Anyone doing the DOGE thing?

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

A dollar Bill is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States, backed by the U.S. Economy and productivity. 

It is the worlds reserve currency.

Most rational folks understand there is a world of difference between the U.S. Dollar, and asset-unsupported Dogecoins or Bitcoins or "the CC of the moment".  The only value propping these up is the hot air of those talking about them.  Hence the massive volatillity in their markets.

Enjoy the profit taking now, sure, just be mindful the entire cryptocurrency thing is not likely to be a sound long-term investment.  Another crash is assuredly inbound as we speak.

Alot of folks are going to make serious bank in the short run, and alot more are going to lose a literal ton in the long run.

Do you think that will last forever? Not likely, especially given the path we've been on.

reservecurrency.jpg

When the US dollar is flipped as the world reserve currency it will get ugly, and quickly.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

What gives cryptocurrency value?

My feeling is that people are counting golden eggs while the barn slowly burns to the ground.

People and trade... What gives the dollar bill value? Gov't and Banks... for now. It is not backed by any true substance... for that matter it is no different then 'fake' coins

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm not bashing Crypto per se, and I don't think the Dollar is 100% "safe" per se either. 

With that said, no, I don't think it's "going away" any time soon.

If you want to get your paycheck in Dogecoin, be my guest my friend, invest however and in whatever you see fit.  I hope you don't lose too much in all that instability and volatility or in the next crypto crash.

Personally, I like Land.  

Doge coin is completely fake and will crash and burn... Crypto currency in general has just started and is not going away.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Do you think that will last forever? Not likely, especially given the path we've been on.

reservecurrency.jpg

When the US dollar is flipped as the world reserve currency it will get ugly, and quickly.

One World currency... Ripple

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Forever, no.

Rest of my lifetime, yes, actually.

Also, note, the UK, France, Netherlands, Spain and Portugal all survived no longer being the reserve currency.

So will we.

Maybe depends on how much longer you plan on living.

• Thumb Down 1

32 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

My feeling is that people are counting golden eggs while the barn slowly burns to the ground.

I'm not here to educate you on this space.   There is enough info out there.  

I will add that XVG (verge) and TRX (TRON) were big coins a few years ago and are making a comeback. Keep an eye on them. Especially Verge since the market cap is so low. It can explode with the right push. Don’t be stupid though. Ease into these things, like a vagina. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm not bashing Crypto per se, and I don't think the Dollar is 100% "safe" per se either. 

With that said, no, I don't think it's "going away" any time soon.

If you want to get your paycheck in Dogecoin, be my guest my friend, invest however and in whatever you see fit.  I hope you don't lose too much in all that instability and volatility or in the next crypto crash.

Personally, I like Land.  

Doge is just one of many altcoins that worth acquiring.  Who knows whether it will hold its value over any length of time.   There are plenty of altcoins that are just as interesting had have even higher upsides.   Also the phenomenon known as Decentralized Finance  (DeFI) is really shaking things up in the financial world 

The most important thing to understand is blockchain technology is revolutionizing finance, banking, and almost every other industry in the world.   cryptocurrency is just part of it.   I think it is important to diversify assets.  Real property, precious metals, stocks, bonds etc. AND crypto currency.    Bottom line is whether some folks like it or not, there has never been an asset in the history of the world that can rival bitcoin over the last 10 years.  When you have hedge funds and other institutional investors buying billions of dollars worth of bitcoin (Grayscale, MicroStrategy to name two) then Telsa just purchased 1.5 billion a month ago, I call that a clue.   

51 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The free market gives cryptocurrency value but the real value of bitcoin is freedom from the oppression of central banks and big government stealing the value of your dollars.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1032048/value-us-dollar-since-1640/

I have no idea why anyone thinks doge is worth a sh*t, tbh.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

People and trade... What gives the dollar bill value? Gov't and Banks... for now. It is not backed by any true substance... for that matter it is no different then 'fake' coins

Fiat currency basically worthless paper.  The only thing giving it value is as you state Government and Banks.   Plus because it can be printed at will, it is constantly being devalued.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

A dollar Bill is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States, backed by the U.S. Economy and productivity. 

Yes, but how much is that faith and credit worth?  I'd argue it's worth less and less each day with how this country is going into more and more debt.  In terms of faith, the US just announced (in the past hour) that it will waive Intellectual Property protection for companies like Pfizer and Moderna's COVID vaccines.  Imagine, in one of the few countries in the world where taking risks and spending billions to try to innovate and cure big problems gets you rewarded..... that reward and the protection of your innovative ideas gets decimated by the government.  There's a reason the US created the most successful vaccines, technological innovations like the internet, and successfully landed a man on the Moon first.  The founding ideals and structures that support all that stuff are fading.... fast.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The free market gives cryptocurrency value but the real value of bitcoin is freedom from the oppression of central banks and big government stealing the value of your dollars.

I agree. I mean it has no built in scarcity like Bitcoin and other coins have. In fact it is the opposite.  

Meh.  I just dont have interest in putting much faith in a currency developed by a secret man who if discovered, or if he sells his holdings, could crash the entire thing.

Things could change but too much of an enigma for me.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Satoshi is likely dead.

The fact that we don't know who Satoshi really is or if he's dead or alive is kind of my point.

Not knocking bc entirely as its making a lot of people money.  Good for you.  I guess I'm more old school right now with where I want to put money.

I'm heavy in EV batteries atm.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Yes, but how much is that faith and credit worth?  I'd argue it's worth less and less each day with how this country is going into more and more debt.  In terms of faith, the US just announced (in the past hour) that it will waive Intellectual Property protection for companies like Pfizer and Moderna's COVID vaccines.  Imagine, in one of the few countries in the world where taking risks and spending billions to try to innovate and cure big problems gets you rewarded..... that reward and the protection of your innovative ideas gets decimated by the government.  There's a reason the US created the most successful vaccines, technological innovations like the internet, and successfully landed a man on the Moon first.  The founding ideals and structures that support all that stuff are fading.... fast.

Them waiving the intellectual property rights is a virtue signal. Which one of these developing countries are they expecting to get a lab up and running any time soon? Not just a facility that can develop vaccines cause India produces plenty of the older vaccines. These mRNA vaccines are brand new technology(why they're not testing it on me). Forget the financial capital needed to set it up, there's not the intellectual capital to spread around. You can print money and spend money like a drunken sailor, you can't create enough people with the understanding and capabilities. It's all BS. Why most of my money is in Bitcoin. You can't just print like this forever. DOGE is hilarious though

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

In terms of faith, the US just announced (in the past hour) that it will waive Intellectual Property protection for companies like Pfizer and Moderna's COVID vaccines.  Imagine, in one of the few countries in the world where taking risks and spending billions to try to innovate and cure big problems gets you rewarded..... that reward and the protection of your innovative ideas gets decimated by the government.

I think you might not have the understanding you think you do on this issue mate. 

You might want to consider doing some additional reading.   

• Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am fascinated by DOGE Coin. Got in at .05.  More importantly I am talking about it to myself in the Lounge. Any Doge people out there stop by this thread -->  

:)

It is a meme coin and the founders control 80% of the supply. Very centralized. Most likely near the top, but more importantly it will be a catalyst for the remainder of the crypto bull run. The money will flow from doge down the list of alts.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Billionaires who are investing heavily in them and giving people a platform to spend their coins like at Tesla and Amazon.

What happens when the billionaire's cash in their profits and pull out?

Did it ever occur to you that Musk and Bezos decided to have their companies accept crypto-currency to inflate their own personal crypto-profits? You don't get as rich as those guys are without being driven by greed.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

It is backed by the full faith and credit of a country. Like all other currency. It's value is driven by the economic strength or weakness of the country that stands behind it. It is very different.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

43 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The free market gave value to mortgage backed securities too.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It is backed by the full faith and credit of a country. Like all other currency. It's value is driven by the economic strength or weakness of the country that stands behind it. It is very different.  

No not even close... Dollar has become devalued and has nothing to do with economic strength or weakness of a country.... This is a fallacy. BTC has financial strength due to the limited supply and that it is becoming widely accepted as a form of payment across the world... as it becomes more accepted it will become more stable. 

I think you should seriously look into the history of the dollar. It was once a very powerful item. It has been destroyed and is only worth something as long as it is backed by the country.  Look at the European countries and the value of their dollar as they widely accepted the EURO instead... The value of their 'dollar' became worthless with the only exception being the British pound. If the Gov't decides to switch the currency to crypto currency like Ripple or Cardano then the value of the dollar will slowly diminish. 

As long as there is no collateral to federal promissory notes... they are only worth something as long as they say it is worth something.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

46 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

What happens when the billionaire's cash in their profits and pull out?

Did it ever occur to you that Musk and Bezos decided to have their companies accept crypto-currency to inflate their own personal crypto-profits? You don't get as rich as those guys are without being driven by greed.

Of course, I actually think this is their big power play like JP Morgan made, they want to control it all.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The free market gave value to mortgage backed securities too.

haha... Not the same, but I understand your point. Mortgage backed securities were going default and there was value behind them because they could expire worthless. BTC and Crypto doesn't expire... Its the difference between buying a Stock and an Option. The stock is a piece of the company the option is the promise to buy the stock at a certain price in the future.... Although they are related, they never hold the same value. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Of course, I actually think this is their big power play like JP Morgan made, they want to control it all.

Hence why banks are going to take over their own Crypto, like Ripple. So they can control it all.

Also, on that note you should look at why the price of silver is so low... The Banks own so much of it that they artificially deflate the price and make money shorting the value of SLV.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Then the government came in and artificially manipulated the market instead of allowing thing to work themselves out. That's not free market and they cannot do that with bitcoin. What's your point?

True story

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, 247jetsallday said:

I have 10k doge at a 17 cent average. There is a lot of money to be made in cryptocurrency. But u have to stay long term to really make alot of money. I am about 6k up right now. But I am gonna wait till doge gets to $10. To the moon ???

Its going to get crushed at $1 or before it hits $1\

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

This

The most forgotten thing in the history of this country is how the government bankrupted the country and had to bend the knee to JP Morgan getting the country away from the only safe backing Gold.

But gold has no inherent value either, it’s a rock. An element.

All currency value is based on agreement. Agreement that it has value and all it takes to get that agreement is reinforcement and validation by enough people. If you can actually buy a Tesla with crypto then the belief in it, agreement, grows and it becomes valuable.

Crypto is identical to gold on that way.  No inherent value, just something that if enough people believe in it’s worth becomes valuable. 

• Upvote 2