based off a scoreboard screen cap?

• Upvote 4
36 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

So the Jets FO had Zach above Trevor. Wow. 

In what they felt was a better fit for their scheme... that really isn't much of an issue... it's similar to a player playing out of position... NC 1st started Lawrence Taylor as a middle linebacker... he was terrible... they switched him to OLB & the rest is history.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Nice! I can remember every pre and post game meal I ever had. Delicious, great call! 

Yeah but can you do it just by looking at the grocery store receipt? 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I'll make sure moving forward, I only say the nicest of things about Zachypoo so that I dont hurt your feelings and ruin it for others, okay, sweetheart ////rubs his back to console his little stressed out heart.

No, you’re a grown man and you know what you’re doing and exactly how you’re doing it. I mean, honestly, what are you even going on about? It’s not impressive to you? QB’s do it all the time?(they don’t btw), fine, but no one is blind and everyone sees you’re doing some intentional slighting to poke the bear, when you know damn well, if the pick was Fields you would be in here enjoying the hell out of yourself & probably telling us how rare it is he can recall those plays instead of telling us how common it is.(Too bad Fields has the processor of a 68 year old man) The narrative & limitations of impression changes with each QB for you.

Petty —why don’t you cut it the hell out once & for all?

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You mean to tell me, that Zach Wilson described a Football play and the coverage associated with the call???????????

Tim And Eric Mind Blown GIF

out of curiousity, in forming your infallible opinion on the QB class, how many zoom calls did you conduct while watching coaches' film? (initial post edited as it made absolutely no sense)

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

No your point is to crash the Wilson thread and ruin it for others 

actually, it's to stake out a position beforehand, whereas if wilson doesn't succeed, he can claim he was right.  and if wilson does indeed succeed, he will claim he's a jets fan like all of us and he just wants whats best for the team

win-win for him

• Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

out of curiousity, in forming your infallible opinion on the QB class, how many did you conduct zoom calls with and watch coaches' film with?

He didn’t have to. Remember, JiF should be a GM, as he told us. JiF knows more than the rest of us. When JiF takes a sh*t, it smells like a bundle of roses.

• Haha 4

I'm ruining the "the Wilson" thread for others?  lmfao.  You're amazing.   This is the one and only thread, the exclusive place to talk about our new QB!!!!  Honestly, bro, my bad, I didnt know this was the only thread that we talked about Zach Wilson.  My apologizes for mocking a fluff piece celebrating something that every single QB in college Football can do, totally unfair and who am I to share my opinion?  right?!!!!

I'll make sure moving forward, I only say the nicest of things about Zachypoo so that I dont hurt your feelings and ruin it for others, okay, sweetheart ////rubs his back to console his little stressed out heart.

So Butt hurt haha 

You already were told what he did just by looking at the tape.  
It impresses offensive minds like LaFleur and defensive minds like Saleh.
Not good enough when your guy couldn't and wasnt allowed to read defenses, needed cards on the sidelines for help.

And traffic signals

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

thanks to the OP for posting this.  love reading such insight into the process.  

wilson may or may not be the answer.  i'm sure we all hope he is.  but it's great to read the efforts the staff went through in coming to the decision.

• Upvote 4
Just now, jetblue95 said:

yeah, but more importantly, he can claim he was right!!!

Some of these guys are too old to be acting like huge babies who play spiteful because they didn’t get their way. Enjoy handling the conflict of rooting for the Jets & rooting against Zach Wilson at the same time. It won’t work if you’re wondering.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

i think its pretty hilarous that they had fred werner hug him so they can scout his size in comparison...

Pretty smart actually. Remember there weren’t any team visits this year. 

• Upvote 1

GROUP HUG???????????  

COME ON GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS SQUEEZE EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE OUT THE AGRESSION!!!!  YOU HATE ME!!!!!!   I KNOW IT!!!!!   SQUEEZE MY GUTS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your schtick is becoming a bit of a bore. Trying too hard, me thinks. Carry on...

• Upvote 3

This is what I am thinking now if I am JD and the Johnsons:

• Although we can argue whether it is the best system (for the Northeast I would prefer a Ravens/Steelers offense and defense, which we basically used to have), we have adopted the Shanahan offense and Carroll defense.  
  • We have drafted a QB at 2 who should be able to execute the offense almost perfectly, if he holds up.  Let's find a backup who can do that as well.  Not sold on Morgan.  Don't think Foles is that guy either.  Mullens, maybe Hoyer.
  • We drafted a bunch of athletes to play the back 7 of the defense.  Let's get these guys signed, in the weight room, and developed, and let's keep doing that. 
  • The Jets should be constantly looking for a second QB for this system.   Morgan was likely a poor man's Manning dropback Gase prospect who may not suit the Shanahan/LeFleur system that we own now.  Davis Mills could have been a flyer.   I really like the idea of "next QB up."  
  • Upvote 2
54 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

My problem is with folks who go 100%--hook, line and sinker--with any prospect just because a Jet GM/HC says it's the right move.  Remember all the "trust Gase", "trust Mcc", "Trust Rex", "trust Tanny" b/s?

Yeah, that's an all timer.  Especially since we know half the board could have done a better job then those dudes but I'm used to the onslaught.  It was no different when I was pro Watson/Mahomes and half the board was telling me their bust/4th round picks and they either still believed in Hack, liked Trubisky better or wanted to wait for Darnold.  Let me repeat, these same dues railing on me this year preferred; Hackenberg, Trubisky and Darnold over Watson/Mahomes.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

It was no different when I was pro Watson/Mahomes and half the board was telling me their bust/4th round picks and they either still believed in Hack, liked Trubisky better

“IT WAS NO DIFFERENT FROM LAST TIME I WAS RIGHT AS **** AND YOU WERE ALL WRONG” 

Lol ok Bill Polian

• Haha 2
46 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You really think this?  That every QB could recall that information based off a scoreboard screen cap?

Yes.  no doubt.

30 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

No, you’re a grown man and you know what you’re doing and exactly how you’re doing it. I mean, honestly, what are you even going on about? It’s not impressive to you? QB’s do it all the time?(they don’t btw), fine, but no one is blind and everyone sees you’re doing some intentional slighting to poke the bear, when you know damn well, if the pick was Fields you would be in here enjoying the hell out of yourself & probably telling us how rare it is he can recall those plays instead of telling us how common it is.(Too bad Fields has the processor of a 68 year old man) The narrative & limitations of impression changes with each QB for you.

Petty —why don’t you cut it the hell out once & for all?

Do you want a back rub too sweetheart?  I have two hands. 

GROUP HUG???????????  

COME ON GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS SQUEEZE EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE OUT THE AGRESSION!!!!  YOU HATE ME!!!!!!   I KNOW IT!!!!!   SQUEEZE MY GUTS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate you

Hug declined

• Haha 2
29 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

out of curiousity, in forming your infallible opinion on the QB class, how many zoom calls did you conduct while watching coaches' film? (initial post edited as it made absolutely no sense)

My beer league softball team interviewed pitchers during covid, it's the same thing.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

My problem is with folks who go 100%--hook, line and sinker--with any prospect just because a Jet GM/HC says it's the right move.  Remember all the "trust Gase", "trust Mcc", "Trust Rex", "trust Tanny" b/s?

And always remember you can't build a team with a QB that doesn't have the proper build..:cheers:

38 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Yeah but can you do it just by looking at the grocery store receipt? 

No, but only because he ate that with the ring dings on the waddle back to the car

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Do you want a back rub too sweetheart?  I have two hands. 

I’ll take the Deshaun Watson special as a means of pay back for pissing in my coffee this morning.

30 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

actually, it's to stake out a position beforehand, whereas if wilson doesn't succeed, he can claim he was right.  and if wilson does indeed succeed, he will claim he's a jets fan like all of us and he just wants whats best for the team

win-win for him

That's some next level chess playing right there.  This would require intelligence I do not have therefore, I will take this as a compliment.

See Mrs. Wilson.  We can be friends! 

29 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He didn’t have to. Remember, JiF should be a GM, as he told us. JiF knows more than the rest of us. When JiF takes a sh*t, it smells like a bundle of roses.

Not so much roses but you could bottle it for sure.

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah, that's an all timer.  Especially since we know half the board could have done a better job then those dudes but I'm used to the onslaught.  It was no different when I was pro Watson/Mahomes and half the board was telling me their bust/4th round picks and they either still believed in Hack, liked Trubisky better or wanted to wait for Darnold.  Let me repeat, these same dues railing on me this year preferred; Hackenberg, Trubisky and Darnold over Watson/Mahomes.

yeah, you're definitely not the type to make "i was right, you were wrong" posts years later... 🙄

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It is. I’ve brought this up before, my favorite sports player of all time, Damian Lillard, he’s 6’2 195, that’s extremely average for a point guard. He got zero offers to big programs, he accepted the one he had that was from Weber State, he doesn’t really get noticed until his senior year, he goes #6 overall to the Trail Blazers and becomes one of the best shooters of all time, most shooter clutch of all time and has millions of game breaking accolades on his record now and he’s only 8 years in. Sometimes the dedication of the craft and the heart measure out more important.

Well hopefully Zach Wilson leads his team to a title unlike Dame (who never will). That's all I care about