Breer On The Wilson Process

45 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

^^^yet another JiFapono groupie who found a reason to respond by attacking the poster even though he's a worthless troll

is this the part where i'm supposed to post something about in advance of the coming board clean-up, i am reporting this post

(and for the record, i am not reporting it (is this something people actually do?), but find it funny how you've made such posts a few times running to mommy)

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

No, no, please, I insist, you win. We all know how you get when you don’t. No thread is safe.

I'm bored with this, you win but only because you have more stamina. I'm clearly more skilled.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Where are you getting 25 from? He’s been in 25 clutch playoff moments since he’s been in the league? I don’t think so. I don’t think you understand how bad his teams have been, how much of a load he’s carried on his back or how many double teams or half court traps he gets thrown at him.  He steps over half court and he instantly draws 3 men on him. He still puts up 30ppg and 8 AST. That team doesn’t have defense. They have 2 small guards and their SF is 6’1. They play small ball line ups and rely on offense to be their defense. Players like Evan Turner, Aminu, Harkless, Seth Curry & Rodney Hood are absolute sh*t and he still found a way countless times to win games. I’ve never heard of winning games as a bad thing because they are regular season games, or close games for that matter. I think that’s a bit much and sorta illogical.

sayin Robert Horry is a more clutch shooter than Damian Lillard sounds like a casual fan comment as well. No disrespect towards you, but that’s insane to even say.

I never said Dame isn't a great player, but building up a "clutch" resume against regular season opponents is a whole bunch of meh to me when you want to praise him with the "of all time". 

"Of all time" means he's going up against guys like MJ, Bird, Kobe, Hakeem, Shaq, Reggie, Duncan, and Dirk. Even if you just want to talk about Dame's contemporaries: Lebron, Kyrie, Curry, KD. Except for Reggie, the one thing they all have in common are rings - and even then, Reggie has a bunch of playoff clutch shots and has played in the Finals.  

I also never said Robert Horry was more clutch, I said that he's a better clutch shot maker. The difference is slight but meaningful: Lillard has what - 2 playoff game winners? That's as many as the likes of Gilbert Arenas and Caron Butler. Robert Horry had 2 in just one season which resulted in a championship. Off the top of my head, Horry had something like 6 or 7 playoff game winners that helped him amass 7 rings. That's not even including shots he made to tie the game or in the final 5 minutes or Q4/OT as is the current definition. 

tl;dr - You called Damian Lillard one of the most clutch shooters of all time. I'm countering that he can't even be in the consideration if he's never even won a conference finals game, let alone played in the finals.

1 minute ago, jetblue95 said:

is this the part where i'm supposed to post something about in advance of the coming board clean-up, i am reporting this post

(and for the record, i am not reporting it (is this something people actually do?), but find it funny how you've made such posts a few times running to mommy)

I wasnt calling you a troll.  You give hard hitting content.  I was referring to me as the worthless troll that you all find the energy to respond to....sorry if that was not clear. 

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I wasnt calling you a troll.  You give hard hitting content.  I was referring to me as the worthless troll..sorry if that was not clear. 

thank you for clearing that up.

i agree. 

see, we CAN agree on something ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Robert Horry had 2 in just one season which resulted in a championship. Off the top of my head, Horry had something like 6 or 7 playoff game winners that helped him amass 7 rings. That's not even including shots he made to tie the game or in the final 5 minutes or Q4/OT as is the current definitio

Robert Horry also wasn’t the main focus of the defense on his teams opposed to Dame who has the entire opponents starting 5 with eyes on him. Nobody designed game plans around stopping Robert Horry. Not discounting him for his efforts or his made shots. I think we have to include the defensive focus compared to just explaining the outcome. Fair enough, I think one way, you think the other, he’s 8 years in, lots of time left to add to that resume. He’s cold blooded. He can do it.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

When my son was meeting with college coaches and we would do tours, he would get a one of one with the head coach (or sometimes the offensive coordinator). He was a center in high school, ended up playing tackle in college but they would do these white board sessions.

Coach would diagram a play, a single play, and the coach would talk about it for a minute or two. Basically breaking down everyone's responsibility. Then they throw questions at him for several minutes. They would ask stuff that he possibly couldn't know based on the information he was given. Obviously they wanted to see if he got frustrated, what he maintained but more importantly what his knowledge level was.

I would sit there like I did in school, well hot damn I hope the teacher doesn't pick on me today.

I can't even imagine what is expected on a Zoom with a guy that you are about to give 35 million dollars to. My point is if they say there were impressed with his recall, I am encouraged by that because the expectation going in is already very high.

This is a great and interesting point. Too bad this thread has been turned into unreadable trash by a lone troll that can't get over his feelings...20210330_223820.jpg.5449d386cd8e8bc377827a294e3bbd9d.jpg

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet Life said:

You’re a clown and by far the worst poster on this website who ruins every thread. Looking forward to your next Justin Fields thread in an hour or so!

Personal attacks are poo-poo.

Reported.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jetblue95 said:

Unintelligible.

Reported.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

100%.  I just really want a vet QB in here.  The idea of an entire rookie coaching staff with a first time player caller and a QB that is more then likely in over his head (as of now), is scary.  IMO - JD has done a fantastic job of building around him, just dont stop there and continue on with the good decisions and bring in a veteran to take the heat off the kid so he can take his time to learn and settle into the job.  Who cares if you took him #2 overall.  There is no reason to rush this, especially in this division with the defensive HC's we have to face...let alone the AFC as a whole. 

That’s exactly what I said about Darnold three years ago, but I don’t agree with that for Wilson and here’s why:

- the reason to let McCown start the first half of Darnold’s rookie year is because he was raw, the OL was bad, and Darnold needed time to get familiar with a playbook that he was only going to have for 1 season since everyone knew Bowles and his staff were going to be fired ahead of Darnold’s second year.

- Wilson (according to reports and posters on here) is a polished prospect who played in a pro-style system, is a sponge in the film room and should have no problem learning the playbook, and has a solid day 1 OL. Plus, I’m reading everywhere that he’s the perfect fit for this offense

No reason to take it slow with Zach!

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You already were told what he did just by looking at the tape.  

It impresses offensive minds like LaFleur and defensive minds like Saleh.

Not good enough when your guy couldn't and wasnt allowed to read defenses, needed cards on the sidelines for help.

Please stop . If the Jets had drafted Fields you'd be saying the same thing about Wilson.  The reading defense thing on Fields is and always was a sham . 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

15 hours ago, Shockwave said:

So the Jets FO had Zach above Trevor. Wow. 

It seems some of us are missing this and Chris Simms who I disagreed with on this one was right as far as the Jets Coaching staff and FO were concerned and it actually is a really really big deal!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, varjet said:

I think this is the key to Wilson, and work ethic, seriousness and focus are underappreciated.  

Wilson will be 100% focused on his craft and likely not hanging out in bars in Morristown.

I like both Sanchez and Darnold, and they are both good athletes, but I never got the sense that they were football junkies like Wilson is. 

The Jets QB that hung out in bars in midtown guaranteed a SB win with a drink in his hand.  

56 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Good lord this thread is a trainwreck. Happy offseason everyone.

Generally boring contribution.

Reported.

42 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

More trolls in this thread than a DreamWorks movie.

Knee slapper.

Reported.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

I can't even imagine what is expected on a Zoom with a guy that you are about to give 35 million dollars to. My point is if they say there were impressed with his recall, I am encouraged by that because the expectation going in is already very high.

And they didn’t even need to do it with Breakout Rooms! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

100%.  I just really want a vet QB in here.  The idea of an entire rookie coaching staff with a first time player caller and a QB that is more then likely in over his head (as of now), is scary.  IMO - JD has done a fantastic job of building around him, just dont stop there and continue on with the good decisions and bring in a veteran to take the heat off the kid so he can take his time to learn and settle into the job.  Who cares if you took him #2 overall.  There is no reason to rush this, especially in this division with the defensive HC's we have to face...let alone the AFC as a whole. 

The Vet QB's that are available are in over their heads as starters.  That's why they're available.  

6 hours ago, JiFapono said:

While top prospects of recent years and legitimate NFL superstars in Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen scored high, Fields blew them both away and scored the highest in the test’s history among more than 6,500 pro athletes.

Because of Fields’ borderline photographic memory, there’s reason to believe he’ll have little trouble picking up an NFL playbook.

Tom could do that they only weigh about 5 pounds..B)

10 hours ago, KRL said:

Hey Fred, can you go give Zach a hug real quick?

The first-team All-Pro obliged his old defensive coordinator, and in doing so helped Saleh, GM Joe Douglas and offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur put the final piece in place for the Jets’ decision on what to do with the second pick. The 6' 3", 230-pound Warner is roughly the same size as Patrick Mahomes, and, as he approached Wilson, who’d faced questions about his size, the Jets’ brass could actually see it.

Difficult to express the extent to which we are doomed, but this is a good snapshot.

• Haha 1