Anyone doing the DOGE thing?

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Are you suggesting sundae swap is a rug pull? I've been following this project since the beginning and it's one of the most professional and transparent projects I've ever seen in the crypto space. I'd be absolutely shocked if it were some sort of rug pull.

no not at all. did you go to the link? 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

No I didn't click the rug pull link.

Lol. It's a project developing a tool that can scan and analyze smart contracts. Its anti-rugpull. Anyway it's a good project with a small MC and is fairly new so it has a lot of room for growth. The devs are highly respected

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bitcoin getting blasted lately.  I don't own any (way too expensive and I'm still not sure that it's even anything) but I do watch the price.  And I wish I bought it years ago (obviously).

Yea I have btc eth Ada and avax. I’ve been getting stomped. Didn’t put in more than I could afford to lose, so I’m not pulling out yet 

8 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Haha I’m thinking about buying even more on the dip 

I have a large portion of my net in bitcoin but most of that is at a much lower cost average than what it's at today. I don't keep much cash on hand because I think it's garbage that only loses value. Obviously you need some liquidity. So basically whenever I get a stack of cash and there's a drop in price I move it into bitcoin. I've already moved that entire stack in - just today.

I wish the house I'm having built was finished. I would take out loans to buy at this price point. Can't do it until the build is complete though because of the way the mortgage works. 

I'm not recommending anyone do that, in fact, I would recommend most people don't do that. It's just where my mind is at right now. The only other time I felt that was Summer 2020 - and I did take out a sizable loan. Crushed it.

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I have a large portion of my net in bitcoin but most of that is at a much lower cost average than what it's at today. I don't keep much cash on hand because I think it's garbage that only loses value. Obviously you need some liquidity. So basically whenever I get a stack of cash and there's a drop in price I move it into bitcoin. I've already moved that entire stack in - just today.

I wish the house I'm having built was finished. I would take out loans to buy at this price point. Can't do it until the build is complete though because of the way the mortgage works. 

I'm not recommending anyone do that, in fact, I would recommend most people don't do that. It's just where my mind is at right now. The only other time I felt that was Summer 2020 - and I did take out a sizable loan. Crushed it.

I completely agree. I just worry that btc is starting to reach its market cap. Sure it can get back up to its previous levels, but how much higher can it go than that?

24 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I completely agree. I just worry that btc is starting to reach its market cap. Sure it can get back up to its previous levels, but how much higher can it go than that?

I don't know - btc only has about a 670 billion dollar market cap today. Gold is over 11 trillion. Look at the market cap of just the US bond market - and bonds are losing money to inflation ... just at a slower rate than the USD.

Last year we saw one country add bitcoin to it's reserves. I think we'll see more. If countries start racing to add bitcoin to their reserves as a strategic asset, it's game over.

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...
On 1/22/2022 at 5:02 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know - btc only has about a 670 billion dollar market cap today. Gold is over 11 trillion. Look at the market cap of just the US bond market - and bonds are losing money to inflation ... just at a slower rate than the USD.

Last year we saw one country add bitcoin to it's reserves. I think we'll see more. If countries start racing to add bitcoin to their reserves as a strategic asset, it's game over.

Bonds aren't intended to be a hedge against inflation.