Crazy question: Would you take Rodgers for a year or two?

1 hour ago, Lith said:

You don't waste half of Zach's rookie contract having him sit behind Rodgers.  And you don't give up valuable resources that can be used to build around Wilson for a year or two of Rodgers.  We are not ready to win now, and we appear to be taking the right approach to building around Zach.  Let it play out.

I like shiny greenbay toys.

• Upvote 1

If he leaves then he's going to a win-now team not a team on a rebuild. He might have five years but he could be one injury away from retirement. He isn't going to a team where he might have to wait a year or two before contending for playoffs and a team that isn't a QB away from real Super Bowl competition would pay an enormous premium with a real potential he's gone in a year or two either in FA or retirement.

If this was the 08-09 Jets sure, that would make as much sense as putting Farve on that team. Unless something magical happens this team is maybe a wildcard competitor even with a veteran franchise QB. It just doesn't make sense. The cap space and draft picks it would take could better serve the long term interests of the team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Dave Gettleman will him and Joe Judge want to win now!!!!!!!!!!

No they wont, theyre not going after him just because you found an article that talks about it.

Why would Rodgers leave a 13 win team to go to a 6 win team?

We don't need yesterday's hero.

He got everything he wanted in GB last year, new coach, home NFC game, still blew it because of 'COVID', 'Mayan Calendar' ,'Balls not heated' and whatever other excuse Aaron needs.

He's not winning another ring with anyone.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No they wont, theyre not going after him just because you found an article that talks about it.

Why would Rodgers leave a 13 win team to go to a 6 win team?

Yes I found an article. 

Have you read all the reports circulating about the relationship with Rodgers and GB lately. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes I found an article. 

Have you read all the reports circulating about the relationship with Rodgers and GB lately. 

Rodgers and GB has nothing to do with the Giants right now.

8 hours ago, Biggs said:

It’s about location not talent.  He and his wife want to be in CA or NYC.  It’s fake outrage.  He wants out.  

exactly

thats why Russ Wilson wants out. you think his wife wants to live in Seattle? and thats a bigger city than GB.

now if you marry a regular women like Mahomes did she will probably be happy living in KC her whole life, 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Great QB piss poor attitude and ego. 

Who cares?  His teammates dont have a problem with Rodgers, how do we know he has a poor attitude?  

Every single QB should have an ego.  There are only a handful of people who can play the position in the entire world and maybe 1 or two who can do it on Rodgers level as a 38 year old

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Who cares?  His teammates dont have a problem with Rodgers, how do we know he has a poor attitude?  

Every single QB should have an ego.  There are only a handful of people who can play the position in the entire world and maybe 1 or two who can do it on Rodgers level as a 38 year old

Years ago I went to a sports show autograph signing the nastiest players were Reggie Jackson and Aaron Rodgers everyone was commenting on the way they acted towards fans who paid to meet and greet them, get autographs take pictures. 

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Years ago I went to a sports show autograph signing the nastiest players were Reggie Jackson and Aaron Rodgers everyone was commenting on the way they acted towards fans who paid to meet and greet them, get autographs take pictures. 

And Reggie was really rude to the Queen of England in that Naked Gun movie too.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Love Rodgers, might be the most talented QB ever and hate the Giants

He is an amazing QB, no doubt.

But why would you bring a 36 year old QB to a team that just won 2 games?  This isn't like when they brought in Farve, by the time this teams roster is ready to compete (if JD hits on a huge % of his picks) Rodgers would be done.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, chirorob said:

He is an amazing QB, no doubt.

But why would you bring a 36 year old QB to a team that just won 2 games?  This isn't like when they brought in Farve, by the time this teams roster is ready to compete (if JD hits on a huge % of his picks) Rodgers would be done.

I never said I wanted to bring in Rodgers, I was responding to JW who said he hated Rodgers

Rodgers isnt for this team, not a match 

• Upvote 1

On 5/4/2021 at 3:55 PM, Bruce Harper said:

Sort of a ridiculous question, I know, but would you take him in a trade, play him for a year or two and let Zach sit and learn?  Rodgers says he's going to retire if they don' trade him.  Yes, he's a mental case, but he is still near the top of his game.   We probably have the cap room.

Personally, I would not, as I believe we are moving in the right direction with Wilson and the young core.  I also want to use our draft picks on young players.  Also, definitely not Douglas's style to make a big splash move for a veteran big star. 

Only problem New York isn’t on his list of teams he will accept a trade to.  Las Vegas is one. 2 to 3 other teams not named the Jets.