Breer On The Wilson Process

27 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

So Butt hurt haha 

I know, it's crazy, you would think my opinion like actually matter or impacted Wilson or something.  The way you guys get triggered by anything I post could be a social experiment.  Grown men in full melt downs crying like teenage girls because someone posted something harmless, that really had nothing to do with Zach Wilson and everything to do with this stupid fluff piece article. 

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Wilson seems like a dude who works harder than Sanchez and darnold combined and maybe that's more important than being 6-5 or running a 4.3

I think this is the key to Wilson, and work ethic, seriousness and focus are underappreciated.  

Wilson will be 100% focused on his craft and likely not hanging out in bars in Morristown.

I like both Sanchez and Darnold, and they are both good athletes, but I never got the sense that they were football junkies like Wilson is. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

“IT WAS NO DIFFERENT FROM LAST TIME I WAS RIGHT AS **** AND YOU WERE ALL WRONG” 

Lol ok Bill Polian

I know you're a young man with a lot of maturing still to do but something you will learn in life and figure out how to accept is, sometimes people are just better then you at things.  It sucks at first.  You like, cant figure out why.  Try harder, dig deeper but just cant get there.  Some folks just have a natural talent and you'll be well served in life to recognize it early and learn that all you can do is just admire it. 

Just now, varjet said:

I think this is the key to Wilson, and work ethic, seriousness and focus are underappreciated.  

Wilson will be 100% focused on his craft and likely not hanging out in bars in Morristown.

I like both Sanchez and Darnold, and they are both good athletes, but I never got the sense that they were football junkies like Wilson is. 

i know it's unfair to criticize these guys for what we really don't know about them, but regarding darnold, i never heard anything about his film study habits.  of course there's lots of good qbs i haven't heard that about as well.  darnold seems like the type of athlete who was able to transition from lb to qb based on athletic ability and even at USC, was able to wing it too much and i wouldn't be surprised if he thought he could do that a lot in the nfl.  we may never know.

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I know you're a young man with a lot of maturing still to do but something you will learn in life and figure out how to accept is, sometimes people are just better then you at things.  It sucks at first.  You like, cant figure out why.  Try harder, dig deeper but just cant get there.  Some folks just have a natural talent and you'll be well served in life to recognize it early and learn that all you can do is just admire it. 

Now say “I recognize Zach Wilson’s talent and abilities are beyond my own comprehension skills.”

But hey, maybe if you try hard and dig deep, you can figure out why. Probably not. Which sucks but it’ll serve you in life or some sh*t Ike that.?

12 minutes ago, varjet said:

Sanchez loved the lifestyle Broadway shows Kate Upton etc 

Darnold...well Jesus. What can you say about the dude who missed a month with mono? 

Here's one legit piece of optimism: thank F we as a group will never have to debate how a person can get mono from a drinking glass again 

People loved darnold irrationally. My client has no recollection of drinking 28 coors light and making out with the most feverish ladies in New Jersey! Objection, your honor 

I have alot of reservations about ZW but him contracting a social kissing disease mid season is not among them 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Salty over the Nets loss?

Nah, never that lol. Regular season Ls at this point are meaningless to me.

I like Dame, he can ball. I'm just tired of people propping him up while simultaneously allowing him to play the role of perpetual underdog. It's time to hold him to a standard

• Upvote 1

Let's say you are an NFL owner at the Owners' Meetings.  There is a presentation given on how teams have recently fared with giving out Mega-Second Contracts to QBs.

• Watson-extended early, got big upfront payment, starting complaining and caused trouble, then got sued 22 times.  
  • Wentz-extended early, crashed, traded.
  • Goff-extended early, reached cap, traded.
  • Mahomes-extended early, mega-contract, good talented dude, will probably work out. 
  • Rodgers-not second contract, but how he wants out.
  • Luck-extended, then retired.  
  • Cousins-3 year contract, then extended.  Seems brilliant for both sides. 
  • What do the Bills do with Josh Allen?
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Sometimes they are also better than you.

Oh, the irony lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, King P said:

Nah, never that lol. Regular season Ls at this point are meaningless to me.

I like Dame, he can ball. I'm just tired of people propping him up while simultaneously allowing him to play the role of perpetual underdog. It's time to hold him to a standard

There really isn’t much more he can do than win with an injured squad like he’s done all year. Now that he’s been a hurt, himself, they’ve slipped. It happens. Far as playoff losses. He’s barely played with anyone worth a damn, CJ is up and down very often. Super streaky. Other than that, he’s had dudes like Evan Turner, Aminu, Pat Connaughton & Maurice Harkless. It’s not like he’s had the warriors teams.

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The kid is a football junkie. And regardless of everything else, you need that to be a great QB in today’s NFL. The last QB to be great without it was Favre, and he could’ve cleaned up plenty of mistakes if he had it.

maybe favre wasn't so studious of the game but i remember at least one interview when he described what he did on a play to a tee.  hopefully wilson has a good career.

56 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah, that's an all timer.  Especially since we know half the board could have done a better job then those dudes but I'm used to the onslaught.  It was no different when I was pro Watson/Mahomes and half the board was telling me their bust/4th round picks and they either still believed in Hack, liked Trubisky better or wanted to wait for Darnold.  Let me repeat, these same dues railing on me this year preferred; Hackenberg, Trubisky and Darnold over Watson/Mahomes.

The Hack love still confounds most of us.  

Just now, Icer said:

It's not a Wilson thread without the usual suspects coming in to rain on the parade with twenty posts and then tell us how much they dont care when called out

Until he proves himself, that's going to be Wilson's plight.   We've all sat here through decades of abysmal QB play, even when we had top five picks like Sanchez and Darnold.  Most of us have PSTD watching these busts.

57 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It is. I’ve brought this up before, my favorite sports player of all time, Damian Lillard, he’s 6’2 195, that’s extremely average for a point guard. He got zero offers to big programs, he accepted the one he had that was from Weber State, he doesn’t really get noticed until his senior year, he goes #6 overall to the Trail Blazers and becomes one of the best shooters of all time, most shooter clutch of all time and has millions of game breaking accolades on his record now and he’s only 8 years in. Sometimes the dedication of the craft and the heart measure out more important.

I was more excited for the Sam Darnold pick to my own detriment.  Sam is a great guy and I think he'll be a solid starting QB in Carolina, I really do, maybe a top 15 guy.  He had a great work ethic but he is a laid back guy, between him and Gase we had the lowest energy index in positions of power on any NFL team.

Zach is intense.  He doesn't drink and never will.  He will be married shortly I'm sure and have 10 babies.  He is driven and obsessed with football. 

I worry a little about his locker room fit because he isn't going to ever go out with the guys after practice.  I think we have a good locker room which is important and hopefully they bond on the football field and in the meeting rooms and come to respect him as a leader for his work ethic and hopefully his performance because they're probably never going to be super buddies off the field.  

Again our locker room is full of good guys.  No deviants.  I was very impressed with the post draft interviews of all our new guys - all (except Echols) seemed like smart, studious, football first guys who would get behind a guy as dedicated to the craft of football as they appear to be.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

No.  Not really.   Everyone QB can do this.  Hell, give some highlights of my intramural Flag Football Championship game from 22 years ago and I can tell you the exact play, down and distance and my entire thought process as I willed our team to victory!

You threw a pick six....didn’t you?

There's that word: process. The question is, should I jump off the Rip Van Winkle Bridge as a pre-emptive strike against pain and shoot for the Big Sleep early or should I wait until Yom Kippur? The season is usually over by then, but I'm not sure if I'm up to it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

My apologizes for mocking a fluff piece celebrating something that every single QB in college Football can do, totally unfair and who am I to share my opinion? 

Clearly not every QB can do it because the Jets met with all these guys and -- wait for it -- the others didn't all do it.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Everyone knows my opinion on the ZW matter by now. But I have been allowing myself to feel optimistic about this draft just to see how it feels 

As for Zach wilson himself I'm a measurements guy but there's some aspects of scouting that can't be measured 

It's like being on the admission office for medical school. This one has straight a's. That one has perfect tests, and another has published research already. 

But maybe the best doctor is the one who works 72 hours straight and likes doing it. 

Wilson seems like a dude who works harder than Sanchez and darnold combined and maybe that's more important than being 6-5 or running a 4.3

At least that's the hope. 

If you find a med school that does admissions that way let me know bit.

He's an edgy guy who wants to be great.  Lots of guys are edgy and want to be great.  He works his ass off to be great.  So what lots of guys work there ass off to be great.  He's results are off the chart great.  That's what seperates him.  He has a great release, he throws a great ball and he sees the field and knows why he's throwing to the spots his hitting.  

Nobody cares how hard he works if he's not getting great results.  Nobody cares how smart he is or how good he's recall is if he can't make the throws as easily as he does.  

He's a dynamic NFL QB prospect because he has amazing physical tools throwing the football and he understands the game and how he can exploit situations with his physical talent. 

There are a ton of guys with skills, who work hard, are smart as hell and can't turn the knowledge they gain into productive action.  Zach has shown up to this point he can.