Good Morning Football| Kyle Brandt "insists" Zach Wilson will lead Jets come playoffs & win AFC East

48 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Sure, why not?

The segment is a lot more nuanced. It's worth watching.

It is a good segment.  I think everyone is vastly overrating how good the NE offense will be with a rookie qb and no Edelman, and Miami’s entire season hinges on Tua.  So i do think there’s wins in the division to be had, especially since the jets may not be getting out coached so severely anymore.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It is a good segment.  I think everyone is vastly overrating how good the NE offense will be with a rookie qb and no Edelman, and Miami’s entire season hinges on Tua.  So i do think there’s wins in the division to be had, especially since the jets may not be getting out coached so severely anymore.

I don't think NE is the reason people are skeptical the Jets will win the East.

The Bills and Dolphins are pretty stacked and the Bills have a very good QB.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't think NE is the reason people are skeptical the Jets will win the East.

The Bills and Dolphins are pretty stacked and the Bills have a very good QB.

You better believe Bills and Phins took notice of the Jets offseason. Miami kind of wasted their ammo, while couldn’t tell you whatBills did in FA or draft. Jets made some seismic additions. Hopefully not the Mosley, TJ type signings.

So many new players brought into the mix this year from FA-draft.  Added to the ones from last year.  Plus...a rookie QB.  An entirely new HC-CS.  

Realistically...I just want to see forming here...3 C's...to emerge from this season.  Culture...Chemistry...Competitiveness.  I don't know how many W's this translates into. 

Build a rock solid foundation.  Go forward with that into the offseason.  With the Jets fumed with optimism and expectations.  Have another good FA-trade-draft process.  Then start a run of perennial playoff appearances.  Land in the Supe...once or twice over the next 10+ years or so.  Add a Lombardi Trophy or two.   Then start a new rebuild cycle.

I'm good with that. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

You better believe Bills and Phins took notice of the Jets offseason. Miami kind of wasted their ammo, while couldn’t tell you whatBills did in FA or draft. Jets made some seismic additions. Hopefully not the Mosley, TJ type signings.

Miami wasted their ammo? They took an Elite prospect (Jaylen Waddle) and what many believe to be the best pass rusher in the draft. Miami already had a strong defense, and now they added Will Fuller, Jaylen Waddle, and several O-lineman to bolster their offense. Tua will also have another year to develop. 

The Bills managed to bring back 21/22 starters from their AFC Championship game roster that went 13-3. Many of their big name players took discounts to come back. They also took back 2 back pass rushers with their 1st and 2nd picks. Their pass wasn't bad prior, but it wasn't great

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, section314 said:

The Dolphins are lucky they got the extra #1 from the Niners because they will be using it to trade up to get a QB next year when Tua removes all doubt that he does in fact stink.

Why? They will have rub my willy Watson by then..B)

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, HamBilly said:

Miami wasted their ammo? They took an Elite prospect (Jaylen Waddle) and what many believe to be the best pass rusher in the draft. Miami already had a strong defense, and now they added Will Fuller, Jaylen Waddle, and several O-lineman to bolster their offense. Tua will also have another year to develop. 

The Bills managed to bring back 21/22 starters from their AFC Championship game roster that went 13-3. Many of their big name players took discounts to come back. They also took back 2 back pass rushers with their 1st and 2nd picks. Their pass wasn't bad prior, but it wasn't great

Welcome to the board!

Waddle is3rd best non- qb behind Pitts and Chase.

Phillips is a bit of a tweener... A Safety (meh) I did like Eichenberg.

I thought they were loading up for Watson, but Tua will be the man, and I’m not sure he’s the answer!

Edited by 32EBoozer

Honestly, success for this coming season to me is a team that:

1) is fun to watch

2) is competitive in every game

And, most importantly, Zach Wilson showing he’s a FQB.

That’s it. The Chargers are on cloud 9 with how good their rookie QB played. They were below 500.

• Upvote 3

I realize I am a fan but here's the deal:

The Jets were much worse than their record last year indicated. We should have lost 16 games. And there were lots of reasons:

1. Gase as HC

2. Systems woefully mismatched to the players abilities and skills both on offense and defense

3. Sam Darnold

4. Gase insisting on using Gore in the most un-imaginative running attack ever

6. Williams in DGAF mode

and the biggest one

7. Incredibly bad series of injuries destroying whatever roster we had

And all of this facing one of easiest schedules I can ever remember. It was so easy that in reality it was like a couple bonus games. The Bills were not as good as they looked and Miami just had one of those things roll their way yeas.

But going into 2021 we have

1. Zach Wilson. Wilson will be better than Darnold from snap 1. Note: Sam Darnold on snap 2 and after was better than the Darnold that played last year. QBs actually regress sometimes and Darnold regressed a lot

2. Completely revamped and sort of groundbreaking physical fitness and therapy department headed but elite MDs dedicated to sports performance. (Our biggest change going in)

3. Robert Saleh - he is by default a few games better than Gase but he seems like he could be the guy

4. An extremely strong FA period

5. A ridiculously good draft- our offense can be Top 15 in the NFL with the weapons we now have and Zach Wilson

In the end Buffalo and Miami are not as good as they seem and we are as upgraded as any team I can remember.

We will compete strongly for a playoff spot.

• Upvote 4

This is sports and there is lots of turnover in the NFL.  It’s not like work for us where you have to meet expectations...  go ahead and match up rosters and you can shove those expectations. 

Im looking for us to find something that works, something that gives us an edge in some area and brings a new identity.  Maybe it’s running left, maybe it’s hitting deep balls, maybe play action, or perhaps our pash rush is suddenly fearsome.  

Many times I’ve seen this where a team emerges out of no where.  Hell, the Knicks are doing it right now.

The point is as a fan, you don’t concede the playoffs.  Until proven otherwise in 2021, we’ve been given enough to think that we could win the next game.  I keep hearing that the other teams in our division are loaded, if we do find a way to be a winning team it will be that much sweeter.  

• Upvote 1

Three thoughts.

1) Kay Adams.  Hotness

2) I was excited until I saw this posted yesterday as well: Good Morning Football | Kyle Brandt "believes" Daniel Jones will lead Giants to an NFC East title"

3) Kay Adams.  Worth mentioning twice.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Welcome to the board!

Waddle is3rd best non- qb behind Pitts and Chase.

Phillips is a bit of a tweener... A Safety (meh) I did like Eichenberg.

I thought they were loading up for Watson, but Tua will be the man, and I’m not sure he’s the answer!

Elijah Moore > Waddle

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

True but you did forget the team that won the division a year ago though.

23 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

SHOCKING! Just wait until we hit week 1 after Wilson's had a strong training camp and preseason...

I don't know.  In four years, Wilson is going to want to get paid.  We should probably trade him now while we can still get something for him. 

• Haha 1