NFL rumors: Hall of Famer Terry Bradshaw unloads on ‘weak’ Aaron Rodgers for Packers trade drama | ‘Go ahead and retire!’

By Mike Rosenstein | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
See ya.

That’s what Hall of Famer Terry Bradshaw would tell Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, whose desire to be traded by Green Bay overshadowed last week’s NFL Draft.

Rodgers’ displeasure dates back to the 2020 NFL Draft, when the Packers used their first-round pick on his heir apparent, Jordan Love.

Following that move, all Rodgers did was go out last season and win his third NFL MVP award. And as far as Bradshaw is concerned, Rodgers has nothing to complain about, based on what the Pittsburgh Steelers legend told WFAN on Monday:

"Him being that upset shows me how weak he is. Who the hell cares who you draft? He’s a three-time MVP in the league and he’s worried about this guy they drafted last year at No. 1? ... And for him to be upset, my god, I don’t understand that. Pittsburgh drafted Mark Malone No. 1, Cliff Stoudt in the third or fourth round - I had them coming at me from all angles. I embraced it, because when we went to practice, I wasn’t worried about those guys. They didn’t scare me a bit. So I don’t understand why he’s so upset at Green Bay. ... And then if they fire the general manager he’ll come back? Are you kidding me? Really Aaron, that’s where this is? Here’s what I’d do - I wouldn’t budge. Let him gripe, let him cry - retire, you’re 38, go ahead and retire, see you later. ... So probably he should just retire and go do Jeopardy! That’s the way I look at it, but I wouldn’t budge. I’m strong about stuff like that. Either he gives in and Green Bay doesn’t, or move on.”

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

Rodgers and Wilson both wanna move to different cities and are blaming not being supported or disrespected.  What else would explain wanting to leave solid organizations for the Raiders or Bears?  

The era of the privileged. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Bradshaw completely missed the point (surprising no one).

The pick GB used on Love could have been used on a productive starter.  In a playoff game they lost by a hair, it's reasonable to think that one more pass rusher or offensive lineman would have been the difference.  In a year when you are primed to compete for the trophy, and your QB is coming off an MVP season and probably has at least 4 years of great play in him, it's kind of idiotic to draft a QB in the 1st round.  I would lay a lot of blame for the playoff loss to TB at the feet of their GM.  Rodgers can be a whackjob, but in this, I think he's solidly on high ground.

This. Bradshaw is a boob. Rodgers  wasn’t afraid Love would take his job. He wanted better players. As Hollywood Henderson once said: Bradshaw couldn’t spell cat if you gave him the c and the t. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, undertow said:

Rodgers and Wilson both wanna move to different cities and are blaming not being supported or disrespected.  What else would explain wanting to leave solid organizations for the Raiders or Bears?  

Wilson probably knew his lot was caste in stone when Paul Allen died.  That was the only person with the power and objectivity to tell Carroll to knock it off or negate some of his power.  Same thing Damian Lillard is slowly finding out the Trail Blazers.  When an owner as powerful as Allen dies.  It just makes the people in the front office and chief operating officer unimpeachable.   "Player empowerment' or whatever we want to call it.  It's the flavor of the month is sports right now.   Rodgers probably has some legitimate complaints too.  But he bitches so much.... I am growing tired of hearing of them.  And it's not like he can go to the owner.  Ha ha.

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The pick GB used on Love could have been used on a productive starter.  In a playoff game they lost by a hair, it's reasonable to think that one more pass rusher or offensive lineman would have been the difference.  In a year when you are primed to compete for the trophy, and your QB is coming off an MVP season and probably has at least 4 years of great play in him, it's kind of idiotic to draft a QB in the 1st round.  I would lay a lot of blame for the playoff loss to TB at the feet of their GM.  Rodgers can be a whackjob, but in this, I think he's solidly on high ground.

I dunno I tend to blame Rodgers for not running into the endzone to win the game...or not going for a FG to send the game into overtime.   But I guess one of the reasons for all this complaining is deflection of blame which is working.

19 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Not going to put up the Old Man Shouts At Trees gif.  It's getting redundant now.  Honestly.  As a Gen Xer I feel like I am stuck between two worlds in these discussions.

sh*t, I’m a millennial and I’m stuck between two worlds. Gen Z is batsh*t.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

sh*t, I’m a millennial and I’m stuck between two worlds. Gen Z is batsh*t.

John Waters said something once that bears repeating.  It's not your parents or grandparents you should end up hating.  It's who's ever uncool.  And that's usually your older brother or sisters.  Because their albums and culture is whatever your rebelling against.  And I think that transfers to sports.  Because suddenly, idols like Lebron or Tom Shady are these assailable figures for criticism.  I mean. Tiger Woods and Kobe have gotten that for better on a decade now.  Obviously.  They are affixed demigods now and other generations have moved on.  But it is hilarious that we don't look at arguments... just generational scorn.  

55 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Your ass should have been trade to us, then all that crying and bitching would have been justifiable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Plus it's not like Love is this singular talent that you think you only get a shot at once every 5-10 years. 

It's strange to take him that high - on a 4 year contract with an expensive 5th year option - and then keep Rodgers anyway for at least the next 2 years minimum. Never mind you have to know what an insecure / I-know-best jackass he can be anyway. What'd they think his reaction would be?

Pittsburgh had something similar a couple years ago with Roethlisberger when they drafted Mason Rudolph -- in round three. And Rodgers seems 10x the diva Roethlisberger is to boot.

Or anyway, sometimes both sides are wrong. 

2 hours ago, undertow said:

The reason why the Packers are currently considered a solid organization while the Bears are not is the Packers have Aaron Rodgers and the Bears do not.

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

The reason why the Packers are currently considered a solid organization while the Bears are not is the Packers have Aaron Rodgers and the Bears do not.

no its because they build a solid team through the draft but ok.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, docdhc said:

This. Bradshaw is a boob. Rodgers  wasn’t afraid Love would take his job. He wanted better players. As Hollywood Henderson once said: Bradshaw couldn’t spell cat if you gave him the c and the t. 

A boob?  Call him what you want, but at least Bradshaw gives his honest opinion and not some typical weak "toe the party line" response.  And I wish we had a boob QB with four SB rings.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

A boob?  Call him what you want, but at least Bradshaw gives his honest opinion and not some typical weak "toe the party line" response.  And I wish we had a boob QB with four SB rings.

Great QB and definitely says what he thinks. I just think what he said here, and with other takes I’ve heard him give, makes me think he’s not that bright. 

22 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Do you remember the talent level on those championship Steeler teams?  Not taking anything away from Bradshaw but those were arguably the most talented team in NFL history.  They were like the Edmonton Oilers of Football lol.  

18 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Do you remember the talent level on those championship Steeler teams?  Not taking anything away from Bradshaw but those were arguably the most talented team in NFL history.  They were like the Edmonton Oilers of Football lol.  

Sure, I remember...how about the talent level with the Green Bay Packers and Bart Starr?  Both of these QB's are in the HOF...how about we spread the wealth around?