"Look at him... Look at his pace"... Jets fan reaction to the Patsies drafting Mac Jones

Mac Jones was running away from that haunted Green room. He damn sure didn't want to be in there any more. He has a decent chance to be a good QB with the Patsies eventually. If a team like the Jets or Jags or Bengals or Cleveland ever drafted Mac he would have Zero chance!

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Mac Jones is the least of our worries. His ceiling is Chad Pennington.  Belicheck will get rid of this bum in 2-3 years. 

They’ll trade for Gorropolo 

Kids kind of young to be dropping “F” bombs in anger. Nothing like an angry drunk for a dad. Shouldn’t he still be celebrating the Jets 1st 2 picks?

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Mac Jones is the least of our worries. His ceiling is Chad Pennington.  

Pats are like most teams now, in desperation to find elite QB production. Mac has a DUI under his belt at an age where Chad was a Rhodes Scholar finalist ... that ceiling appears elusive to me. I'd be comfortable betting Mac never gets near it.

This guy may or may not be good, as is the case for all the other QB's picked last week. Who knows?  I look at him, and think Greg Kelser. Some of the older guys, like me, on the site will recognize that name from the 1979 Michigan St, NCAA hoops champs, and will probably get the analogy. ?

1 hour ago, freestater said:

Holy nothing. A guy yelled at a tv screen. For like 2.3 seconds. Social media is crap. My only takeaway from this is that guy needs to do a little more bi's & tri's.

Real strength is indicated in the Lats and traps.

Now let me go "slurp some more pre-workout"....

? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Go listen to how Bill talked when the pats drafted Jimmy G vs how he spoke about Mac Jones. That pick was a “organizational decision”. 

Bill didn’t want him 

To be fair, other than literally finding a lottery ticket on the street with Brady, who, by the way, if BB saw anything in him wouldn't have waited until rd 6 to pick, He has never developed a QB he drafted that's worth a damn.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Imagine being so unable to control your emotions.

I don't have a clue what Jones's future would have in store here, elsewhere, or with New England. But yeah, this. 

Now if the Jets had drafted a safety at #2 instead... I'd still have my kid leave the room. Not that it matters with his Darnold-jersey-clad daddy's temper tantrum plastered all over the internet. Should be real fun for his son in school. Luckily kids aren't at all cruel and rarely use social media. 

Maybe excuse himself from the room. Or maybe have a little self-discipline as a parent. Y'know, maybe. 

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Belichick will be gone in 2-3 years

Isn’t he holding on to pass Landry or Shula for wins. Pretty sad placing your legacy on the line to get to #1 in wins.... especially when every additional year shows that your Qb gave you your stats.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I sat here LOLing at the guy in the video.  Wondered how many of us over the decades have had pretty much the same reaction after some dumb play, pick, etc?   In my case, plenty of times.   That's classic SOJF (of which I am proudly one) material.   Hilarious.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I sat here LOLing at the guy in the video.  Wondered how many of us over the decades have had pretty much the same reaction after some dumb play, pick, etc?   In my case, plenty of times.   That's classic SOJF (of which I am proudly one) material.   Hilarious.

I've been plenty pissed over many Jets draft picks, contracts & extensions, game results, and more over the years. That's what it is to be a Jets fan.

But as a parent, screaming hysterically, as loudly as I can, into my kid's - or anyone else's kid's - face a couple feet away from my own? I can confidently say I've never done anything close to that over a friggin' draft pick and never will. 

Never mind the double stupidity of doing so with a smartphone video camera around in the internet age, where this is going to come back to my adolescent kid as much or more than it would come back to me. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I've been plenty pissed over many Jets draft picks, contracts & extensions, game results, and more over the years. That's what it is to be a Jets fan.

But as a parent, screaming hysterically, as loudly as I can, into my kid's - or anyone else's kid's - face a couple feet away from my own? I can confidently say I've never done anything close to that over a friggin' draft pick and never will. 

Never mind the double stupidity of doing so with a smartphone video camera around in the internet age, where this is going to come back to my adolescent kid as much or more than it would come back to me. 

Yeah, I don't get folks putting their lives on social media for all to view/ridicule.  I'm still mired in the 60s mentality where we were suspicious of everyone/thing and valued our privacy.  

Agree with you 100% that the guy should not have unleashed all those expletives in front of his kid.  Although, if I'm honest, I might have exploded in similar anger a time or two after some catastrophic Jet moment like Brien's misses.

• Upvote 2