Breer On The Wilson Process

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/05/03/mmqb-matt-nagy-justin-fields-trey-lance-aaron-rodgers-daily-cover   This was a different type of draft year, and everyone had to get as creative as they cou

You mean to tell me, that Zach Wilson described a Football play and the coverage associated with the call???????????  

how did you go undrafted that year?

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Christ

Now this is turning into a shooty hoops thread.

Little tidbit I haven’t seen posted, Wilson is wearing #2.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-nfl-draft-first-round-picks-select-jersey-numbers-under-new-uniform-rule-approved-by-league/amp/

Haven't seen that anywhere else. Interesting he’d pick two.

Will he interesting to see what the other guys take - skill guys can wear single digits now too. Moore and Carter both wore 8 in college but Mike White has that now. Wonder if either can sneak it away, or if they care to. Tevin Coleman wore 6 in college which is open. 

Think existing guys need to buy inventory to change numbers which is wild to me so I imagine mostly the new guys will have the fun ones.

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I know its more fun to have selective reading, like my groupies, they'd never touch this post maybe  are doing this too or maybe you were typing and didnt see this post, not sure, but I literally just said this and you called me a hater.  lol

Relax hombre, I'm defending your criticism of this article and also understand you've been a Wilson hater for a while now. If I remember correctly, you wanted Fields. 

I saw that post, we agree on the vision, and I understand you're rooting for the little doordasher now. 

All is good.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Lol, it means that it's so apparent that it bypassed transparent straight to being arrogant. 

I was strongly opposed to the picking of Zach over Fields. I also have made it clear over the last two offseasons that JD has more mistakes on his resume than most posters would like to admit.

All of that being said, one thing I've learned from this past draft: between the FO and coaching staff, we finally (for the first time in my life) are adhering to what has become the most obvious secret in sports: build around your QB. Draft the QB, build his OL, get him weapons, give him a QB coach, have the OC cater their playbook to the QB's strengths, and take pressure off the QB by building up a defense that is able to keep games close. Although I don't have much confidence in Zach just yet, I am extremely excited about the direction the franchise is headed in and hope that Wilson can prove me wrong and be great.  

100%.  I just really want a vet QB in here.  The idea of an entire rookie coaching staff with a first time player caller and a QB that is more then likely in over his head (as of now), is scary.  IMO - JD has done a fantastic job of building around him, just dont stop there and continue on with the good decisions and bring in a veteran to take the heat off the kid so he can take his time to learn and settle into the job.  Who cares if you took him #2 overall.  There is no reason to rush this, especially in this division with the defensive HC's we have to face...let alone the AFC as a whole. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Relax hombre, I'm defending your criticism of this article and also understand you've been a Wilson hater for a while now. If I remember correctly, you wanted Fields. 

I saw that post, we agree on the vision, and I understand you're rooting for the little doordasher now. 

All is good.

I preferred Fields and Lance but such is life.  All good.  I'm ride or die with Zachapono. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And here comes the victim mentality. Holy hell, you’ve lost your mind this year.

Weird coming from you since you're one of them

I love a good fluff piece as much as anyone and this was fun.

The cynic in me always feels like there’s a moment we laugh about in a failed regime. If this thing goes sideways, the Fred Warner hug is going to be it.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, derp said:

The volunteering and stuff is silly at this point. Probably a little cynical but think the large majority do that to check a box more than because they want to volunteer. Those with access to good info know how to game things. 

Mostly yes but there's a difference between "check a box" volunteering and "hundreds of hours" volunteering and admissions people can tell. 

like a football team there are different positions that require different skills. the Megalomaniac who is going to be your neurosurgeon, it might not matter what kind of person he is (it's almost always a man btw) until residency and even then it's not a popularity contest. The dermatology kids are a different breed than the urologists, etc. It's not like "one doctor" they have to train all these different kinds and not every school does everything well.  

Just now, JiFapono said:

I preferred Fields and Lance but such is life.  All good.  I'm ride or die with Zachapono. 

Lance in San Fran has scary potential.

And it's fun for Fields to have A Rob catching passes from day one. 

Can't wait to watch Mac Jones get crushed by Quinnen. 

5 minutes ago, derp said:

Haven't seen that anywhere else. Interesting he’d pick two.

he's the 2 pick in the draft 

maybe he's got a chip about it 

Fields took 1 of course 

Just now, JiFapono said:

Weird coming from you since you're one of them

Yasss, I cry so much about how Justin Fields should of been the pick & then when he wasn’t, I go to other threads and sh*t all over the place, then I asked why isn’t everyone so mad. teeheee.

no, that was you. You don’t have groupies, you have people who think you’re an ass. I wonder why. Because you’re being an ass. 

Congrats. Enjoy.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Just now, bitonti said:

Mostly yes but there's a difference between "check a box" volunteering and "hundreds of hours" volunteering and admissions people can tell. 

like a football team there are different positions that require different skills. the Megalomaniac who is going to be your neurosurgeon, it might not matter what kind of person he is (it's almost always a man btw) until residency and even then it's not a popularity contest. The dermatology kids are a different breed than the urologists, etc. It's not like "one doctor" they have to train all these different kinds and not every school does everything well.  

You are entitled to your opinion but I wholeheartedly disagree that admissions committees can tell the difference. Committed students can do the hundreds of hours to check a box no problem. Means to an end.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

So this is his official #?

I believe so

His mom was posting stuff about him deciding between #1 and #2 and then this comes out.

And on a side note, it’s going to be weird as hell seeing these wideouts and TE’s wear single digits in the pros.

Kyle Pitts going with #8?

Jeez

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

I swear... Sanchez and Darnold were two of the biggest 1st round dummies playing QB in the NFL Ive ever seen.  Weak football minds and extremely slow processors.  Defense always one step ahead of them.  At least Pennington, when healthy, could read the f'ing field somewhat.  Sanchez had zero ability to do so and Darnold... well the line was so bad it's hard to tell, but there were way too many plays where he was not under pressure but still threw it straight into coverage instead of the open man.  Both Darnold and Sanchez had the physical talent and bodies needed for success.  Neither had the football smarts and brain processing speed necessary  (well maybe Darnold can finally show some signs in Carolina).

Totally agree.  Especially Sanchez, he was given talent, an OL, a top of the league RB and a top of the league running game along with the top rated D.

He had no excuses

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yasss, I cry so much about how Justin Fields should of been the pick & then when he wasn’t, I go to other threads and sh*t all over the place, then I asked why isn’t everyone so mad. teeheee.

no, that was you. You don’t have groupies, you have people who think you’re an ass. I wonder why. Because you’re being an ass. 

Congrats. Enjoy.

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Example #;10118287498749400372929

Example #;101182874987494003729291

Just now, JiFapono said:

Example #;101182874987494003729291

Lol must be the # of tears you were shedding when Wilson got his name announced #2 overall. Continue to bitch and moan about anything and everything. I love it & I’m here for it.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I believe so

His mom was posting stuff about him deciding between #1 and #2 and then this comes out.

And on a side note, it’s going to be weird as hell seeing these wideouts and TE’s wear single digits in the pros.

Kyle Pitts going with #8?

Jeez

I think #2 is cool. I kind of want Elijah Moore to keep his #8.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Lol must be the # of tears you were shedding when Wilson got his name announced #2 overall. Continue to bitch and moan about anything and everything. I love it & I’m here for it.

Based on my notification history, I'm well aware.  

5 hours ago, Shockwave said:

So the Jets FO had Zach above Trevor. Wow. 

For this offense

Based on my notification history, I'm well aware.  

Hey, if you can come in here and sh*t all over the place, I have no issue running them little red notification icons up. You wanna talk bout it, that’s what we’re here for, bud. 

What’s wrong? You feel harassed? You know what to do.

28 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

That is not remotely true. I vividly remember Darnold not even remembering specific plays from the game he literally just played. And Wilson's recall is exceedingly specific on plays more so than I have heard from other players.

In JIFs world everyone is exactly the same. If the Jets asked these prospects on Zoom to recall 40 plays, and Wilson could recall 35, while Fields and Mac recalled only 20, he can find an article of Nagy saying Fields recalled a play he asked him about and “vindicate” himself. So I guess every QB has identical recall abilities. Just like every fast player runs the same 40 yard dash. Someone can’t be better at something. They are all the same 

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I'm ruining the "the Wilson" thread for others?  lmfao.  You're amazing.   This is the one and only thread, the exclusive place to talk about our new QB!!!!  Honestly, bro, my bad, I didnt know this was the only thread that we talked about Zach Wilson.  My apologizes for mocking a fluff piece celebrating something that every single QB in college Football can do, totally unfair and who am I to share my opinion?  right?!!!!

I'll make sure moving forward, I only say the nicest of things about Zachypoo so that I dont hurt your feelings and ruin it for others, okay, sweetheart ////rubs his back to console his little stressed out heart.

It is your right, of course.  And of course you don't have to buy in or think some puff piece is revealing.  But it doesn't make it any less douchey that you get so much enjoyment from pissing in people's cheerios.

• Post of the Week 1
6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hey, if you can come in here and sh*t all over the place, I have no issue running them little red notification icons up. You wanna talk bout it, that’s what we’re here for, bud. 

What’s wrong? You feel harassed? You know what to do.

You're last few posts, have been quite productive. 

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Nahhh course you don’t. You love this.

F551011F-663E-4A9C-8BED-0E5792454D58.jpeg

25A8D947-3E67-4CF0-ABEF-4787C76CFE8F.jpeg

Mine has more, so many I cant even fit them on the screen.

I win, again.

5 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

In JIFs world everyone is exactly the same. If the Jets asked these prospects on Zoom to recall 40 plays, and Wilson could recall 35, while Fields and Mac recalled only 20, he can find an article of Nagy saying Fields recalled a play he asked him about and “vindicate” himself. So I guess every QB has identical recall abilities. Just like every fast player runs the same 40 yard dash. Someone can’t be better at something. They are all the same 

^^^passive aggressive groupie who doesnt respond directly 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

It is your right, of course.  And of course you don't have to buy in or think some puff piece is revealing.  But it doesn't make it any less douchey that you get so much enjoyment from pissing in people's cheerios.

I made one post and everyone could have ignored that post and not let some douchey goober on the interwebz opinion be the piss in the cheerios. .  That's their right too but instead, they didnt, and here we are, you continuing the conversation on page 6.

You're last few posts, have been quite productive. 

As have yours.🙂

Just now, JiFapono said:

Mine has more, so many I cant even fit them on the screen.

I win, again.

If this is about “winning” for you, I assure you, you’ve definitely lost at much more than this interwebz squabble.

^^^passive aggressive groupie who doesnt respond directly 

You’re a clown and by far the worst poster on this website who ruins every thread. Looking forward to your next Justin Fields thread in an hour or so!

• Post of the Week 1
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

As have yours.🙂

If this is about “winning” for you, I assure you, you’ve definitely lost at much more than this interwebz squabble.

Ouch burn.  I have no comeback.  You put me in my place and I deserved it.  

Score tied

10 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

When I became a Wilson fan back in December and starting hoping the Jets would pick him it was Zach's own fil analysis that made me feel better about it.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

You’re a clown and by far the worst poster on this website who ruins every thread. Looking forward to your next Justin Fields thread in an hour or so!

^^^groupie who found the courage to respond directly

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Ouch burn.  I have no comeback.  You put me in my place and I deserved it.  

Score tied

No, no, please, I insist, you win. We all know how you get when you don’t. No thread is safe.