Rookie Mini Camp This Weekend

32 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Which had to do with who was running the team and building those rosters not the uniform. You know that right? 

No kidding. However, you also want to change a loser image. That is why new regimes change uniforms.

QB Zach Wilson will make his on-field debut today at the start of a three-day rookie minicamp. About 30 rookies will be present, including the 10 draft picks. Because of COVID-19 protocols, the team will split — linemen in the morning, skill players at 12:30. Wilson will have 7-on-7 against air, along with positional and individual drills. There won't be the traditional 11-on-11 periods. This is a basic introduction to the NFL.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_rich.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer1m ago
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

So just waiting on tweets around 12:30. I’ll post them for you guys if nobody is around to do it. Just kicking back today.

Barely got any sleep, Resident Evil 8 released at midnight last night and I had it pre-ordered since February. (If you know, you know!!)

Awesome!!!  Thanks!!!  Hopefully we get some good video as well.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

My office is 500 yards away from the facility in Florham Park, there is a lot more activity at the facility today.   Most I’ve seen in a long time.  You can tell the media is back at the facility as well.  

Get up to the roof with your tablet & binoculars 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

No kidding. However, you also want to change a loser image. That is why new regimes change uniforms.

Serious question -- has changing uniforms ever changed how any team ever was perceived?

We're lucky enough to have a classic, iconic look despite not being a classic, iconic franchise and we threw it away in favor of something that looks like a MAC team or a CFL expansion franchise.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I am a bit unfamiliar with Florham park and all that it entails. 

It is the Jets office headquarters correct?  All admin offices and coaches offices and such?

Also as I see on a website it has outdoor and indoor fields plus weight training and such. 

Do they have player dormitories as well?  As in accommodation or would players stay at nearby hotels?

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It is the Jets office headquarters correct?  All admin offices and coaches offices and such?

Also as I see on a website it has outdoor and indoor fields plus weight training and such. 

Do they have player dormitories as well?  As in accommodation or would players stay at nearby hotels?

I do not believe they have dormitories. Just HQ and training facilities

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Serious question -- has changing uniforms ever changed how any team ever was perceived?

We're lucky enough to have a classic, iconic look despite not being a classic, iconic franchise and we threw it away in favor of something that looks like a MAC team or a CFL expansion franchise.

Bucs when they dropped the creamsicle jerseys.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

they just built a new hotel right next to it, unaffiliated with the jets i believe.  there are many office buildings around the place.  there is a residence inn or something similar to it about a half mile down the road.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Correct, no dormitories.  There are many quality hotels in the area, and Florham Park is a nice location and a nice town.  I've been to the facility, and as I'm sure you know, it is a 1st class facility.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alka said:

Correct, no dormitories.  There are many quality hotels in the area, and Florham Park is a nice location and a nice town.  I've been to the facility, and as I'm sure you know, it is a 1st class facility.

the whole area around there is amazing.  i coach lacrosse in chatham, our field is right across from where nick mangold used to live.  i believe Gase used to live in chatham, FitzMagic in Chatham, Rex lived in summit and i think nick moved to madison.  such a wealthy and great area.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

the whole area around there is amazing.  i coach lacrosse in chatham, our field is right across from where nick mangold used to live.  i believe Gase used to live in chatham, FitzMagic in Chatham, Rex lived in summit and i think nick moved to madison.  such a wealthy and great area.

You just mentioned 3 of the nicest towns in the entire state of NJ.  All 3 are "money" towns, and the school systems are highly rated.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

My office is 500 yards away from the facility in Florham Park, there is a lot more activity at the facility today.   Most I’ve seen in a long time.  You can tell the media is back at the facility as well.  

That's pretty cool. My office is in Florham Park as well.  Although, to date I've never made it down to the Jets facility.