Jump to content

Is Mac Jones always that awkward and dopey?


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I like that leading posts with "Counterpoint" may be catching on.  Not sure if I started it, but I'll take it.  lol.

CTRL+V is the highest form of e-flattery.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jgb said:

Counterpoint -- Mac Jones has played against defenses with more talent than BYU's opponents by several orders of magnitude.

It would be interesting to see Zach on Alabama and Mac on BYU.   This is pure speculation but my guess is almost every NFL GM would have Zach as No. 2 and Mac as a 2nd day pick.  Perhaps he actually projects as a better pro-prospect than Mac?  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Biggs said:

It would be interesting to see Zach on Alabama and Mac on BYU.   This is pure speculation but my guess is almost every NFL GM would have Zach as No. 2 and Mac as a 2nd day pick. 

Very possible. That's the art and limitation of player evals -- extrapolating performance of players in the NFL based on their performance in what almost amounts to a different sport from QB perspective with a huge variance in situation across colleges.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jgb said:

Very possible. That's the art and limitation of player evals -- extrapolating performance of players in the NFL based on their performance in what almost amounts to a different sport from QB perspective with a huge variance in situation across colleges.

 

Agreed but you can't ignore that the probability is Zach was rated higher on every NFL draft board than Mac Jones. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That goofy kid banged more girls in the last two years than any of you guys will have in all your lifetimes.   

To add insult to injury:  I'm sure those child-bearing hips are what got 'em, too.  They see his gait as "endearing" whilst simultaneously and unrelatedly imagining his large NFL paychecks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetsons said:

butthurt??? 😉

As a vegan, it hurts less when defecating, in contrast to meat eating guzzlers. Is your ass falling apart? There is your answer, drink water (weight /16 = cups - meat), boy.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

To add insult to injury:  I'm sure how he walked was what got 'em, too.  They see it as "endearing" when imagining his large NFL paychecks.

All they saw were dollar signs

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

All they saw were dollar signs

Right but they also needed something prepared to say when other women, who didn't know he's the big man on campus, made fun of him.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

 

Agreed but you can't ignore that the probability is Zach was rated higher on every NFL draft board than Mac Jones. 

Not ignoring it. Just saying I personally have Mac higher. Just one vote of many. The crowd has spoken and they have Wilson higher.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That goofy kid banged more girls in the last two years than any of you guys will have in all your lifetimes.   

Really - 3 girls?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

People used to say the same sh*t about Sonny Jurgensen.  Weird body, walks funny. He could also throw the ball through a brick wall.  Let's wait on making comments about the Pat's new QB until Zach is out classing him. 

Watched a lot of Sonny on TV as the Redskins were always on TV.  Never saw a QB with a wind up quite like his.  Like a windmill.  He was great and would be very good in today's NFL.  

 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bronx said:

As a vegan, it hurts less when defecating, in contrast to meat eating guzzlers. Is your ass falling apart? There is your answer, drink water (weight /16 = cups - meat), boy.

I guess "butthurt" is apropos. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, jgb said:

Counterpoint -- Mac Jones has played against defenses with more talent than BYU's opponents by several orders of magnitude.

How many Alabama players were drafted in the first round compared to their counterparts? He was playing on a semi-professional team against kids. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Long Island Leprechaun said:

How many Alabama players were drafted in the first round compared to their counterparts? He was playing on a semi-professional team against kids. 

And I guess it's random luck who plays at Alabama. They don't recruit -- and often secure -- the top talented players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jgb said:

And I guess it's random luck who plays at Alabama. They don't recruit -- and often secure -- the top talented players.

I'm not sure I understand your point, but the bottom line is how much Jones' boat was lifted by those around him rather than the reverse. I suspect he will be less than meets the eye when he faces parity and a vastly speeded up game. We'll wait and see. I say, Stidham, part deux. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I'm not sure I understand your point, but the bottom line is how much Jones' boat was lifted by those around him rather than the reverse. I suspect he will be less than meets the eye when he faces parity and a vastly speeded up game. We'll wait and see. I say, Stidham, part deux. 

Yep. And Wilson faced a laughably easy schedule this year. It goes both ways.

At the end of the day, I value success. Mac Jones has been in the national spotlight and has delivered. That counts for something.

Wilson could still be great -- most/all experts believe he will be. But I'm skeptical.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...