More QW News: Congrats, Quinnen

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

A man went to a wizard and asked if he could remove a curse put on him by a priest 20 years ago.

The wizard replied "yes, if you can remember the exact words he used".

The man replied "I will never forget them...they were 'I now pronounce you man and wife'".

U5s4jsz.gif?1

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

U5s4jsz.gif?1

Friend of mine who used to work in Vegas told me a good story about Rodney.  Apparently, he loved to light huge joints wherever he was, airports, restaurants... even while in fair view of cops.  Someone in his retinue asked him (while my friend was working for him in one of the clubs) "Rodney, why do you think you can light up in front of the cops?" 

Rodney took a long puff and said, "Because nobody is going to arrest Rodney f-ing Dangerfield!"

Great story.  Hunh.  Wish the guy had told me more.

• Haha 2

Just now, pdxgreen said:

Friend of mine who used to work in Vegas told me a good story about Rodney.  Apparently, he loved to light huge joints wherever he was, airports, restaurants... even while in fair view of cops.  Someone in his retinue asked him (while my friend was working for him in one of the clubs) "Rodney, why do you think you can light up in front of the cops?" 

Rodney took a long puff and said, "Because nobody is going to arrest Rodney f-ing Dangerfield!"

Fantastic story.  I saw Rodney a bunch of times at his club in NYC.  Was very personable.  Would come over and shoot the breeze with folks at the gig.  ALWAYS hysterically funny with impeccable timing.

• Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Fantastic story.  I saw Rodney a bunch of times at his club in NYC.  Was very personable.  Would come over and shoot the breeze with folks at the gig.  ALWAYS hysterically funny with impeccable timing.

Love your avatar.  Knew an old hippie chick who was obsessed with Marc Bolan.  So I had to here everything he did!  Even the pre-Mickey Finn era T-Rex.  Man.  Mr. Bolan's lyrics were a rag bag of pretty much everything till he discovered Chuck Berry Riffs and Diamond Star Halos.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Rodney would always stop in unannounced and do a bit in his club and also at Catch a Rising Star (which I think he owned).  He'd shoot up to the stage and say, "I'm on Carson next week and I want to try these out so let me know how you like this" and then he'd proceed to make everyone pee themselves laughing.  Truly one of the funniest men ever.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Love your avatar.  Knew an old hippie chick who was obsessed with Marc Bolan.  So I had to here everything he did!  Even the pre-Mickey Finn era T-Rex.  Man.  Mr. Bolan's lyrics would a rag bag of pretty much everything till he discovered Chuck Berry Riffs and Diamond Star Halos.

Tyrannosaurus Rex stuff--especially the vocals--is definitely an acquired taste.  Marc would have wanted nothing more than to be one of the original rock & rollers who he idolized and tried to emulate.  Great shot which opens Ringo's film, Born to Boogie, is Marc as a kid striking a pose like Eddie Cochran, his main idol.  

EmP9FtxXMAE9NEI.jpg

Here's the flick which every Bolan/T.Rex fan should see.  Check out the first 1:33.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Rodney would always stop in unannounced and do a bit in his club and also at Catch a Rising Star (which I think he owned).  He'd shoot up to the stage and say, "I'm on Carson next week and I want to try these out so let me know how you like this" and then he'd proceed to make everyone pee themselves laughing.  Truly one of the funniest men ever.  

I saw a few of those "trying out Carson material" appearances, too.  We'll never see another comic like Rodney and a couple others from that era.  Just a completely different vibe.  He's missed.

51 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

All hail the Triple Lindy!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

So science has now discovered a food that completely suppresses a woman's sex drive.  They call it 'wedding cake'.

Thank you, I'll be here all week.  Try the veal.

Why does the bride smile on her wedding day?

?