BENCHES CLEAR After CHEAP SHOT on Zach Wilson

3 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I believe that's called given em the business!?

I watched the video it was ridiculous. Football is a rough Sport and I absolutely love seeing somebody get lit up when it's legal.

In fact I'm sure the lines go at it in the trenches. They're calling each other's mothers names, they're bleeding and throwing punches.

Beating up on quarterback's or kickers is weak.

That wasn't a cheap shot they were actually mauling him like it was the running of the bulls LOL! That s*** made me want to go out and beat somebody up.

The ref just got the number wrong... should have been #93 ?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

With comments like this, I'm convinced some of you don't actually watch Jets Games.  

Need an example of a harder hit?

Tom Brady might get the flag on that hit.  Many of US screamed it was a cheap shot when it happened.

Sam didn't get a flag.  Wilson won't either, at least not early on.

thanks for reminding us how Sam misses open receivers. if he would have throw it this wouldnt have happend

50 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I forgot this was Zach. I remember watching that and man it was excessive.

That was one of Zach's only interceptions this year though.  :)

1 of 3 on the year... Threw 33 TD passes & ran for 10 more... total 44 TD's... with 3 int's... 0 fumbles lost in 2020.

With comments like this, I'm convinced some of you don't actually watch Jets Games.  
Need an example of a harder hit?
[/url] Tom Brady might get the flag on that hit.  Many of US screamed it was a cheap shot when it happened.
Sam didn't get a flag.  Wilson won't either, at least not early on.

Well the “hope” is that Wilson would’ve been smart enough to hit the wide open receiver so he wouldn’t have to take that kind of hit.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

There is no negativity here.  This is simply a fact. 
If you think Wilson is going to get the Tom Brady no-touching-treatment, you're living in a dream world. 
As I am sure Sam Darnold would attest.
And keep in mind, a flag is an after-action solution.  The hit itself still happens.

So? Which is more likey to get injured .. a running qb or a highly elusive pocket passer ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

So? Which is more likey to get injured .. a running qb or a highly elusive pocket passer ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I didn't say anything or make any arguments about frequency of injuries.

I have no idea which gets injured more, I am sure there is a website somewhere than can answer that for you.

20 hours ago, Lith said:

And bear in mind, that was one of his 3 picks on the season.  Hail Mary that travelled over 60 yards in the air.

Honestly if one of his receivers knew how to actually post up and high point the ball that play could have been 50/50. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Warfish said:

Go re-watch the last three seasons if you have any uncertainty about how hard a QB gets hit, sometimes with flags, oftentimes not.

There is no negativity here.  This is simply a fact. 

If you think Wilson is going to get the Tom Brady no-touching-treatment, you're living in a dream world. 

As I am sure Sam Darnold would attest.

And keep in mind, a flag is an after-action solution.  The hit itself still happens.

Everything you said is true. Not sure why people are arguing about it. Yet, personally I think it depends on who the QB is in the NFL as well. Seems to me some QBs can be slaughtered while others tend to get the call if they get popped pretty good. But yes, a NFL QB will be hit. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I didn't say anything or make any arguments about frequency of injuries.

I have no idea which gets injured more, I am sure there is a website somewhere than can answer that for you.

Yes, I've actually done the research - I came away with two core learnings,.

two things..

1) Running QB's get hurt more often 

2) Injury rate and/or severity of injuries have no noticeable correlation to the QB's size.  The larger QB's are as often injured as the smaller ones and in ZW's case mid-size QB's.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, I've actually done the research - I came away with two core learnings,.

two things..

1) Running QB's get hurt more often 

2) Injury rate and/or severity of injuries have no noticeable correlation to the QB's size.  The larger QB's are as often injured as the smaller ones and in ZW's case mid-size QB's.

QBs who can’t slide probably even worse. RGIII shortened  his time as a starter because he had no concept  how to slide. Like at all. Still remember being out watching football in the district on Sundays, guys jumping up and down,” just slide, why won’t he slide?!”

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

Hope he's ready for NFL players to do exactly the same thing, but harder.

Nice to see his team have his back.  Hopefully our team has his back too.

Do that in the NFL and youre fined and suspended.

It wont happen like you think.  That tape of old hits isnt convincing

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1