What do the Jets think of Mosley?

I can't recall Saleh or Douglas saying one word about him at all.  Wasn't brought here by this regime and opposing views on here about the player and his actions last year.

Is he our middle linebacker this year? 

The majority on here seem to feel if the jets got an offer they would quickly trade him.

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Saleh has said, when asked about him fitting into a 4-3 that CJ is a great player and he'll be fine, will play well for them

Yes, I saw that too. He's the only pro bowler on our roster and only 29 years old. Should be completely healthy too.

• Upvote 3

Right after the Jets signed Jarrad Davis...rumors were that teams were calling about Mosely.  Sounds to me that was a signal Jets would like to trade Mosely.  But probably nothing much came of it. It's awfully difficult to trade Mosely with that contract.

I don't know if he's excited to get back on the field and play for the Jets in a 4-3 scheme.  Or more often it's a 4-2-5 one.   He's definitely got the talent.  And should be capable of making the adjustment.  This could be a test for Saleh's noteworthy communication skills.  If he can fire up Mosely to buy in.  It would be a major plus.  Putting aside his contract.  Mosely was one of the best at his position.  The guy can really ball if he's into it.     

• Upvote 1

I am more optimistic about Mosley than the OL.  Mosley is a lottery ticket that we have already spend $20mm on.  I think he has his eye on the prize and wants to make more money, and to do that he has to keep the Jets from cutting him next year.  He will be a star this year.  

I think JD has too much emotionally invested in his OL signings-Lewis, McGovern, Fant.  They will let him down.  

But when he leaves the Jets, we will have a Revis like taste in our mouths.

Plus Davis, Cashman, and maybe someone else, plus rookies, we will wing it, and not be good. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I can't recall Saleh or Douglas saying one word about him at all.  Wasn't brought here by this regime and opposing views on here about the player and his actions last year.

Is he our middle linebacker this year? 

The majority on here seem to feel if the jets got an offer they would quickly trade him.

Saleh was very complimentary, it was one of the first things he spoke about.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Not going to get into details of our conversation, but to be honest, my expectation is no different than any other player that’s here, and that’s for C.J. to continue to be the pro that he’s been since the day that he was drafted and the leader that he’s been and find ways to get better every single day. And C.J. definitely has that mindset, and [it’s] just a pleasure to have gotten a chance to meet him.”

Blake Cashman worked out with Mosley back in January and said he was “looking better and more ready than ever.” If that is the case, that should make Saleh and defensive coordinator Jeff Ulbrich very happy as they put together their blueprint for the Jets defense.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/07/new-york-jets-cj-mosley-return-2021-covid-19-opt-out/

Well ok then, the new HC has got a way with words, I’ll give him that. 

8 hours ago, derp said:

Yeah Saleh has said Mosley can fit into any scheme and they're excited to get him going. 

My expectations are low. If he's good it'll be like when I find $20 I forgot I left in a pocket.

Yes, that’s really the only comment I can remember from Saleh or JD.

If they were going to trade him, it probably would have already happened.  

He is a good player, hopefully the year off rejuvenated him.  

I don’t understand fan hate because he took a year off. Good for him.  Anytime anyone can take some time off from work, I am happy for them.  

• Upvote 1

With his contract he's almost impossible to trade. Thanks Macc. We'll just hope Salah can get something out of CJ and who knows maybe he'll turn out to be a major asset. He looked great in the Buffalo game before he was injured.

My major beef with him was collecting a 10 million dollar check and then sitting out due to COVID. Which is OK except for the fact he was seen in a bar without a mask on.

• Upvote 2