Rookie Mini Camp This Weekend

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Very cool to hear Herndon reach out.  Herndon completely disappeared under adam gase.  Im starting to think saleh is going to bring this kid back to life.

I am predicting a big year for herndon.

Big year for Herndon would be huge for this offense IMO. Really hope he can get back on track.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, derp said:

Would be crazy. Even in a very good but realistic case they’ll probably need to add a vet or a higher draft pick here or there, but how often have we seen backups just step in as starters and not miss a beat?

It’s pretty much only when the starters are terrible or back in the Rex days when the backups at non-premium positions playing behind the first rounders and high priced FA’s were adequate. But I rarely if ever remember the franchise letting guys walk and replacing in house.

I also love the use of tweeners in the back seven in a way that fits with a passing oriented league but doesn’t require spending serious draft capital (Darron Lee pick for Bowles). And actually getting pressure with the front four would be really cool. It all conceptually makes sense.

Hopefully Saleh’s a nice mix of creative and not too cute. Kind of seems that way. And feels much more sustainable.

Also - man this defense is going to look so much faster.

I am still holding out osme hope that maybe a guy like Cam Clark can be ready to earn some playing time at RG.  Even if not this season, maybe for next year so we don't have to keep spending our first round picks on OL.

IF we can develop some of this young talent, we can let guys walk without need to replace them in FA.  Start to play the comp pick game a bit and avoid the big FA salaries that more often than not lead to huge dead cap charges.

This past draft and next years can have us so well postiioned to really turn things around for once.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, derp said:

Big year for Herndon would be huge for this offense IMO. Really hope he can get back on track.

Hes in the last year of his contract so if he wants make real money in this league, it would behoove him to put it all together this year.  That should factor in too.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Very cool to hear Herndon reach out.  Herndon completely disappeared under adam gase.  Im starting to think saleh is going to bring this kid back to life.

I am predicting a big year for herndon.

Herndon’s next contract tied to his relationship and targets from Zach. You’re either at the front of the line or your waiting for scraps!

funny dog drinking GIF

• Upvote 1

Saleh also commented that MCII had some a really cool sequence in 7 x 7, where he misread play.  Then a couple of plays later, offense gave a similar look and learned from his mistake and made the correct adjustment on his own.  Was impressed with his ability to make adjustment on his own.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

So I take it they already practiced today lol.

I am not sure.  They did a split session yesterday  OL/DL in the AM and skill positions in the PM with interviews between sessions.  I am assuming the afternoon session will be starting up soon.

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am not sure.  They did a split session yesterday  OL/DL in the AM and skill positions in the PM with interviews between sessions.  I am assuming the afternoon session will be starting up soon.

Makes sense. The interviews times just kinda threw me off. I started seeing all the interviews & figured that meant post-practice.