Quinnen Williams out 8-10 weeks

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

3 injury in 3 years is kind of a big deal 

It's not really a big deal when he was played 13 games in his first two years and missed a couple of games last year due to a concussion and was likely kept out of the last game or even two because they were already toast. 

Get back to me when he misses an entire season because of a serious injury. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

tenor-1.gif.4d995c43fc6006e6b8faa717103088ae.gif

At this point the onus is on Alabama players to stay healthy and the Jets to give someone a 2nd contract than it is on me to be cheerful 

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's not really a big deal when he was played 13 games in his first two years and missed a couple of games last year due to a concussion and was likely kept out of the last game or even two because they were already toast. 

6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Is it always feet and ankles?

Last season he had a concussion so he bad the broadcast caught him puking on the sideline. He went on IR with a neck injury but there's only so much toothpaste in the tube 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets don't really have an injury ghost btw. They have almost no depth outside of the DL and that's scary. The lbs and DBs lack starters period 

When the Jets start street free agents at corner (every year) due to injuries we talk about the injury ghosts but really it's a chronic lack of depth.

Related, depth costs money 

But JD spent the later rounds drafting every LB/S/CB he could find so there should be one or two there. 
Or am I completely wrong? 

51 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm firmly in the "this particular injury isn't a big deal" camp.  But just to be clear:  In your mind, missing several games a year isn't a big deal, only missing a full season is, and we need to "get back to you" when that happens?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DLJ said:

8-10 weeks from now or 8-10 weeks during the season?

From Now.  10 weeks from today is 7/13.   Not sure on the exact date of Training camp but he should be ready in time probably a bout a week before camp

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm firmly in the "this particular injury isn't a big deal" camp.  But just to be clear:  In your mind, missing several games a year isn't a big deal, only missing a full season is, and we need to "get back to you" when that happens?

First off, "several" could mean 7 games a year. He has only missed 3 each year. Regardless, missing several games a year for 5 straight years would be a concern. Missing a couple of games with a sprained ankle early in his rookie year and then taking the final 3 games off, of a lost season, due to a concussion does not worry me at all. This isn't a long history of shoulder or knee problems. 

Mims has missed more games in his NFL career and I think it would be pretty ludicrous to be worried that he is a serious injury concern because the Jets babied hammy issues in his rookie year. 

1 hour ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Rough, he'll have to have some build up time to regain his conditioning, hope he can get back up to speed quickly.

Yeah that’s the first thing I thought of. He’ll have to get back into shape. I hope it doesn’t mean a slow start for him. 

Sad Season 1 GIF by Good Girls

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

First off, "several" could mean 7 games a year. He has only missed 3 each year. Regardless, missing several games a year for 5 straight years would be a concern. Missing a couple of games with a sprained ankle early in his rookie year and then taking the final 3 games off, of a lost season, due to a concussion does not worry me at all. This isn't a long history of shoulder or knee problems. 

Mims has missed more games in his NFL career and I think it would be pretty ludicrous to be worried that he is a serious injury concern because the Jets babied hammy issues in his rookie year. 

The greatest ability is availability.  Maybe missing 3 games a year isn't as big of a deal for a DT as it is for a QB.  But he's supposed to be our best force on defense.  We need him healthy for 16 or 17 games, consistently.  

Aaron Donald, for instance, has played 16 for the last 3 straight years.  Only missed 2 games missed his entire 7-year career.  I get Donald is a freak and what not.  But QW is supposed to be in an elite DT category tier right below Donald.

Again:  This one isn't a big deal because he isn't missing any games out of it.  But he needs to buck that trend year in and year out and stay healthy.  Period.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Watch those hamstrings post-recovery.  We've seen several Jets who were out injured come back and try to do too much only to pull a hammy.

Even with a bad foot he should be able to stretch his hammys every day. 

• Upvote 2