Rookie Mini Camp This Weekend

18 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

No just look at his career stats. It’s really not that difficult. He’s a hall of fame shortstop. 

He is, never said he wasnt a HOF SS.  

He's just not god like some make him out to be.  

On 5/8/2021 at 8:50 AM, flgreen said:

It's a fair question.  The NFLPA is pressuring the rookies not to attend the OTA's.

He replied that he wanted to talk to his QB, and the other rookies about it before he made a decision.  He's indicating that he wants to do what ever their going to do as a TEAM.  Lots of other things he could have said there if he was a diva.  

I admit I'm often guilty of not reading through, but my statement still stands, at least theoretically. Besides, any rookie that has Diva tendencies should be taken down a few notches very quickly before they start thinking they're entitled to run the asylum. I don't even want to hear Aaron Rodgers sh it if that tells you anything. To be clear, neither one of those scenarios is even remotely the same thing as being a dishrag. 

On 5/7/2021 at 1:09 PM, Beerfish said:

Yeah and the fact you reinforced it in the thread when he got released by Washinton by giving this succinct scouting report ..... 'trash'

I lack tact and subtlety often.  

• Upvote 2

On 5/7/2021 at 12:32 PM, Irish Jet said:

I remember being thinking both he and Treadwell were absolute garbage and all hype. There was nothing to them.

Then I ruined it all by absolutely loving Corey Coleman...

The dream of what Coleman could have been 

17 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Oh give it a rest. He's a Hall of Fame player with 5 rings. If he was on your favorite team you'd sainthood him.

Grew up a Mets fan.  Seaver and Jeter are the two greatest baseball players who played in the Metro area in the last 50 plus years.  If we lived before most of us bought into monotheism he would be considered a God.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Biggs said:

Grew up a Mets fan.  Seaver and Jeter are the two greatest baseball players who played in the Metro area in the last 50 plus years.  If we lived before most of us bought into monotheism he would be considered a God.  

I also grew up a Mets fan.  Seaver is my hero, and one of the greatest players in the history of baseball.

Jeter belongs on the list, as does Mariano Rivera, who I consider the greatest closer in the history of baseball.

• Upvote 2

On 5/7/2021 at 10:20 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

Serious question -- has changing uniforms ever changed how any team ever was perceived?

We're lucky enough to have a classic, iconic look despite not being a classic, iconic franchise and we threw it away in favor of something that looks like a MAC team or a CFL expansion franchise.

I would have to say the Tampa Bucs old unis may have been the worst I have ever seen.  The old Pats were not much better.  Once they changed unis (especially Tampa) they began to change that perception a bit.  Of course drafting, signing and trading for good players didn't hurt either.  

14 hours ago, Biggs said:

I was at the near perfect game against the cubbies in July '69. By the end of June, the Mets were a thing.  Seaver and koosman were mowing them all down game after game.  There was electricity that summer.  We knew they were going to catch the Cubs.  My grandfather always had connections to tickets to any sport and there we were that night in a Loge box seat right above the Cubs batting circle.  Check out the crowd ofr an early July game.  Not an empty seat.  What a game.  What a pitcher.  RIP #41.

(Booooo Jimmy Qualls wherever you are)

• Upvote 2