Anyone doing the DOGE thing?

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

But gold has no inherent value either, it’s a rock. An element.

All currency value is based on agreement. Agreement that it has value and all it takes to get that agreement is reinforcement and validation by enough people. If you can actually buy a Tesla with crypto then the belief in it, agreement, grows and it becomes valuable.

Crypto is identical to gold on that way.  No inherent value, just something that if enough people believe in it’s worth becomes valuable. 

I agree with all of this, only difference is Gold is physical and can be held crypto can vanish in a blink of an eye.  Also Gold has been valuable since the beginning of history.

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Nope.  I'm in Bitcoin and Ether though, in a small way.  The digital version of putting them in a drawer and forgetting about them for 5 years.

Same. I finally went in for a couple thousand old fashioned dollars. Will see what happens.

Without even fully understanding all of this, if you read enough, it seems we've passed a threshold. For every Buffet or Munger there's a Cuban, a Musk, and a Mr. Wonderful (3% of his holdings are now in various crypto). Even being intellectually lazy, it seems the smart move now is to get involved, at least in a small way.

Not sure which of these early projects will stick around, but Bitcoin over the long term and maybe Eth over at least the short term seem to be decent bets.

Now NFTs...I still don't get it. Talk about false scarcity. Take a stupid digital cat pic. Say it's one of a kind on the blockchain. But it's not. Take a pic of it, copy paste it, etc. It's not scarce at all, and who gives a hoot that, on that particular block chain, it says it's yours. How about Jack Dorsey's first tweet? Someone bought those few words for a ton of money. But I can still read them on twitter when I want. I am now rambling. I truly don't understand NFTs.

• Upvote 1

So, I tweeted to the Jets to accept Dogecoin, I would by a Wilson jersey with Doge if they did. 

Elon Musk is hosting SNL Saturday. I'm anticipating a spike during the show if and when he mentions Doge. Then I will sell what I put in & let it ride.

To. The. Moon.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Bitcoin won’t replace currency but it’s the new digital gold for sure as a store of value. It’s fundamentally sound with a finite amount. The government can print money any time they want and there’s currently an asteroid in space with $700 quintillion worth of gold on it we will eventually mine.

Have been in the crypto space since 2016 and Bitcoin helped me pay for my wedding and buy my first house, just wish I had more ! And wish I threw a few hundred at DOGE back then when it was .002 cents

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I read some good things about Cardano and took a swing on it. We'll see how it goes.

Make sure you download the daedelus wallet and stake your coins. It's like earning interest and it's on an appreciating asset. I've earned a bunch since staking went live. If you need any help setting up feel free to ask.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Make sure you download the daedelus wallet and stake your coins. It's like earning interest and it's on an appreciating asset. I've earned a bunch since staking went live. If you need any help setting up feel free to ask.

I just have the coins sitting in my coinbase account. I'm assuming I'm doing it wrong.

2 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I just have the coins sitting in my coinbase account. I'm assuming I'm doing it wrong.

First step is to download and setup the wallet.

https://daedaluswallet.io/

This is linked to directly from https://cardano.org/ under the "Individuals" menu item if you'd prefer to not use a link from some guy on JN. I'd actually recommend that. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TaborJet said:

So, I tweeted to the Jets to accept Dogecoin, I would by a Wilson jersey with Doge if they did. 

Elon Musk is hosting SNL Saturday. I'm anticipating a spike during the show if and when he mentions Doge. Then I will sell what I put in & let it ride.

To. The. Moon.

That’s my plan exactly! The dogefather, as he calls himself, will likely mention it, it will go up, then I’ll sell off and put the earnings in a different crypto I’m liking. Have 250 doge just for SNL

Personally I would stay away. It is very risky with 100 people controlling the majority of the supply, they can crash it anytime while taking home a few billion ??. If you do buy it, just trade it in and out. Do not risk any money you are not willing to lose. Stay away from Binance issues with the feds, Binance us is a nightmare for a lot of people. A guy on reddit got $100k that is in Binance frozen. Just do a twitter search for binancehell   

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I agree with all of this, only difference is Gold is physical and can be held crypto can vanish in a blink of an eye.  Also Gold has been valuable since the beginning of history.

I used to just invest in gold. Bitcoin is more practical though. I like it because like gold its finite and the value is decided by the people so it's inwards from us out. Fiat BS and I've never been more sure the dollar is ****ed than this year is institutions and government trying to tell us what it's worth when its limitless, so the value is outwards in.

14 hours ago, David Harris said:

But gold has no inherent value either, it’s a rock. An element.

All currency value is based on agreement. Agreement that it has value and all it takes to get that agreement is reinforcement and validation by enough people. If you can actually buy a Tesla with crypto then the belief in it, agreement, grows and it becomes valuable.

Crypto is identical to gold on that way.  No inherent value, just something that if enough people believe in it’s worth becomes valuable. 

Gold is used in things... It has manufacturing value so this is false

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Bought 25k coins at .03 and sold 18,000 at .65. The rest I’ll keep for 10 years and see what happens. Took a nice profit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome. Congrats!

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JetPotato said:

CumRocket (yes, that's actually what it is called) is the next Doge, only this one actually has a use.

On 5/5/2021 at 9:32 AM, aagarcia said:

invest in $RSR  reserve protocol.  Thank me later

20 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Doge is just one of many altcoins that worth acquiring.  Who knows whether it will hold its value over any length of time.   There are plenty of altcoins that are just as interesting had have even higher upsides.   Also the phenomenon known as Decentralized Finance  (DeFI) is really shaking things up in the financial world 

The most important thing to understand is blockchain technology is revolutionizing finance, banking, and almost every other industry in the world.   cryptocurrency is just part of it.   I think it is important to diversify assets.  Real property, precious metals, stocks, bonds etc. AND crypto currency.    Bottom line is whether some folks like it or not, there has never been an asset in the history of the world that can rival bitcoin over the last 10 years.  When you have hedge funds and other institutional investors buying billions of dollars worth of bitcoin (Grayscale, MicroStrategy to name two) then Telsa just purchased 1.5 billion a month ago, I call that a clue.   

Where can I buy this stuff? 

• Upvote 1

Interesting thread on Twitter with some insightful graphical displays that point to why folks some folks chase outsized returns on things like crypto.

By no means am I suggesting that one needs to come to the same conclusion as the author regarding the solution - I like crypto and think he goes too far with his statement at the end. But I think the graphs of how the monetary supply, equities, land, other investment, and wages have all interacted over time offered me a little insight into why I’ve felt certain ways about investing and money.

I’m sure others understand better and have done it better but I enjoyed the condensed look and the graphs. Have to click into it to read the whole thing.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is really interesting. i was looking into. I’ve read people have had issues with Daedalus, storage capacity, network, etc. Can you stake through the other wallet — forget the name, the lite version?

19 minutes ago, Vader said:

This is really interesting. i was looking into. I’ve read people have had issues with Daedalus, storage capacity, network, etc. Can you stake through the other wallet — forget the name, the lite version?

There is another one called yoiri or something like that. Never tried it. I believe you can. Daedalus had issues early on but I'm pretty sure that's all been worked out.

On 5/5/2021 at 1:15 AM, mfmartin said:

My wife bought it at .02 and is rolling

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Congrats. 

30x.  Congrats.

Consider selling a good chunk (half? a third? Most?) and burying into a basket of coins. ETH and/or PolkaDot ecosystem - even BTC and be relatively safe... I'll bet Doge goes even higher - maybe way higher - but at some point there will be a cash out parade.

Don't know what it will look like, but it will be bonkers when the masses sell into a market that has no buyers and no underlying value or use.  

• Upvote 1

Joe Kennedy -- who famously didn't lose his fortune in the Great Depression because he cashed in all his stocks before the crash was asked how he knew the crash was coming.

His response: "Because even the shoe shine boy was offering stock tips."

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, jgb said:

Joe Kennedy -- who famously didn't lose his fortune in the Great Depression because he cashed in all his stocks before the crash was asked how he knew the crash was coming.

His response: "Because even the shoe shine boy was offering stock tips."

I have read that story before. Love it.  Is it true though?  I hope it is because it is great.

56 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I have read that story before. Love it.  Is it true though?  I hope it is because it is great.

Doubt it. I think the reason he didn't lose all his money in the crash is because he was invested in bootleg liquor run across the border from Canada and not stocks and bonds lol.

12 hours ago, Ghost said:

Everyone is saying Safemoon is the next Dogecoin.

Its worth putting in $500 on it and kinda forgetting it. If it goes to just ONE penny, I’ll be good. 

I'm skeptical about "The next Dogecoin". 

Dogecoin reached the level of notoriety that it did due to being based on a meme.