WHI Mafia - Scorpion Woman Wins

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Feeling a good bit better guys. Whether it was @TeddEY’s advice, my dose adjustment, or a combination of both, I think my “manic state” (if that’s what it was) might be calming down.  We’ll see if it holds up.

Sorry for the distraction to this point and for the disappointment I’ll be providing a few of you who were looking forward to more entertainment, lol. But I’m sure those same folks are happy to have a bit of old 80 back, too!  You’re good people.

Lets get down to playing, shall we?  Pac dead yet?

humphrey bogart slap gif GIF by Warner Archive

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/8/2021 at 10:57 AM, Beaver said:

Le sigh.....quick google search: https://www.dictionary.com/e/capital-vs-capitol/

What is a capital?

Capital has many definitions. It can mean “the wealth owned or employed in business by an individual, firm, corporation, etc.”; and it can mean “principal; highly important,” as in safety was their capital concern. Also, it can mean “uppercase letter.”

But the capital that gives most people trouble is this one: “the city or town that is the official seat of government in a country or state,” as in the capital of California is Sacramento or the capital of the United States is Washington, DC.

What is a capitol?

Capitol also has to do with government, but it is more specific: capitol is defined as “a building occupied by a state legislature.” When the word Capitol is capitalized, it refers to the United States Capitol, a building in Washington, DC, that hosts Congress, the legislative branch of the US federal government.

Both capital and capitol are derived from the Latin root caput, meaning “head.” Capital evolved from the words capitālis, “of the head,” and capitāle, “wealth.” Capitol comes from Capitōlium, the name of a temple (dedicated to Jupiter, the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Zeus) that once sat on the smallest of Rome’s seven hills, Capitoline Hill.

How do I tell the difference?

Because capital and capitol are so close in spelling, it can be challenging to rememberwhich word denotes what. As a mnemonic trick, consider the importance of the letter O in capitol. This O stands for “only one” definition, while the A in capital stands for “all the rest.” If that doesn’t work, try associating the O in capitol with the spherical dome of the US Capitol building.

Once you know the difference, you can use them correctly. When you are referring to a building, you should use capitol:

• Hundreds of protesters turned out for a rally at the capitol lawn.
  • During the massive restoration of the historic capitol, workers discovered some interesting artifacts, including a variety of valuable coins.

When you are referring to a city or town, you should use capital:

• Denver is Colorado’s capital and a great place to visit if you’d like to explore the Rocky Mountains.
  • This quiz will test the children’s knowledge of the state capitals.

And when you’re referring to a music studio? That would be the Capitol Records building, but we’ll save music history for another day.

Waiting on a message board answer you lazy Qanon scum!!!

Impeach Donald Trump GIF by Creative Courage

Unvote Pac

Vote JustEndTheSuffering

Plus I’m not ready to vote Pac off......yet

On 5/8/2021 at 12:57 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Official Day 1 Vote Count:

Pac (3) - JC, 80, greenseed

80 (3) - jvill, drums, nyn

dice (1) - Pac

Greenseed (1) - dice

JETS (1) - Beaver

Beaver (1) - JETS

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Somehow my vote got added back after this.

8 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Gotta say, that felt really good lol

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Official Day 1 Vote Count:

Pac (5) - Beaver, JC, 80, greenseed, drums

80 (2) - jvill

dice (1) - Pac

Greenseed (1) - dice

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch. 

I don't think Nyn's vote was the official hammer, but who cares.    Lets make it official just in case.

Unvote JETS

Vote PAC

• Upvote 2

On 5/6/2021 at 2:53 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Pac's victory lap lasted long enough.  Kill Pac with fire asap.  

FYI things are going to get weird for me this game.  Full disclosure:  Intermittent fasting has had an indelible and apparently irreversible impact on my brain activity, most notably over the last 2 weeks as I approach the 6-week mark.  To be clear what I mean by intermittent fasting:  I have gone 16+ hours without eating, each day since March 22nd.  I only eat within an 8-hour window or less each day, meaning I've successfully cut out late night eating each night. 

I've lost some weight (not as much as hoped so far, but I'm off to a good start, and am establishing a solid eating foundation as I prepare to exercise more) with more to come as my body gets used to needing less food, and treating the food I do eat more like fuel (as intended by our ancestry). 

The daily intermittent fasting has come with an accompanying energy burst, evidently laced with a copious amount of fun neurotransmitters which include serotonin and dopamine.  This has been the cause of several strange effects on my affect (see what I did there), use of "train thinking", reduced insulin in my system (due to lower dependence on sugar/carbs) and some increased irritability and anxiety.  I have slept like a baby most nights, but on some nights I haven't been able to sleep at all thanks to an overactive brain.  My wife has noticed the change but hasn't expressed concern except under rare circumstances, as the changes have only been slightly noticeable to those who have been around me every day.  The impact is more jarring for those who go a week or so without being around me, including the counselor I see on a weekly basis.  He asked me if I had been bitten by a radioactive spider in our latest session.

Its a little like what happened to Bradley Cooper's character in Limitless, minus the quadruple-digit IQ that came along with it.  It's been fascinating to observe and report my own physical, mental and emotional changes occurring within my psyche, like I'm Jeff Goldblum in The Fly.  It's like I'm constantly in a state of mania, with my "Don't Give a f**k" mentality never being stronger than it is now.  Expect some entertainment along with my typical awful play, and perhaps an IRL trip to prison/ER/mental hospital, as typically happens for those experiencing a prolonged manic episode.  Note that I am not saying I have gotten smarter, only that I've gotten stranger at a rapid pace and seemingly overnight.  

Positive side effects include:  Stronger immune system, quicker healing process, "smaller stomach" effect, improved memory and attention span, more free testosterone, increased libido, better love-making, improved husbandry skills. 

P.S., for @The Crusher:  Please note I still love food, I just pick and choose when I eat, what I eat, and how much I eat during my established, scheduled meal time.  I am simply learning how to treat food like fuel without giving up the foods I love most; its like a life cheat code in some ways.  Please don't ban me.  

I apologize in advance.  Bear with me as I adjust to my own "new normal".  And GFY's. 

you're detoxing fatass, chill

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, CTM said:

you're detoxing fatass, chill

Yep this is true.  Last night was rough, as I threw up violently like Neo learning about The Matrix.  Detox indeed.  It was bad.  But its all part of the process to get better, I think.  I'm gonna stock up the fridge with fruits and veggies this week and work on making sure the food I do eat after the 16+ hours off mixes in some higher quality more often. 

I'll be back to old illogical 80 rather than new increasingly annoying and verbose 80 real soon, I imagine!

• Upvote 1