Anyone doing the DOGE thing?

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

@Barry McCockinner gives really good advice. When DOGE was taking off he gave me the pep talk. Been there, done that, take profits. I waited a bit and I took a bunch of profits. I still own a lot but damn as this thing dipped back down in the upper 30 cent range -- I am happy I listened to Barry.

Barry you now have one get out of ban free card.  Use it wisely.  :)

what about all the sage advice on varied and sundry topics over the years? I get a one free post card?

DOGE-GBP 0.3755 0.0022 0.5929% : Dogecoin GBP - Yahoo Finance

Dogecoin soared on Friday but the cryptocurrency’s circulation ownership raises questions. Ether pops as its futures market hits a record. Bitcoin faces pressures from its options market and a downward trending dominance percentage.

• Dogecoin (DOGE) trading around $0.56 as of 21:00 UTC (4 p.m. ET). Gaining 47% over the previous 24 hours.

• Dogecoin’s 24-hour range: $0.39-$0.58 (CoinDesk 20)

• Bitcoin (BTC) trading around $50,263 as of 21:00 UTC (4 p.m. ET). Gaining 3.2% over the previous 24 hours.

• Bitcoin’s 24-hour range: $49,009-$51,502 (CoinDesk 20)

• Ether (ETH) trading around $4,055 as of 21:00 UTC (4 p.m. ET). Gaining 10.6% over the previous 24 hours.

• Ether’s 24-hour range: $3,641-$4,165 (CoinDesk 20)

9 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

PolyDoge up over 50% since I posted about it, I guess Tom took my advice 

I haven’t heard of that one yet. I recently purchased Safemoon, BitTorent, and SHIBA. These are all a fraction of a penny at this point.

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I haven’t heard of that one yet. I recently purchased Safemoon, BitTorent, and SHIBA. These are all a fraction of a penny at this point.

Shiba has been on fire, I was going to put a few hundred into that one a few weeks ago but I didn’t want to pay the gas fees at the time and it would have been up like 2000% from where I could have gotten it. 

3 hours ago, Nick Blitz said:

I’m not, but I’ll look into that. Worth doing in your opinion?

absolutely, why wouldn't you want to earn interest on an appreciating asset? if you're already using the daedalus wallet it's super easy. if you're storing your coins on an exchange you'll have to download it from https://cardano.org/ ... menu -> Individuals -> Daedalus wallet. always test sending a very small amount of coins to the wallet before sending them all so you can verify things are working as expected. please be sure to securely store your wallet seed phrase.

setting up staking once you have coins in the wallet is pretty simple - you basically just choose a pool to delegate to. Then you start earning coins.

• Upvote 4

On 5/10/2021 at 3:03 PM, HessStation said:

Company financially set, no chance of bankruptcy 

There very well might be a short squeeze on AMC, but the above isn't accurate.  Their current ratio (at least end of Q1) is 0.64.  Because it's less than 1, it means they don't have enough cash on hand to pay their liabilities that are currently due.  Their book value per share is *negative* $5.13.

If you think they won't go bankrupt, that's fine, you're likely right.  But to say they're financially set and there's no chance (or even to say there's very little chance) of bankruptcy is just wrong.  There's a reason there's such a huge short position in the stock.  

1 hour ago, thshadow said:

There very well might be a short squeeze on AMC, but the above isn't accurate.  Their current ratio (at least end of Q1) is 0.64.  Because it's less than 1, it means they don't have enough cash on hand to pay their liabilities that are currently due.  Their book value per share is *negative* $5.13.

If you think they won't go bankrupt, that's fine, you're likely right.  But to say they're financially set and there's no chance (or even to say there's very little chance) of bankruptcy is just wrong.  There's a reason there's such a huge short position in the stock.  

Fair. Speaking Short term per 2021. Not that it matters but that’s also pandemic data. That said nobody is “investing” in AMC the company. This is more like psychological warfare between Retail and HFs. It’s about the squeeze. And those numbers can’t be denied at this point. That said I would always keep shares out of respect. There are never guarantee’s but I honestly don’t know when the average layman is ever gonna have another shot at this again, especially w new SEC/DTCC rules coming. There are other squeeze plays but not at this “potential” magnitude imo. And GME is $150/share

Several cryptos taking it on the chin this afternoon as Elon Musk seems to confirm Tesla may be exiting its Bitcoin position.  If he's now selling (and not just holding) this will spook some of those weak handed Robinhooders who hang on Musk's every action.

67316054_ScreenShot2021-05-16at1_50_08PM.png.f857a185b6f95d9da78ac2f8e6d710bb.png

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Several cryptos taking it on the chin this afternoon as Elon Musk seems to confirm Tesla may be exiting its Bitcoin position.  If he's now selling (and not just holding) this will spook some of those weak handed Robinhooders who hang on Musk's every action.

67316054_ScreenShot2021-05-16at1_50_08PM.png.f857a185b6f95d9da78ac2f8e6d710bb.png

Good time to buy on the dips

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Good time to buy on the dips

I added a little around 45K today, but there could be some further downside.  I know Musk is a prominent guy, but one company selling some Bitcoin under the premise that they just now agree with the environment/energy concerns of Bitcoin mining shouldn't cause a sudden 10% correction.  BTC has felt for a while (since 60K) like it wants to take a rest.  It might ricochet higher from this point but I think there's a chance it takes another trip down towards 40K again.  If it does then I'll add some more.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I added a little around 45K today, but there could be some further downside.  I know Musk is a prominent guy, but one company selling some Bitcoin under the premise that they just now agree with the environment/energy concerns of Bitcoin mining shouldn't cause a sudden 10% correction.  BTC has felt for a while (since 60K) like it wants to take a rest.  It might ricochet higher from this point but I think there's a chance it takes another trip down towards 40K again.  If it does then I'll add some more.

I’ve only recently got into the crypto game. Seems almost like it’s too late to jump in on Bitcoin, though you can buy fractions. I’ve invested some in shiba because why not? It’s cheap and if it moons you can turn a profit. Also invested in cardano and I’m really high on vechain right now. Especially if musk is going to complain about the environment, vechain is lowering emissions.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

new coin

E1jE_NyVUAQysE7?format=jpg&name=medium

? i love the crypto space

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, usanyj said:

I’ve only recently got into the crypto game. Seems almost like it’s too late to jump in on Bitcoin, though you can buy fractions. I’ve invested some in shiba because why not? It’s cheap and if it moons you can turn a profit. Also invested in cardano and I’m really high on vechain right now. Especially if musk is going to complain about the environment, vechain is lowering emissions.

It's funny, someone said the same thing to me about Amazon in 2007.... "It's late.  I missed it.  It's up like 7,000% in the past decade.  I'm too late!"

AMZN was trading around $90, up from like $1.25 a decade earlier.

It's at $3,228 right now.  Buying at $90 in 2007 would have been a very smart move.

I'm not saying BTC will do the same thing, but the idea that anyone is too late on the most established crypto currency and the one with the most traction in institutions, etc. doesn't seem right.  It may not be the top of the 1st inning for Bitcoin anymore but I don't think we're through the 3rd inning yet.  As you may know, there's intrinsic scarcity value with BTC... there will never be more than about 21 million in existence because of the way the algorithm was written.  Based on current models, the halvings, etc. they say the last coin will be mined around the year 2140.   So... I'd say there's still some runway left. ?

Doesn't mean other cryptos won't surpass it in either value or utility.  But now that Wall Street is grabbing hold of this thing and institutions are starting to buy it, I think that's putting a floor of support under it.  Again... who knows, I wouldn't be surprised to see it come all the way down and test a level like $18,600 again (the 2018 high), but sometimes that's how these assets work.  I still think the longterm trend is higher.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I did the same exact thing.

• Upvote 1