According to a report, Wilson picks his number

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

Really don’t want him to pick 2.  Would rather 1.

I think the 2 will look better because the current numerals have no flair - it’s just a line

itd be cool on Elijah Moore tho for some reason- I’d like see the 1 - 2 connection

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Good. 

#1 is too much pressure ala me first.

#2 is NYC Jeter. 

Zach Wilson. 

#2. 

The next Captain. 

One can dream. 

Make #2 great again. 

It’s not Jeter he played baseball and Mets go with Jets

19 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Oh, I thought you were talking about @Chimp the Pimp

No, I have no idea who that is. There are a handful of us who belonged to a small board that was the equivalent of the OK Corral. It was some of the most prolific potty mouthed creative off the cuff writing out there for years that very sadly petered out. A ton of cursing with no ads or moderation to speak of and great debates, I have real life friends from there. The Jets are occasionally good for something, haha. "Matthew Modine" used to post there, lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/5/2021 at 11:25 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Good. 

#1 is too much pressure ala me first.

#2 is NYC Jeter. 

Zach Wilson. 

#2. 

The next Captain. 

One can dream. 

Make #2 great again. 

"Who does No. 2 Work For ... Who does No. 2 Work For ???"

Edited by Dunnie
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

It's a small, but exclusive, group.

Did I say "exclusive" there? I meant to say, "deranged".

We are missing some folks who should definitely be here.  I'll start with Meddle (Pete).  Miss his insights.  He should be here.  Apparently, Pete signed up here once before because his screen name is taken.

@Meddle

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

We are missing some folks who should definitely be here.  I'll start with Meddle (Pete).  Miss his insights.  He should be here.  Apparently, Pete signed up here once before because his screen name is taken.

@Meddle

I think Pete might be too internet famous to mix with the likes of us now. He does a lot of online broadcasts and social media commentary on sports these days, so that probably takes up most of his time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Similar to JFK, the Challenger and 911, everyone  will remember where they were the day, Z Dub picked his #.

Maybe some less morose anniversaries which do not fit the narrative of tying sports to life & death. Like when Jets won, USA Hockey, Mets/Yankees series etc. 

Lets honor the loss of those hallowed days

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

There are one or two others I think.  

jago,  Los . . . and PHILLLLLL . . . ! ? Anyone remember Johnny Goodyear? That guy was awesome.

I saw someome mention Meddle. I still have his number in my phone but I don't know if it's good anymore. I should call it someday and freak him out, haha. He's still running Rotobahn as far as I know.

I went to a couple of really fun tailgates with those lunatics. Jeff stared at me and his mouth fell open when we were introduced and I said, "What did you expect, someone who weighs three fiddy?" He admitted it and said, "Well, I just didn't associate someone with a mouth and a temper like yours coming from a pixie." Hahaha.

EDIT & P.S.: There are a few others under different monikers here than the old gin joint but I've been asked in the past to respect their request(s) for anonymity. I don't dime.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Maybe some less morose anniversaries which do not fit the narrative of tying sports to life & death. Like when Jets won, USA Hockey, Mets/Yankees series etc. 

Lets honor the loss of those hallowed days

stripes lighten GIF

5 hours ago, jetophile said:

jago,  Los . . . and PHILLLLLL . . . ! ? Anyone remember Johnny Goodyear? That guy was awesome.

I saw someome mention Meddle. I still have his number in my phone but I don't know if it's good anymore. I should call it someday and freak him out, haha. He's still running Rotobahn as far as I know.

I went to a couple of really fun tailgates with those lunatics. Jeff stared at me and his mouth fell open when we were introduced and I said, "What did you expect, someone who weighs three fiddy?" He admitted it and said, "Well, I just didn't associate someone with a mouth and a temper like yours coming from a pixie." Hahaha.

EDIT & P.S.: There are a few others under different monikers here than the old gin joint but I've been asked in the past to respect their request(s) for anonymity. I don't dime.

Los has been MIA here for a long time now.  I pm'd him and lost his email.  Please reach out.  He was active here and one day disappeared.  @Losmeister

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
Two can be as bad as one
It's the loneliest number since the number one
No is the saddest experience you'll ever know
Yes, it's the saddest experience you'll ever know
'Cause one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
One is the loneliest number, whoa-oh, worse than two

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Los has been MIA here for a long time now.  I pm'd him and lost his email.  Please reach out.  He was active here and one day disappeared.  @Losmeister

I will!!! Is it OK to text him your #? He told me that he got banned for something political, but I don't know if it was ever lifted and he just decided not to return. Everything good by you? Stay well!

-J

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
Two can be as bad as one
It's the loneliest number since the number one
No is the saddest experience you'll ever know
Yes, it's the saddest experience you'll ever know
'Cause one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
One is the loneliest number, whoa-oh, worse than two

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all good children go to heaven. There's a ton of Jets QBs in there, straight or in combination. I feel like I'm at an underground Bingo Hall where everyone smells like cigarettes and sour milk. Pokeno! I'm the only guinea in here.

• Upvote 1